Subject: "February 2023" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Code Changes Topic #260
Show all folders

IshuliSun 05-Feb-23 12:24 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2148 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#260, "February 2023"

* Shield paladins - Your shield weight can now give you some bonuses. A heavy shield will tend to do more damage (and other things you'd expect from weight), a light shield will tend to land things more often (things that are easier based on quick movement). You ARE NOT LOSING ANYTHING by not having a light or heavy shield. These only give bonuses and have no downside.

* Champ Paladins - Fend is getting changed a little bit. After watching it for a while, almost every Paladin was fending at a rate of over 100 percent. Some were reaching 400 percent. That's silly. The reason became obvious once I started digging - NOTHING a victim does could EVER change how well your fend worked. Having more people against you was only a bonus.

So fend will now work like every other skill in the MUD. Meaning it considers multiple things. From stats to skills to edges to legacies to AF's on you and the victim. At times this can be to your benefit. At times it can be to your detriment. This gives victims a chance to actually modify how well your fend works.

Part of this comes with a flat out debuff against mobs that are higher level than you. It doesn't mean you can't fend them, but you aren't fending them at a 350% rate anymore.

I put some tracking in for all of the above, so I'll keep an eye on it, and promise to adjust it if I went too far or did anything that is dumb.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicFebruary 2023 [View all] , Ishuli, Sun 05-Feb-23 12:24 PM
Reply Ranger Terrains and Races, Ishuli, 26-Feb-23 04:17 PM, #6
Reply Aerial Shot, Ishuli, 26-Feb-23 10:24 AM, #5
Reply Fend, Ishuli, 24-Feb-23 07:43 AM, #4
Reply Distance, Ishuli, 22-Feb-23 02:28 PM, #3
Reply Edgecost Adjustments, Ishuli, 07-Feb-23 02:25 PM, #2
Reply Champion of Man, Ishuli, 07-Feb-23 09:00 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Announcements Code Changes Topic #260 Previous topic | Next topic