Subject: "RE: Well, it is simple" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2034
Show all folders

DervishMon 26-Nov-07 09:34 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#2042, "RE: Well, it is simple"

>If you know all this, why did you post a thread a few days
>ago about how barrier is unbeatable?
Because "to know" and "to do or ba able to use" are much, much different things

It is what makes the difference between seminewbie and vet

>"From level X on, you should be able to get a potion of return in five minutes. If you can't do this, this is a goal for you to work on." This is implied by my saying that you should be able to come up with that plus several things more as a ghost from nothing, but it might not be obvious enough.

Exactly. That will be good advice.

>There isn't some secret unified way to do this,

Well, the more I play CF the more I realize that I know soooo little about the game. I mean its huge game, and someone knows one thing, someone knows another.

Some days ago I made a topic on dios, asking if this possible to get 3-5-7 gold before lvl 10-14 for such potions. I was suprised when many told me that its pretty easy to do and such.

So, now at least I _know_ that this is possible. Same with sleeks. I just did not know about them at all. Hmm, I lost my point...Ah!

I think, if you wish to make newb's life easier, give him way to have some practice (that Simon quest is very good, but need more, and for PK too!). And make some short (or not short) guides for each class.

Like for invoker:
beware of bash/trip/lash etc
seek sleeks and preps
some hints about practicing spells

And for your current advices you can just support them with more info. For example "Be vigilant, and be paranoid. "
Spam "where" like hell! To make it easier make alias {whe; some skill or spell you use in ranking}

"Once you're in the PK levels, strive to have every detect available to you up constantly." if you have not detect invis, you can search for preps in game.

"Get potion of return" You should be able to get it easily from 15th rank. Figure how *wink*

and so on. But I am not sure if its worthy to give such advices here, they are a bit closer to spoilers

but the other part of "beig newbie"...I dont know how to deal with it, or should you at all? I mean lazyness and fun. Good PKillers good not only because of skills, but they do less mistakes, they strive to be prepped, they search and gather preps and such.

Many peoples and me too are just lazy

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPK Tips for Newbies [View all] , Daevryn, Mon 26-Nov-07 12:26 AM
Reply I'll add, incognito, 10-Dec-07 04:11 PM, #17
Reply Danke, Regreath, 28-Nov-07 11:28 AM, #15
Reply Add to be vigilant/paranoid, Dave, 26-Nov-07 05:02 PM, #12
Reply RE: Add to be vigilant/paranoid, Daevryn, 27-Nov-07 08:45 AM, #14
Reply Well, it is simple, Dervish, 26-Nov-07 03:45 AM, #1
     Reply Potion of recall is gettable in 10 minutes as a level 1..., DurNominator, 26-Nov-07 05:01 AM, #2
     Reply It is not bad, yes. It is just not very useful or const..., Dervish, 26-Nov-07 05:17 AM, #3
          Reply It sells for 2400 copper in most apotecharies., DurNominator, 26-Nov-07 05:37 AM, #4
          Reply RE: It is not bad, yes. It is just not very useful or c..., Lyristeon, 26-Nov-07 04:18 PM, #11
     Reply Honestly:, Valguarnera, 26-Nov-07 07:21 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Honestly:, Dervish, 26-Nov-07 07:43 AM, #6
          Reply RE: Honestly:, Valguarnera, 26-Nov-07 07:26 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Well, it is simple, Daevryn, 26-Nov-07 09:05 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Well, it is simple, Dervish, 26-Nov-07 09:34 AM #8
     Reply RE: Well, it is simple, incognito, 10-Dec-07 04:18 PM, #18
          Reply RE: Well, it is simple, Daevryn, 10-Dec-07 09:49 PM, #19
     Reply But, Dwoggurd, 29-Nov-07 02:17 AM, #16
     Reply I wish I had this when I started 4 years ago., Dragomir, 26-Nov-07 10:47 AM, #9
     Reply RE: Well, it is simple, Lyristeon, 26-Nov-07 04:14 PM, #10
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2034 Previous topic | Next topic