Subject: "RE: Brandish staff problem?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1226
Show all folders

KastellynMon 03-Apr-06 11:43 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1230, "RE: Brandish staff problem?"

The brandish command does not differentiate between offensive or defensive spells contained in the staff.

You can't buy wands, staves or scrolls from shops that you can't use, i.e., they aren't affected by the +5 level difference like weapons and armor.

If the level of the wand, staff or scroll is greater than your level, you won't be able to invoke it (note that the level of the spell contained in the object is independent of the wand level, and can be higher or lower). Just because you find it in a low level area or kill a mob for it doesn't mean the item will be your level or lower. Use identify, or if you get two, find a shop and sell one then type list to see what level it is. Shoppies mark up price, they don't change the level of objects they sell.

Your troubles are most likely either from trying to use staves that are higher than your level or bad luck with the RNG.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicBrandish staff problem? [View all] , Butterfly, Mon 03-Apr-06 12:29 AM
Reply RE: Brandish staff problem?, Kastellyn, 03-Apr-06 11:43 AM #4
Reply RE: Brandish staff problem?, Qaledus, 01-May-06 01:54 PM, #5
Reply RE: Brandish staff problem?, Mort, 03-Apr-06 02:28 AM, #1
     Reply To state the above more clearly, Theerkla, 03-Apr-06 05:13 AM, #2
          Reply Right, I'm not sure how I neglected to mention that spe..., Mort, 03-Apr-06 05:23 AM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1226 Previous topic | Next topic