Subject: "Honestly, thank you." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #188
Show all folders

thedrunkardThu 17-Jul-03 02:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
53 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#191, "Honestly, thank you."

I haven't exactly at least in my own mind, had the most compelling to watch, or desiring to know characters I think, But... In my little borderline personality disorder universe, CarrionFields is a first time mud/other path of whatever expression people are supposed to need. So at times I can get sort of involved per se.. As well pretty damn disappointed when I make a point to leave stuff, and I get full looted from camelot gear... Or when I make an attempt at something that Imms would be replying to or watching and I just end up looking like an idiot.. I mean hey, what can I say, I suppose social skills are a bit of a neccessity, I just like being able to go somewhere and not be me. For some reason though, It's like the "reward" or recognition is just as important as the character I try to play to escape reality with. Sure, I love being a dumb orc, or an evil corrupt mage, to trying out different warrior specs, yet it just really gets to me when it seems all that I put of myself into what I am trying to portray as a character goes unnoticed or just disregarded. Maybe I do screw up in situations time to time, or get lost once in a while, even aggitated when I see someone getting away with something they shouldn't, It's just that it seems when I put myself into someone, and I am just tossed aside, sickly enough, part of me feels like that too. I have honestly been in roleplaying situations where I was actually affected emotionally, I remember a shapeshifter named Talin I believe it was, we were both shifters in Nexus, Can't remember my name, but there was this whole in depth conversation deal, at a critical break down point in my characters life.. I actually cried that night, while silently playing in the fields. To me that is just the release.. I know the fun is in "playing" and your info has helped a great deal, but My fun is having someone else notice something worth noticing.. That make sense? Your input has been very helpful, and assuring. I'm sure a good deal of my posts come off the wrong way, or so it seems from lack of replies, or just plain Imm's insulting me, I'm not doing something right. Honestly, even something as slight as an echoe of someone watching me, guiding, noticing, disagreeing..etc. that in itself would be such a cool thing to happen. When Intronan was around, one of maybe.. three Imms I have actively interacted with besides Holztendorff, so you can imagine how much lack I have been getting. A few times I would speak with someone briefly, I remember Bria gave me 1 con while in between talking to people, then basically told my honor sphere character How i pretty much dont do #### for the cabal, and everything I thought I had done.. was basically nothing.. Well, I have been ranting way too long, and too many beers. Again, thank you for the replies, I will try to take as much in as I can, just gets so frustrating sometimes then I remember, at least in this life I can log out and take a break, Guess that's what makes CF even better in comparison to reality..
Welp.. thanks, take it easy an all that

Early bird gets the worm, Second mouse gets the cheese!

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicHelp with Immteraction [View all] , thedrunkard, Wed 16-Jul-03 12:28 AM
Reply RE: Help with Immteraction, zaya, 29-Jul-03 02:00 PM, #9
Reply RE: Help with Immteraction, Khasotholas, 16-Jul-03 08:24 PM, #2
Reply Honestly, thank you., thedrunkard, 17-Jul-03 02:53 AM #3
     Reply RE: Honestly, thank you., Quislet, 17-Jul-03 01:11 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Honestly, thank you., Gwyn, 17-Jul-03 02:00 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Honestly, thank you., thedrunkard, 17-Jul-03 02:50 PM, #6
          Reply RE: Honestly, thank you., Quislet, 17-Jul-03 03:03 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Honestly, thank you., Khasotholas, 18-Jul-03 10:34 PM, #8
Reply few things, incognito, 16-Jul-03 03:19 AM, #1
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #188 Previous topic | Next topic