Subject: "My take." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1637
Show all folders

TwistTue 13-Feb-07 09:05 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1638, "My take."

I walk up to that mage, wake him, tell him something like:

"Only a damn fool mage would sleep in the middle of town. You need someone to teach you a thing or two, don't you, boy? Why don't you put down those spellbooks, pick up a good sword, and I'll show you how to fight like a man."

"Hmm, those arms look a little weak. We'll need to build up muscle. Maybe a dagger first. Give up your foolish magic, it only makes you weak."

Basically give him a chance to actually *play*. He may snort at you, or cast invis, or try to attack (if he's stupid), or whatever. Maybe he'll even listen (or pretend to listen).

In any of the above cases, you're sticking to your role as a rager wannabe, but you aren't making the player in question decide that this whole MUDding thing is stupid.

(And then later on when that dark-elf destroys you at hero levels with some ubermojo that is totally unfair, maybe he'll remember that little bit of RP-instead-of-PK and return your shinies.)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topica question of etiquette and RP [View all] , Menilin, Tue 13-Feb-07 08:15 AM
Reply RE: a question of etiquette and RP, Daevryn, 13-Feb-07 02:30 PM, #3
Reply RE: a question of etiquette and RP, Twist, 13-Feb-07 03:41 PM, #4
Reply I Agree with Twist, Kastellyn, 13-Feb-07 12:45 PM, #2
Reply My take., Twist, 13-Feb-07 09:05 AM #1
     Reply RE: My take., Isildur, 14-Feb-07 12:41 AM, #5
          Reply Definitely another option..., Twist, 14-Feb-07 09:34 AM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1637 Previous topic | Next topic