Subject: "RE: You were my favorite Scion..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8543
Show all folders

Malgaris (Guest)Mon 12-Aug-02 05:30 PM

#8565, "RE: You were my favorite Scion..."

<i>For many reasons. At first I loathed you...you would practice all the time and never offer shields or anything when we were struggling against the village. Then when you got your mastery out of the way, I realized that you were awesome. When you were around, I didn't have that sense of despair that usually accompanies my play time. You knew what you were doing, and how to win, and I had a lot of respect for that.</i>

Well, invokers involve a lot of time as you know. I shouldn't have joined Scion until I was about 40 and had a full set of spells. I wrote my note at around 25 and just left it at that, then Urden speaks to me out of the blue about a week later and said that I was patient and that I should come to the Chasm. He inducts me, even though I didn't really want him to yet ( ) and I spend the next 100 hours or so trying to master spells in far off places while defending, it got quite annoying. People (not you) would say 'Shield me?' I'd feel like saying 'F-ING LET ME GET THEM FIRST!'. So if I was a bit dismissive at first, that is probably why.

<i>When I heard that I was annoying you, that time you left me to group with Kanawha, I was truly upset OOC because I looked up to you. Now who's left? Just Dahr and I, for the most part. Sigh.
</i>

I'd probably been MUDing for 30 hours straight and had every right to be annoyed at everyone because it took me about 10 hours to get the last few percent on nova. It was on 98% for (and I'm not shitting you, I ended up praying about it at the end) 6 hours without moving. You're a good guy Falax and glad you were on my side. Keep truckin' it.

<i>I wish you hadn't done this.
</i>

Sorry Falax, but it had to be done. I racked up 220+ hours in less than a week, which was intentional, because I knew deep down that if I could delete an invoker with seven shields and two masteries then there was no hope for me in the future. We made a good team though even though we didn't exploit it enough. You take the blows, I rip people up. I just couldn't do anything against ragers. Valarath was 6 ranks lower and he baned everything. Nourn was at one stage 9 ranks lower and I couldn't get many off on him either. I gave up trying to cast on hero ragers in the end. It's really hard to out hit a rager with an invoker since every spell came back at you for a *DEMO or *DEV.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 12-Aug-02 12:05 AM
Reply I guess I did miss a few farewells.., Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 06:00 PM, #19
Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 12:15 AM, #1
     Reply You were my favorite Scion..., Falax (Guest), 12-Aug-02 01:05 AM, #2
     Reply RE: You were my favorite Scion..., Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 05:30 PM #16
          Reply Uhm..there aren't 220 hours in less than a week. 24 x 7..., Vladamir, 12-Aug-02 07:49 PM, #20
     Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, doriah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 01:58 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, Ulthur, 12-Aug-02 06:42 AM, #6
          Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, doriah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 09:50 AM, #8
               Reply Nope, Ulthur, 12-Aug-02 10:25 AM, #9
               Reply RE: Nope, doriah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 11:32 AM, #11
                    Reply RE: Nope, Satrian (Guest), 12-Aug-02 11:38 AM, #12
                         Reply RE: Nope, doriah (Guest), 12-Aug-02 12:11 PM, #13
                              Reply RE: Nope, Satrian (Guest), 12-Aug-02 02:52 PM, #15
               Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, ORB, 12-Aug-02 10:36 AM, #10
               Reply Zharradam was Displacer. Mijzu was Yeti. I was there. n..., (NOT Graatch), 12-Aug-02 12:52 PM, #14
                    Reply RE: Zharradam was Displacer. Mijzu was Yeti. I was ther..., Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 05:36 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, warrior (Guest), 12-Aug-02 03:24 AM, #4
     Reply Zharr, as an invoker..., Abernyte, 12-Aug-02 04:18 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Zharr, as an invoker..., Malgaris (Guest), 12-Aug-02 05:33 PM, #17
          Reply RE: Zharr, as an invoker..., Abernyte, 13-Aug-02 02:54 AM, #22
          Reply RE: Zharr, as an invoker..., *ORB* (Guest), 13-Aug-02 05:27 AM, #23
     Reply RE: (DEL) Malgaris the Master of Pyrotechniques, Simyar, 12-Aug-02 07:48 AM, #7
     Reply Dam., Dahr (Guest), 12-Aug-02 09:24 PM, #21
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8543 Previous topic | Next topic