Subject: "RE: Hello and other newbish ramblings" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1323
Show all folders

EshvalSat 01-Jul-06 07:08 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1329, "RE: Hello and other newbish ramblings"

As a note, my first character back in the dark ages was an AP. Boy I died...a lot. I died everytime I did anything...I died to other APs, starvation, getting lost and wandering in the wrong place. The little girl mobs kicked dirt in my eyes, at b###h-slapped me if I even gave them a glance. My second character wasn't much better, and after a decade of playing this silly-assed game, I can at least get supplies and clothes...but I still die...a lot. I can, however, on a good day, show the orphans a thing or two...if I am lucky.

As has been said...important things to know:
Where to get food/water - the outfit command is your friend. Keep a few coins in the bank to go buy some pies and waterskins and a sack. Grab the guards swords off the ground if you need a weapon, or any weapon you can.

While you are a ghost, you can get lots of things, but be aware that you can still die in some cases.

Pay attention to where other folks go. Look at mobs, see what they carry...look on the ground, often there is gear lying about in certain areas (learn how to walk quickly to these areas, and grab the gear lying about . Use your ghostly recall ability to get back home quickly and head out for new gear.

Make a list of easy to grab objects that will allow you to function on a basic level. Prepare for the inevitable time when you un-ghost and are in PK range again. Once you have a basic list of gear you can get and its locations, regearing is simple.

I still suck at this game, but because I die well (and often), I know where I can grab some gear. If your are good-aligned, seek the assistance of other good characters or the Fortress. Do not beg for gear, but ask nicely for locations, offer to quest for them, anything that works.

If you are not good, make lots of friends who 'might' lend a hand or help you kill someone with gear that can be obtained from their corpse.

RP it all.

Have fun. This is often a magical place, and you get (mostly) what you put into it.

Good luck.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHello and other newbish ramblings [View all] , Richenza, Wed 26-Jul-06 05:03 PM
Reply RE: Hello and other newbish ramblings, Alenysi, 27-Jul-06 04:57 PM, #10
Reply Glad to have you!, Crysseara, 30-Jun-06 01:46 PM, #9
Reply Ditto and txt, Tac, 30-Jun-06 02:59 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Ditto and txt, nepenthe, 30-Jun-06 08:35 PM, #4
          Reply I had totally forgotten about that..., Tac, 05-Jul-06 10:54 AM, #8
Reply Hola., Eskelian, 02-Jul-06 02:27 AM, #7
Reply RE: Hello and other newbish ramblings, Isildur, 07-Jul-06 11:54 PM, #6
Reply RE: Hello and other newbish ramblings, Eshval, 01-Jul-06 07:08 PM #5
Reply My advice, Lightmage, 30-Jun-06 05:24 PM, #3
Reply RE: Hello, Qaledus, 30-Jun-06 04:58 PM, #2
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1323 Previous topic | Next topic