Subject: "RE: Helpful Advice?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2355
Show all folders

nebelMon 26-Jan-09 10:39 AM
Member since 03rd Oct 2003
148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2359, "RE: Helpful Advice?"

Java is right.

I used to play on a mud where characters never died. So you start as a new player and you had a bunch of people that all knew each other, and had characters that had been going on for years. It was tough to "break in" as you put it, since they were also snobs and elitists.

On CF, all characters cease to exist at some point, so you don't have that sort of thing going on.

Any time you talk to anybody, they should be RPing. But as Java said, in the lower levels they might be pre-occupied with getting other things done, so a lot will do the minimum required. But my current lowbie had minor but quality RP interactions with several people already.

Usually if you step up your RP people will repsond. If I get into a group with two people that are strictly business, I usually don't RP very hard. But if one or both of them are strong RPers I will follow suit.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHelpful Advice? [View all] , Kaetril, Sun 25-Jan-09 10:29 PM
Reply Use tell command and talk to people., DurNominator, 26-Jan-09 02:43 PM, #5
Reply RE: Helpful Advice?, nebel, 26-Jan-09 10:39 AM #4
Reply I think CF is very different than what you're used to., Java, 25-Jan-09 10:58 PM, #1
     Reply Just felt like adding one suggestion, Mort, 26-Jan-09 01:35 AM, #2
          Reply The Inn, Artificial, 26-Jan-09 02:14 AM, #3
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #2355 Previous topic | Next topic