Subject: "RE: (DEL) Halning the Avenger of the Righteous" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8166
Show all folders

Halning (Guest)Thu 01-Aug-02 11:24 AM

#8167, "RE: (DEL) Halning the Avenger of the Righteous"

Was great fun. One of my favourite chars.
Got empowered pretty quick by Shokai, and then inducted into MARAN in the early 20's. My pk's were good, only died at 20 to a thief tripping my ass until I got to 42 when Dullameh and Eleke got me my second death. At hero, I died quite a bit, and had very few successful pks. I was 98% of the time on my own and thus had a very very hard time nailing a kill with no lagging skills (well, shield bash...but it doesn't work all that well). I got two virtues, temperance I got fairly early on in my life, which was a great great virtue, I loved it. Towards the end, I was pretty much the only goodie on in my range half the time, and I think I saw another maran maybe for 5 minutes every week or something. And while I was retrieving from the chasm and subsiquently getting my ass kicked, I got my second virtue, which was retribution. I liked Temperance better, but Retribution seemed like a really powerful offensive group to go along with my defensive ones, which was nice. It did give me an edge, and helped me get a kill (which I hadn't done in a long time) which can be seen somewhere on the log board of Faquai being angry about all his practice for naught. Thanks for the great virtues and chance to be in Maran, Shok! I think I full looted only three times with Halning. Once, when Eleke and Dullameh first killed me, and I got back to my corpse which was empty. But I took Eleke down so close to death, that when he caught my scourge right before I died, he died on the next tick, so I grabbed all his things. Another time was when I looted a female fire giant axe spec rager while she was killing storm giants, because all I had was my maran weapon and a camelot shield. Well, I dropped things I couldn't use, like her axes etc. And the last time was Faquai, but then I went back to the chasm and dropped his pwent etc things for him. Unfortunatly for him, some conjie came in right as he came up, and he got in another fight. Don't know if he died or not. Oh well!

There are way to many people to mention really...Mostly I'd like to thank the marans I grew up with, especially Lorimar who I grouped with more than anyone. And that felar assassin in Herald whos name escapes me, but I always grouped with as well. The one with the doll all the time. I had lots of friends, but when I hero'd, I didn't group that much, and so I didn't get close with too many people. I was mostly raiding, retrieving, helping younger people, or talking to some evils about redemption. I didn't really click with the "new age" goodies, like Gorach and Wasarbre and their crew. They seem decently played, but didn't mesh with Halning's style.

I guess my biggest enemy was Dullameh. You were instrumental in the vast majority of my deaths. You started off full looting all of my pretty things, but I think you just started to feel sorry for me, and began leaving some stuff after a while. =0P Thanks for that. I wish I talked to you more, as you probably are very interesting, but I guess that wont happen. Keep up the good work. The other scions, Dranolian, Krivohan, Eleke. You all fought very well, and good work. I'd like to point out Eleke especially, who had no chance at ever killing me alone simply because of the skills and sups I had, but he always came fighting, and would heal up and go at it again. Good show. Thats why while you aren't as "good" as dwoggurd, I give you much more respect. Because Dwoggurd NEVER fought me alone, while you came at me time and time again alone. Even when there were like 6 of you on eastern, Eleke came in and fought with me alone first, and then he fled and came back when the six came back and beat me down. But I thought that was really cool that he would try me alone when he knew it would be hard even though there was pretty much a sure kill for him with the rest of his crew shortly behind.

I know there are tons of people I havn't mentioned, but pretty much everyone I interacted with made this char great and helped me have tons of fun. Thanks for all of it, everyone.

-TSM

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Halning the Avenger of the Righteous [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 31-Jul-02 10:55 PM
Reply RE: (DEL) Halning the Avenger of the Righteous, Halning (Guest), 01-Aug-02 11:24 AM #1
     Reply Rest well., Wasarbre (Guest), 01-Aug-02 01:11 PM, #2
     Reply Ouch yeah..., Halning (Guest), 01-Aug-02 01:19 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DEL) Halning the Avenger of the Righteous, Sreafth (Guest), 01-Aug-02 02:36 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (DEL) Halning the Avenger of the Righteous, Esoehi (Guest), 01-Aug-02 07:05 PM, #5
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8166 Previous topic | Next topic