Subject: "Some help and tips" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #148
Show all folders

NarissaSun 25-May-03 09:48 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#150, "Some help and tips"

>But my friends still tell me im not ready for empowerment and that I should stick to warriors and assassins.I have tried a paladin and was close to getting empowerment(I think).

With two years experience playing CF (I assume regularly), I will encourage you to try an empowered character. Though you don't need an empowered character to RP, being empowered with a sphere and having a religion do require you to be on your toes in your role and RP skills. You'll never know when your god is watching you.

All this is said with presumption that you know CF fairly sufficient in regards to cabals and religions and some areas. All in all, if you don't try, you'll never know how much you learnt through the years.

>1.How long should a role normally be.

All depends on your character. This includes your writing skills. However, if an Imm needs to read a few pages just to understand your character, it will be quite a hinderance to empower you.

>2.Is their a certain criteria for roles.

There is no hard and fast rules to it. Some like it to be in story form, some in short paragraphs, some in point forms, some in personal point of view, some in log-type formats, etc. It's all about your character actually and your style.

>3.What is a good way to role-play(because my friends say I suck at it).<-- Dont know any other way to ask this.

Brushing up RP skills requires many factors like being involved in game, cabals, group interaction, listening and hearing what people say and RP, reading fantasy books, etc. It's about fleshing out your character.

>4.In playing for 2 years am I ready to try an empowered char?

See above.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicRoles and Roleplaying. [View all] , Black Death, Sun 25-May-03 06:39 PM
Reply RE: Roles and Roleplaying., Yanoreth, 25-May-03 11:56 PM, #3
Reply RE: Roles and Roleplaying., Racli, 03-Jun-03 01:23 AM, #4
     Reply my guess, incognito, 03-Jun-03 02:53 PM, #5
Reply Some help and tips, Narissa, 25-May-03 09:48 PM #2
Reply RE: Roles and Roleplaying., Ululari, 25-May-03 07:41 PM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #148 Previous topic | Next topic