Subject: "Ugh, memories, memories...." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8138
Show all folders

VladamirWed 31-Jul-02 10:29 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#8151, "Ugh, memories, memories...."

Well let me start off by saying, I think my PK ratio was off. Of all the people I killed, I only died twice to others. Once to a linkdeath death, and once to a 5 on 1 gangbang by Scions/Assorted evil people. Maybe the people who died from my blooding them doesn't count. This character wasn't about PK at all, but I certainly did see my share of fighting. All in all I only ever lost 1 con total, counting PK's and mob deaths.

Where to really begin? I started this character because I deleted all of my other ones, expecting not to have any time on my hands. But with no job, and no real need for one, and my soon to be wife up in New york with our daughter, tending to some legal issues, I found I had way WAY too much free time, and so I wandered back to CF after a few weeks. I rolled Inth up basically because I had seen Zef hanging around a lot, and I had recently played a male drow bodyguard type, and felt I had a lot further I could have gone with him. Just something to do, and I hadn't really planned on spending a lot of time with him. Then roleplay events started happening, and next thing you know, I'm spending all my (not inconsiderable) free time playing him. And I'm glad I did, roleplay wise this was one of my most rewarding experiences. So why did I delete then? Zefarah "headed home" to the underdark. It was in my role that as her devoted servant, where she went, I would follow. For me to stay would have been a serious breech of my role, and so here we are. No regrets however, (except for my spending so damn much time roleplaying and not heroing) and I had a lot more fun with this character than I have had in a VERY long time.

Goodbyes...
Friends.
Mhuybirra. You were my closest companion, and best friend. We ranked together, killed together, trained together and roleplayed together. Jesus I'm gonna miss you.

Phoden. Heh, what can I say? You are a big fearsome squishy sea thing, and a hell of a guy. I enjoyed roleplaying and killing things with you.

Jezebelle. I didn't get to spend as much time with you as I would have liked, but damn I enjoyed what little time we did have together. I was dying laughing that night in the inn, with you and that elf chickie you were with. You were SO frustrated with me not understanding your meaning.

Villis. You really made me angry, and one of my regrets was never having been able to find you outside of your guild, and alone after the way you betrayed me. You get 20 or so odd ranks with someone, save his life, bleed with him, and then to have him turn on you like you did to me was really a crappy thing to do. Maybe it's in your role as a Scion, but you always struck me as kind of a n00b, so I'm not sure. Either way, you were fortunate to never run into me again after that.

Jevanah. Ahh my dear, such good times we had. I'll miss you too, very well played.

Enemies.
Talons. I hate you all. I never saw anything from any of you except repeated ganging on Zefarah, a healer standing around in a shrine minding her own business, not bothering anyone, and your attacks on my groupmates. Except for Gorach, who I've seen kill roomfulls of good mobs with her songs trying to kill an evil person, and never show any remorse. That irked me.

Scions in general. I was pretty irritated after the little gangbang on the Battlements. 5 on 1 on an uncaballed drow warrior is just sad. The fact that it took you so many tries was even sadder. Add to that the fact that the motivation for it was wholly OOC, and well...you suck. Other than that one day I never had any problems with the Scions again, but I also didn't travel with anyone who was a known Scion after that either.

Nourn. You irk me. You know why. I'm not going to get into it.

Immortals.
Mayesha. You were a good bit of what made Inth so much fun to play. I will never EVER forget that dice game. I have so many logs of everything that happened, but *slaps snarf* not nearly as many as I would if I could have gotten my autologger working. *slaps snarf again for good measure* You are simply one of the best immortals I have ever seen. The effort you put into things for this mud is greatly appreciated and I'm going to miss immteracting with you.

And finally Zefarah. Jesus where do I even begin? From the first conversation to the last kiss, you played flawlessly. I found myself keeping strange hours, just because I had a feel for your playing times, and it felt...I don't know, incomplete to play without you around. You played, hands down, the best drow mistress I could ever EVER have imagined. I was really torn when you asked me if I would be following you home. Part of me wanted very much to stay. Inth was an amazing character both roleplay wise and combat wise, (On a side note, for those of you who say perfecting things doesn't affect much, you are so SO wrong. This was the first time I had ever done it, and jesus, what a difference) and I hated to delete. But then, without Zefarah there would be no Mistress, and no Mistress would nuke 90% of Inths roleplay. It was go with you, or stay and break my role. I have no regrets about it however, deleting with you and "going home" feels right. Playing this character without you, would not have. You once told me, I was perfect and seemed to have been made just for you. Well, it was true. *shrug* I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I'm going to miss my time with you most of all. CF has changed so much over the years. From the days of loose RP enforcement and lots of killing, to VERY strict RP enforcement and less killing, to what it is today. Finding someone to roleplay with of your quality really made me feel good. So one final time, allow me to say, bel'la dos Jabbress Zefarah.

I don't know if I'll be making anything else anytime soon. It's only a little more than a month until the wedding and the wife to be is coming home soon from this most recent foray to New York. I know I'll be back eventually, I just don't know when.

Anyone I missed, I'm sorry but there were just so many of you. I hope everyone is doing well, OOC and enjoying their characters IC. Take care of yourselves.

Doug. AKA a shitload of other names.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DEL) Inthulstrea the Master of Steel [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 31-Jul-02 09:47 AM
Reply RE: (DEL) Inthulstrea the Master of Steel, Mhuybirra (Guest), 05-Aug-02 12:47 PM, #22
Reply RE: (DEL) Inthulstrea the Master of Steel, Vladamir, 05-Aug-02 12:55 PM, #23
Reply I almost forgot Djenn!, Vladamir, 03-Aug-02 01:05 AM, #21
Reply RE: (DEL) Inthulstrea the Master of Steel, Mayesha, 31-Jul-02 06:06 PM, #14
Reply You being a little kitty..., Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 06:23 PM, #15
Reply RE: You being a little kitty..., Mayesha, 31-Jul-02 07:28 PM, #16
     Reply Ugh, the log is too big, Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 09:55 PM, #17
          Reply I doubt...., Mayesha, 31-Jul-02 11:19 PM, #18
Reply Yeah, well we'll see you on the dark side of the spoon...., Boldereth, 02-Aug-02 12:20 PM, #20
Reply For Jeillon below, Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 10:40 AM, #2
Reply RE: For Jeillon below, Jiellon (Guest), 31-Jul-02 03:30 PM, #13
     Reply RE: For Jeillon below, Vladamir, 01-Aug-02 11:17 PM, #19
Reply Ugh, memories, memories...., Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 10:29 AM #1
     Reply RE: Ugh, memories, memories...., Jeze (Guest), 31-Jul-02 11:04 AM, #3
     Reply Well .., Gorach, 31-Jul-02 11:11 AM, #4
     Reply Should be at zefarah's post, Gorach. (Guest), 31-Jul-02 11:12 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Well .., Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 11:21 AM, #6
          Reply Hmm., Gorach, 31-Jul-02 11:56 AM, #9
               Reply RE: Hmm., Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 12:22 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Ugh, memories, memories...., Nourn (Guest), 31-Jul-02 11:31 AM, #7
     Reply Actually I knew axes fine. I lost my link towards the e..., Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 11:39 AM, #8
     Reply I must be loosing it..., Wasarbre (Guest), 31-Jul-02 12:30 PM, #11
          Reply RE: I must be loosing it..., Vladamir, 31-Jul-02 03:10 PM, #12
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8138 Previous topic | Next topic