Subject: "This is the" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #152
Show all folders

XaannixSun 01-Jun-03 01:07 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
499 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#154, "This is the"

best mud ive ever come across. All the other ones are like youre sailing a battleship in your bathtub.

This was my first mudding experience also, was tough to get started but after a bit, you will learn much faster. A while back I tried a few other muds out there and i realized i got lucky stumbling upon CF first.

Dont get discouraged if you get killed. When you learn and get better you can dish out 10 times the pain you received. Before you learn to kill, learn to run. It will save you a lot of time and anguish.

RP is mandatory here and its great that way. Dont talk about cars/women/real life in the game, or assholes will realize you're a total newbie and kill you just for kicks. Immortals will also get on your case if you go OOC a lot in the game.

Use the newbie channel.

As for a Mud Client, get Zmud or Gmud. Dont use telnet. Download them and set it up for Carrionfields. That will save you a lot of headaches as well.

Cheers and have fun.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicOOC: Super Newbie Question [View all] , Jasque, Wed 28-May-03 12:59 PM
Reply This is the, Xaannix, 01-Jun-03 01:07 AM #2
Reply RE: OOC: Super Newbie Question, Scarabaeus, 28-May-03 01:34 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #152 Previous topic | Next topic