Subject: "(Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of the Virtues" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90146
Show all folders

Ardryll (Guest)Mon 01-Feb-10 05:00 PM

#90146, "(Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of the Virtues"

Three characters back to back in Fortress can get tiring, and with Athtar aftering heroing i spent most of my time semi-afk watching movies just waiting for someone to log on to do something with, or an enemy that was actually bold enough to quarrel some.

I dont know why everyone was always so hesitant to fight, maybe the few heroes out there are just not willing to throw down because they are afraid of losing shinies. Its frustrating.

I really hated losing Ardryll, and I felt like there was so much more to accomplish with him, I wanted to be able to use that as my motivation for my next character, but i was unsure if i wanted to be another Paladin or not.

So along came Arun, Storm Giant double exp spawn who ended up doing alot of solo ranking which sucked because it killed my enjoyment of him quick. I wanted him to be a Arrna/Humbert hybrid with the Polearm to keep players into fights, and the swords to finish them off.

His experience left me feeling like i was walking in someone elses shoes, and the burden of having to gather for even the minimum kind of protections or detect invis made me realize why i dont make warriors outside of the village.

So along came Athtar, He was the new and improved educated form of Ardryll. I thought his beginning role was awesome, and had i chosen a lastname i am sure he would of gotten it after that Enlilth encounter(as everyone else did). But as you read the role, you will understand why this was an elf/human in dwarf body. He grew up completely alone, his origins were unknown to him, (perhaps even a spawn of the gods) and every night he would dream, he would learn, and from this he grew in experience, knowledge and wisdom. He didnt have kin, family, a father or mother, which was why he lacked the dwarven speech and accent.

(The main reason for this, I have spent so much time on dwarves my grammar, punctuation, spelling have gone out the window and i couldnt stand another 6 months of that, when it begins to affect your real life, got to pull back on the reigns)

While Arun was the First squire, Athtar was the first maran. I was as forthcomming about leadership as you possibly could be without verbalizing it blatantly. I think i got Maran the first fifty hours after an incident with a pledge, and how i deemed his actions unacceptable. (Which brought about an amazing amount of hostility from everyone else, to the extent i thought i might of crossed the boundries and ruined my character, but good did come from it).

Athtar wasnt nearly as deadly as Ardryll. (Well that isnt true, there just wasnt as many enemies to explot, and those damn villagers are learning to stay away from any locked rooms when i am around haha) Infact he only died twice to enemies, and then a handful of times to the outlander gangs, and he was nearly full looted everytime.)

Its completely obvious the Outlanders are the old Imperials, Their attitude, respect, approach to every situation is completely #### and i have no respect for any of them. In the first hero days i literally spent my time running away from five outlanders who were trying to corner me.

Meh, whatever, dirt under the rug, everytime i was full looted i came back better dressed then ever, and it was never because i looted myself, and infact i never minded being looted because it gave me a reason to get back into my character and actually give me something to do.

Anyways, to get back to the point of Athtar, i tried to approach thror the first time with the youthful obliviousness that comes from someone who thinks they understand, but is still learning. In otherwords, naive. i didnt want it to be a straight up replacement character, i wanted to be challenged, to be forced to experience things that would make me fall in place with the religion, and not come off as deserving. It is ashame that after i was quested with killing Zinsizin, and after killing him, i got employed and had difficulty to get on during nights to meet with Thror. Again, i think Thror is a standup character and i enjoy every interaction he brings to the mud.

Like i said, i was really gunning for leadership, and i somewhere like 110 maran hours thinking it would happen sooner then later, considering my involvement was waning, my enjoyment of the character from a lack of being able to do anything, and being semi-afk alot i am glad i didnt snag a position, because i dont think i would be able to make this a long-lived character.

Once you get the fullset, and your enemies consist of two-neutral rangers sitting out of the fortress waiting for you to stumble in, and you have explored most places already, and you have no allies because they have all deleted. There really isnt a whole lot for you to go on.

Goodbyes:
Alot of the quality fortress players deleted for the same reason as I am now, you are all stand up characters and for those who remain i hope you are able to enjoy your characters with reduction of douchy-ness on behalf of others.

Lord Thror - Again, always a stand up immortal, I think you are awesome and have alot of respect and admiration for what you bring to the game.
Adekar - You are really pulling your weight for the Fortress, and i appreciate everything you are doing, with Baer having two alternates and preggers, i really didnt see any other fortress imms my entire time there. Actually Over the last three Fortress players i have seen Padwei twice, and Baerinika once, and otherwise it is just you. So thankyou for everything and giving me so much opportunity.

Knacnar: A dwarf paladin's greatest weakness is time, if he cant finish it in ten minutes, hes ####ed, and so you would run around in circles writhing for fifteen minutes until i was forced to sacrifice defenses to seal the deal, and boom, 2-0 for knacnar.

Zinsizin: You, like Knacnar, just didnt have the common decency to lay over and die for me. Have to give credit to villagers, they are wising up to stay out of the cities. That super-powered lightning bolt which finished you off made quite happy haha.

Outlanders/Isceth: You are a complete douche, infact really your entire entourage that logs in with you and out with you can take your moniters and shove them up your ass. I have no respect for players for full-loot completely out of spite. Bal'talon, two sets of dern armor, and all the accessories to go with it and you guys hold onto them just so they cant be used. the Driz/isceth perma, awesome.

Really there was never any other enemies which made it incredibly boring. Incredibly boring.

However, i have accumlated a large enough list i might even brave making a mage now and see if i can get some wands, or become some other menace. Either way, i think i am done with goody players, im tired of being nice, time to become the plague.

I'll see you kids in the field,
Chow.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of the ... [View all] , Ardryll (Guest), Mon 01-Feb-10 05:00 PM
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., HammerSong, 05-Feb-10 11:52 PM, #38
Reply glad you fell the pain of Tatalus :), an observer (Guest), 02-Feb-10 07:55 AM, #28
Reply Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 02-Feb-10 02:15 PM, #30
     Reply RE: Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here, Ardryll (Guest), 02-Feb-10 03:07 PM, #31
          Reply I have checked my facts, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 02-Feb-10 05:44 PM, #32
          Reply RE: Yeah, I sensed a touch of double standards here, chushack (Guest), 02-Feb-10 06:47 PM, #33
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Alondarin (Guest), 02-Feb-10 06:13 AM, #26
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Meyvian (Guest), 01-Feb-10 11:37 PM, #21
Reply Oh your a bastard. Will miss ya, Aurilimilis (Guest), 02-Feb-10 05:04 AM, #24
Reply Well, what about me?, Beer, 01-Feb-10 07:31 PM, #6
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Drizirahc (Guest), 01-Feb-10 06:07 PM, #4
Reply And this, varied players and immortals, is why Outlande..., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 01-Feb-10 09:00 PM, #7
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Daevryn, 01-Feb-10 09:14 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 09:21 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Daevryn, 01-Feb-10 09:27 PM, #10
          Reply Is this the part where I have a meltdown?, Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 09:54 PM, #11
          Reply Who was the buddy?, Valkenar, 03-Feb-10 12:17 AM, #36
          Reply Cue massive, stadium rocking applause., Graatch (Guest), 01-Feb-10 09:58 PM, #12
          Reply Huh?, Amused (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:02 PM, #13
          Reply Commercial Break, Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:13 PM, #14
               Reply It went beyond that, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 02-Feb-10 03:56 AM, #23
          Reply Gauntlets are off, chief., Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:20 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Gauntlets are off, chief., Athtar (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:35 PM, #16
               Reply I don't think you realize..., Asyguest (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:39 PM, #17
                    Reply RE: I don't think you realize..., Athtar (Guest), 01-Feb-10 10:48 PM, #18
                         Reply Starwars trolling! GO GO GO! No, seriously..., Arrna (Guest), 02-Feb-10 06:04 AM, #25
          Reply Thanks! nt, w00t (Guest), 01-Feb-10 11:32 PM, #20
          Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Kraenesk (Guest), 02-Feb-10 09:21 AM, #29
     Reply You're like the Wolf from Pulp Fiction., TMNS_lazy (Guest), 01-Feb-10 11:18 PM, #19
     Reply Back off, bitch! Mine!! nt, Rayihn, 02-Feb-10 07:07 AM, #27
          Reply Daevryn is secretly dating me, you know. NT, Batman (Anonymous), 02-Feb-10 08:16 PM, #34
               Reply Dude! Why didn't you tell me you were straight! NT, TMNS_lazy (Guest), 02-Feb-10 08:29 PM, #35
                    Reply RE: Dude! Why didn't you tell me you were straight! N..., Rob_ (Guest), 03-Feb-10 01:43 AM, #37
     Reply Finally, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 02-Feb-10 03:26 AM, #22
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Adekar, 01-Feb-10 05:45 PM, #2
Reply RE: (Deleted)[FORTRESS] [MARAN] Athtar the Champion of ..., Athtar (Guest), 01-Feb-10 05:57 PM, #3
Reply I agree on the talk, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 01-Feb-10 06:35 PM, #5
Reply I would've fulled you too.., NMTehW (Guest), 01-Feb-10 05:19 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #90146 Previous topic | Next topic