Subject: "RE: How to worship IMMs successfully?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3357
Show all folders

IsildurMon 01-Aug-11 08:27 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#3361, "RE: How to worship IMMs successfully?"

>How does one go about their worship?

Visit the shrine at least every other day and send up an IC prayer. If you don't know the shrine's location then pray from somewhere that seems appropriate and ask to be guided to the shrine.

Also evangelize others with your deity's religion. Be an advocate. And, of course, behave in accordance with the tenets of the religion.

>how often there is back-and-forth interaction.

This often depends on how busy your deity is in real-life and whether your times match up. If you're never online at the same time then obviously there's not going to be much back and forth interaction.

>What benefits tend to come out of it?

Enjoyment. Tattoo. Imm XP.

>Should you come in with much praise and basically kiss ass?

Depends on the deity. Most deities won't respond well to obvious ass-kissing. Some might. Generally you should be showing extreme awe and respect.

>Can you ask for a tattoo or is that usually given as a reward for well-played roles and general worship?

Nothing stops you from asking, but it's usually a bad idea. Sometimes not, though, such as if you're following a deity that covers the pride sphere. When asked what your "goals" are you might respond, "I want to bear your mark, Lord, that all may know I am your favored servant."

It's got to be IC though. No deity wants to hear, "I want your tattoo because it has a cool prog. Gimme."

>Do something impressive first?

Doing something impressive never hurts. I think they generally like to "time" giving you the tat so that it coincides with something cool you've done. Though, if you're not online at the same time they may just give it to you the first time you're both around at the same time once they think you're worthy. Mainly because it might be another few days before they even get the opportunity.

>Just talk through your own issues and philosophies and chat about your life and ambitions?

Usually your talks will center around how your philosophies, life, ambitions, etc. relate to the religion. Some imms are much more about "sitting around and talking" than others. Marcatis liked to use the Socratic method.

>Can you deal for things (edges, legacies, forms, whatever, if it's in role, etc.) or does that not really happen unless you like win the Role Contest or something big like that?

Generally your imm is not just going to hand out stuff like that. That's usually reserved for RC rewards and/or super long-lived characters who are just phenomenal.

>I feel like they ask me what I want, like why I'm
>bothering them, and I don't really know what to say other than
>some version of I am here to worship, at your service, etc.,
>which doesn't seem to get me very far.

You need to have something in your role about why your character even wants to worship this deity in the first place. Did you have a vision when you were young? Were you raised by monks who taught you the basics of the faith? Are you driven by the pursuit of power, and so come to its ultimate source? Do you strive to escape the fog of illusion and achieve purity of the soul?

If your deity asks you why you're at the shrine, then you might say something like, "I come to give praise the One who is worthy; I come to pay homage to you, My Lord." Or something like that.

>
>Thoughts on worship? What works and what to expect? Thanks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHow to worship IMMs successfully? [View all] , GreatGray, Sun 31-Jul-11 11:31 AM
Reply I got a question that's along religion lines, dalneko, 07-Aug-11 12:10 PM, #7
Reply Whenever you feel it's appropriate., Homard, 07-Aug-11 01:18 PM, #8
Reply Some other things you might try., lasentia, 01-Aug-11 10:32 AM, #5
Reply RE: How to worship IMMs successfully?, Isildur, 01-Aug-11 08:27 AM #4
Reply My POV, Homard, 31-Jul-11 02:04 PM, #1
     Reply RE: My POV, GreatGray, 31-Jul-11 02:31 PM, #2
          Reply RE: My POV, Homard, 31-Jul-11 02:48 PM, #3
               Reply RE: My POV, Isildur, 01-Aug-11 03:03 PM, #6
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #3357 Previous topic | Next topic