Subject: "RE: Need advice on fighting dagger spec" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1789
Show all folders

ValguarneraMon 09-Jul-07 12:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1791, "RE: Need advice on fighting dagger spec"

- In general, daggers are terrible for parrying and relatively easy to avoid with various defenses. (If they're dodging well, they'd be dodging well with any weapon in hand.) While it's good for a lot of things, it's a detriment to their tanking.

- They do have a ready selection of lightweight weapons. So yes, STR loss isn't going to be great-- it's not supposed to be a universal tactic. DEX loss is crippling, however, and you can also just go with throwing tons of damage-- most of the builds that work well with daggers aren't brimming with extra HP.

- Dodge-heavy classes in general need to travel light. This both restricts equipment choices, and works counter to certain power-based skills like Bash.

- If they can't take your weapon with STR-loss (you gear for it and/or wield something very light, etc.), they're going to have a lot of trouble getting your weapon out of your hand-- daggers are fairly terrible for Disarm and related skills.

- As warriors go, their options for denying your commands are lower than usual. Whatever tactic you decide to go with, you're going to have a shot at using it.

Overall, they certainly aren't dominating. It's not remotely the most common spec choice, and it's not overrepresented among the highest-PK warriors. (Actually, it's fairly new that finesse-based warrior builds make that list with any frequency. It used to be more like a pile of giant/duergar bash specs.) I think the current situation looks healthy-- there are very effective dagger-spec warriors, but there are also very effective warriors with other specs.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicNeed advice on fighting dagger spec [View all] , aspi, Mon 09-Jul-07 05:55 AM
Reply Thanks! I guess I'll just keep on trying. nt, aspi, 10-Jul-07 11:42 PM, #5
Reply With the new changes., deBriguy, 31-Jul-07 01:03 PM, #6
Reply Give them 5 rafts, Theerkla, 09-Jul-07 05:29 PM, #3
Reply This is why the 'nogive' toggle exists., Valguarnera, 10-Jul-07 07:25 AM, #4
Reply RE: Need advice on fighting dagger spec, Valguarnera, 09-Jul-07 12:32 PM #2
Reply My tips:, GinGa, 09-Jul-07 09:52 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1789 Previous topic | Next topic