Subject: "a question of etiquette and RP" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1637
Show all folders

MenilinTue 13-Feb-07 08:15 AM
Member since 07th Feb 2007
11 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1637, "a question of etiquette and RP"

I'm not exactly a new player, but I had this question and I thought the answer would be good for new players to hear as well.

Ok, let's say you're playing a rager wanna-be (or whatever cabal). You got your skills up pretty good, and you're looking for someone to pk. You check who pk and find that there's only one mage (if you're a rager) logged on in your pk range. However, you've fought this dude twice before over the last two days, and both times, he died without hardly scratching you. But, it's been a while since the last time you killed him, so you go wax him again. You take a look at his race, notice he's a drow and suddenly realize, you don't have a mithril weapon for dealing with drow (even though you don't need it with this guy, there will be other drow eventually). So you go get yourself a nice jeweled dagger, come back, and as you walk into galadon, there's the same guy you've waxed three times, no longer a ghost now, and sleeping at Market Sqare. No tribs around, no witnesses, you don't give a jack about tribunal laws, what do you do? Do you wax the guy again, even though you've nailed him three times already and the last time wasn't long ago (and you know that with the jeweled dagger you'll probably one-round him), or do you take pity on him and leave him be, turning down the chance to kill a mage when you're applying for the village? I always feel sorry for the guy in situations like this, but if my character has a crusade to kill (such as a rager), would it not be bad RP to pass up the chance? Or would it be worse RP to spam kill someone who doesn't stand the tiniest chance of survival? Decisions, decisions!

Menilin

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topica question of etiquette and RP [View all] , Menilin, Tue 13-Feb-07 08:15 AM
Reply RE: a question of etiquette and RP, Daevryn, 13-Feb-07 02:30 PM, #3
Reply RE: a question of etiquette and RP, Twist, 13-Feb-07 03:41 PM, #4
Reply I Agree with Twist, Kastellyn, 13-Feb-07 12:45 PM, #2
Reply My take., Twist, 13-Feb-07 09:05 AM, #1
     Reply RE: My take., Isildur, 14-Feb-07 12:41 AM, #5
          Reply Definitely another option..., Twist, 14-Feb-07 09:34 AM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1637 Previous topic | Next topic