Subject: "RE: Aranien deleted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81037
Show all folders

Humbert (Guest)Wed 10-Jun-09 02:40 AM

#81116, "RE: Aranien deleted"

Some tips for you...

Alright, HumanSunder at lowbie ranks with elf paladin wrath is good, but not good enough for 900 exp penalty. Zaknifal is an exception, his PK skills I consider better than mine. Note: The people who know how to kill the kuo-toan king and get HumanSunder really don't like to give it away to someone in good faith and have them lose it before racking up even 5 pks. You should be capable of racking up 30 pks before anyone should give you HumanSunder. Because that fight is NOT easy...

I do suggest trying out a human two-hander Paladin if you really like the crusader-type. I am pretty sure with good tactics and good gear (Fordurn is noremove, once you have it don't ever lose it) you can completely wipe the midranges to a degree comparable to a Zaknifal or Humbert or Jeqo etc. I don't even need to go into how sick you'd get if you get basic hero higher-end regear like dual prayer beads, helm of brilliance, etc. Perhaps closest comparison might be Gruffil (dwarf paladin 2 hander). Dern + Fordurn = beast.

Quick guide: Human for no racial exp penalty, two hander or shield both work fine, shield is just more boring with wrath spam and call lightning.

How to get incredibly beastly: Get lucky and get a strong combat virtue early (temperance/fortitude/retribution). Chances are you can start spam killing from rank 22 onwards (wrath), and it only gets more overpowered from 27 (sanc) and 30 (completed strike of faith). Get gear, keep gear. Join Fortress early and get Maran early (if you have 60 pks by rank 30 I think you're going to Maran. Humbert Maraned at 30+ pks at 30). You don't even need much in the way of prepping. Fly pre-Maran, enlarge, reduce. Only other lowbie power-combos can take you down easily (sleep, bash) since you can escape most fights that you can't take. Avoid the necro 9 ranks above you, avoid wanded/geared APs, and then make them pay once you get Eyes of Flame. I would play this, but I think Humbert was already demoralising enough to lowbie evils one year ago

Other crusader-style lowbie Maran power combos: Human/Dwarf shaman. Human conjurer chaotic good at level 27 (yes, don't rank from 27 onwards willingly) with angel (if you consider that a crusader type..)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicAranien deleted [View all] , Adelin, Sun 07-Jun-09 09:38 PM
Reply Go #### yourself dude, Grodin (Guest), 10-Jun-09 07:17 PM, #10
Reply You're such a chump for this., KennyPowers (Guest), 10-Jun-09 08:04 PM, #11
Reply I guess time will tell, Grodin (Guest), 10-Jun-09 08:31 PM, #12
Reply Hey GRODIN Go #### yourself dude, Aranien (Guest), 10-Jun-09 11:35 PM, #13
     Reply Were you also boneshattered?, Dwoggurd, 10-Jun-09 11:42 PM, #14
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Frismund (Guest), 10-Jun-09 03:18 PM, #9
Reply I enjoyed our induction chat. :D, Arrna (Guest), 10-Jun-09 09:48 AM, #8
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Humbert (Guest), 10-Jun-09 02:40 AM #7
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Kalderseg (Guest), 08-Jun-09 12:28 PM, #5
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Adelin1 (Guest), 08-Jun-09 02:30 PM, #6
Reply Co-sign., Observationer (Guest), 08-Jun-09 10:38 AM, #4
Reply Looks like you've been busy :P, Nian, 08-Jun-09 10:31 AM, #3
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, _Magus_Guest_ (Guest), 08-Jun-09 09:20 AM, #2
Reply RE: Aranien deleted, Isildur, 08-Jun-09 08:36 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #81037 Previous topic | Next topic