Subject: "PKs (questions; not a complaint)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1459
Show all folders

super nerdWed 01-Nov-06 06:23 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
5 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1459, "PKs (questions; not a complaint)"

First of all, I wish to make it clear that I'm not whining about how I got pk'd and it isn't fair. Now that that's outa the way...

My sibling (who is an INCREDIBLE RPer) has gotten very interested in this mud, and like every good sibling is most likely going to drag me along. Looks like a good mud, though I must admit that the size of it seems a bit overwhelming.

Anyway, looking at the site, I seem to get the impression that I WILL get killed quite a lot. Don't have too much of a problem with that. So questions. Do you need a good IC RP reason for the pks you make? What would be considered a good reason? Bad reason? For example, could someone hack me to pieces because I was obviously weaker or that they need spare change or that they just could. Do people go lopping newbies heads off just to get some more pks under their belt? Is such a thing allowed? What should I do if, after talking to the pker, they obviously have no good reason for doing so? Etc?

Concepts that I've always seen (I'm a bit familiar with a few other muds) is that you don't need to be told why you were killed ICly, but that the pker still needs a good reason. If they do, just brush it off and continue on. After you pk someone, leave 'em alone. Don't keep killing them unless they attack you. Is this sorta like that here?

Well, I've run out of possible questions and senerios...for now at least. Anyways, Thanks for any responses. I know a lot of things might depend on the senerio, but I'd appreciate if you do your best to put up with my lengthy questions (when I drink root beer, I type a lot and unconsisely).

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicPKs (questions; not a complaint) [View all] , super nerd, Wed 01-Nov-06 06:23 PM
Reply My experience:, Aodh, 12-Nov-06 09:59 PM, #17
Reply RE: PKs (questions; not a complaint), Brawny, 12-Nov-06 04:13 AM, #15
Reply PK and RP, DurNominator, 12-Nov-06 06:18 AM, #16
Reply By which name do you wish to be mourned?, TheDude, 01-Nov-06 09:17 PM, #3
Reply Cool Post. I Endorse!, Kastellyn, 03-Nov-06 12:47 AM, #13
     Reply I'd actually like to see this stickied, Drag0nSt0rm, 03-Nov-06 03:40 PM, #14
Reply Some advice, Lightmage, 01-Nov-06 07:30 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Some advice, super nerd, 01-Nov-06 09:10 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Some advice, Alenysi, 01-Nov-06 09:43 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Some advice, super nerd, 01-Nov-06 10:45 PM, #5
                    Reply RE: Some advice, Alenysi, 02-Nov-06 12:20 AM, #6
                    Reply See it like this..., Marcus_, 02-Nov-06 05:26 AM, #7
                         Reply RE: See it like this..., super nerd, 02-Nov-06 03:07 PM, #8
                              Reply RE: See it like this..., Alenysi, 02-Nov-06 03:24 PM, #9
                              Reply RE: See it like this..., Elerosse, 02-Nov-06 03:44 PM, #10
                                   Reply RE: See it like this..., super nerd, 02-Nov-06 04:49 PM, #11
                                        Reply RE: See it like this..., Daevryn, 02-Nov-06 07:16 PM, #12
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #1459 Previous topic | Next topic