Subject: "The Rules" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1002
Show all folders

CorrlaanSun 06-Nov-05 07:13 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2005
195 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1003, "The Rules"

The rules state that gaining gear, or information through an OOC contact is strictly illegal and will be dealt with harshly.

That being said I will also say that finding each other in game and joining to gain levels and interact with others is relatively harmless. (I'll probably get smited for saying that)

When you introduce someone to the game we all want to go and take them by the hand and show them all the cool things. BUT, it is much better for that person to find out for themselves where Aldevari is, or where the kobolds are rather than get dragged there in a scrolling mess of room descriptions and then dragged to level 11 and all of a sudden he's wearing soft leather and he's in the PK range. Well let's go get you some gear...and thats where you find yourself in the Realm of the Dead getting slain for cheating.

What I would reccomend if you want your friend to have a great all around experience here is to direct him to the pertinent helpfiles and let him get the hang of those first 10 levels by himself.

We cannot obviously keep you from telling your buddy, hey..Im logging on this afternoon, lets meet up and play. But we can come down on you fairly hard when you are obviously just getting your friend gear, using the combination to rack up kills, and generally just plain old cheating.

Miyagi always said...Best block is no be there. So don't even dip your toes on the line of Sharing Gear/Sharing Info. Unfortunately the line between that and just grouping together to play the game is very thin, so if you DO decide to join up. Be good and don't cheat.

Corrlaan followers are NICE. With a capital NICE!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicI have a question [View all] , queien, Sun 06-Nov-05 03:33 PM
Reply What I recommend., DurNominator, 08-Nov-05 04:41 AM, #4
Reply The Rules, Corrlaan, 06-Nov-05 07:13 PM #1
     Reply RE: The Rules, queien, 06-Nov-05 10:42 PM, #2
          Reply Additional Help, Zebulus, 08-Nov-05 03:50 AM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1002 Previous topic | Next topic