Subject: "A pretty long road, with lots of bumps, and lots of fun." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65636
Show all folders

MinyarThu 24-Jan-08 08:20 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#65644, "A pretty long road, with lots of bumps, and lots of fun."

Well, where to start. Hopefully people will read my role and come up with some neat ideas of their own. I've never been a great role writer, but then I got this idea. I had been thinking of a movie I like and wanted to watch one day. The movie is "Enemy at the Gates" and its about a russian sniper in World War II. Anyway, for those who haven't seen it I'll give a brief synopsis. The movie centers around a russian man, I'm going to butcher this, but Vasili Zeitsev or something. I know thats not the spelling, but i'm not sure how to. Anyway, he becomes a sniper in the russian army and is in Stalingrad defending the town from the Germans. Basically he meets a man who writes for the russian "paper" and they herald and lift him up as a hero, and write stories about him. Now, that was a part of the role, the second part being a profile like what people think the CIA keeps on its people. I of course have no idea what those look like, nor am I a conspiracy theorist. It was just an idea for a model of a role. Anyway, a bunch of role entries later and I'm winning a role contest, first ever for me. Well, they will be in the pbf, so enough about them.

I seem to be good at playing Imperials. My last real char of substance was Draktel, and I was hoping to bring more of that. Maybe its because I'm a conservative republican that I play an evil imperialistic, somewhat descent guy. Thats for you Valg. Anyway, I saw a need for help in the Empire. There were large holes even from the time I joined up, with only seeing strength in the presence of Eoria. I should also add that I took the 'WOT' approach to the Empress, May She Live Forever. I also saw opportunity as Eoria was old, and wearing strange bracers for a long time, I figured she would die out. Well, she has played less and less, and she isn't there. Oh well, I also had a hurdle in Rhayla as well. I'll get on to goodbyes now.

If I miss anyone, as I'm sure I will, please write and I'll get back to you.

Imms:
Dark Voice - You made this character a blast for me. That first interaction while going after Kelteon was awesome. I appreciate all you did and how much you looked for me. You were a great boon to the character. Thank you for the ring and other things.

Zulgh - Well, I'm not really sure what to put here. I think you are one of the greatest gifts to CF and I appreciate all you do. i was really bummed however to not hear one single peep from you. I have a feeling you made me Shadow Lord, but eve nthat was "an Immortal." What did I do, or not do that turned off the char? I did finally write you a note, but I came to that gate a lot. It was disheartening that you empowered that one guy, but never spoke to me. Oh well, I would like to know in case I try another follower of yours.

Empire:
Eoria - What can I say, you and I were a good team. We could do nearly anything and we had some great fights. You kept telling me I was your best Imperial, but I wasn't seeing anything for it. It started to really tick me off ooc that after getting you two of the absolute best items in the game, it took forever to reach Shadow Lord. The icing though was when I found out I had double the donations of Rhayla. I know playing a leader can be tough, but unless you are super busy IRL, please delete or play more. I realize your times might not mesh mine, but i get the sense you aren't around much. Other than those complaints, I want to say you play a great character and bring a lot to others in the game.

Rhayla - Well, we hardly ever interacted, but you were in my way. I never disobeyed your orders, I just didn't bother with them. If you had been around, I might not have done such.

Chirikaw - You and I were bread and butter for Shadow. We lead the sect, regardless of the Shadow Lord. I appreciated your friendship. I didn't worry much about you stabbing me in the back.

Kostyan - Good luck with blades, I thought it was funny when you wouldn't let Liriana sing for me. Sorry, I have a hard time letting another sect leader try and boss me around. You aren't my leader, thats my view on Empire, though I will show you some respect in case you get higher. I think there are some blades though that should be challenging your position.

Liriana - I liked you a lot, and you were always up to mischief with me if we could. Thanks for all the songs and fun.

Bruth and others - Keep truckin

Ophanelu - You are the future of shadow, and I thank you for marrying the character. That was a fun experience, and I hope I could rub off some of my RP and role onto you. I hope that perhaps after reading it in the PBF's it gives you more inspiration to take yours to greater heights. Not that mine is awesome, but who knows, it might give yo ua cool angle. Maybe you could publish my book? Anyway, I hope yo ugot the ring. Good luck

Thercic - I really am jealous. If I could have been his first, I would have been in a heartbeat.

Enemies:
Iltch: I start with you because you are the most annoying. I'm sure you are fine with other people, but man you lack courage. I'm sure its a survival/role thing, but it just rubbed me the wrong way. I tried to be cool with everyone I killed, but you made me want to take everything. Those times you let others take stuff after ganging me down just pissed me off to no end. Oh well, you must be doing something right, but man I think its screwed up. Darkness swaying and using Igbah to try and bash me after you blackjacked and tied me. Oh well...good luck, but i'm rooting for the gangs to kill you.

Ravon: Died to you once, I said that was enough. Two rounded through trance isn't my idea of a good time.

Llorenz: Man you sure were a beast. I was so mad when you came and killed me in the island, then did it again when I unghosted right then. Argh, how frustrating. Good job though, you really were well played. I was very close to agreeing to that deal for Iltch's head.

Chrichuk or whatever: You were one of the few blemishes I give to myself for Zridv. When I killed you and you were obviously ld, I was just so frustrated with you scions that I went ahead and did it. I apologize now, not that it means much.

Yevandr: You were one of those people I assassinated a few times, but man you were a beast. I laughed really hard when you got mad at me though for killing you in Imperial after you attacked our Vanquisher, then told me you wouldn't do that to me if I fought the giant to get someone. A week later three of you gang me down at the giant, even though I'm fighting the minotaur, and not the giant.

Battle guys in general: I fought a lot of you and I like most of you, feel free to write and i'll respond. One of my favorite assassintions was getting the three of you on Calandaryl.

Werzidian, Throkk and Folsa - You three were tough for me and you gave me pletny of beatings, and I think I dished out a few good ones. Throkk, you were the only one I didn't get.

Dejek - I'm sure you are cool and all, but your RP with me I didn't like. Trying to make it sound like we fought evenly all the time, which we didn't. I don't put much stock in shifters beating me as well, the only one I could truly beat up on was the orangutan, becaue it had arms. I think shifters need to be a bit more susceptible to assassin skills. Why would caltraps not hurt an animal with four feet more than a person with two? Those kinds of things.

There are many many others, and I'd be glad to respond to anyone.

My thoughts on Assassins are that they are a great standalone class and I will play them more often.

Thanks for all of your RP with me guys!

Aaron aka Minyar, Draktel, and now Zridv

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zridv Zerislov the Victorious Stalke... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 24-Jan-08 04:48 PM
Reply A pretty long road, with lots of bumps, and lots of fun..., Minyar, 24-Jan-08 08:20 PM #5
Reply Fortress, Minyar, 24-Jan-08 08:30 PM, #7
Reply You were the best foe:, Pmurtar (Guest), 24-Jan-08 08:50 PM, #8
Reply You were a tough target and a good foe., Minyar, 24-Jan-08 08:59 PM, #9
     Reply Sadly:, Pmurtar (Guest), 25-Jan-08 09:13 AM, #22
Reply Top Fargin Notch!, Ysaloerye, 24-Jan-08 11:51 PM, #14
Reply PeskY!, Zridv (Guest), 25-Jan-08 10:22 AM, #25
     Reply STSF, Ysaloerye, 25-Jan-08 12:09 PM, #28
Reply So long!, Darascus (Guest), 25-Jan-08 02:39 AM, #17
Reply RE: Fortress, Nolyek (Guest), 25-Jan-08 02:55 AM, #18
Reply You had striking right?, Zridv (Guest), 25-Jan-08 10:30 AM, #26
     Reply HELL NO!, Nolyek (Guest), 25-Jan-08 09:14 PM, #31
Reply RE: Fortress, Dey (Guest), 25-Jan-08 09:22 PM, #32
     Reply I remeber you and Klydenstrom both had that virtue., Zridv (Guest), 29-Jan-08 11:07 AM, #45
Reply RE: A pretty long road, with lots of bumps, and lots of..., Rhayla (Guest), 24-Jan-08 09:05 PM, #10
Reply Thanks, Minyar, 24-Jan-08 09:07 PM, #12
Reply Well.., Iltch (Guest), 24-Jan-08 09:05 PM, #11
Reply Yep, I did say something about saccing you., Minyar, 24-Jan-08 09:12 PM, #13
     Reply You are'nt the only one he rubbed the wrong way. n/t, Another enemy (Guest), 25-Jan-08 12:55 PM, #29
     Reply If it is a time when we ganged, Eoria (Guest), 27-Jan-08 10:18 AM, #33
Reply :), Bajula, 25-Jan-08 01:40 AM, #16
Reply Woah woah, Dejek (Guest), 25-Jan-08 03:38 AM, #19
Reply That title was all about my role., Zridv (Guest), 25-Jan-08 09:40 AM, #24
Reply A good foe. Tough, smart and full of guts., Throkk (Guest), 25-Jan-08 05:13 AM, #20
Reply Well, hell..., Ophanelu (Guest), 25-Jan-08 08:40 AM, #21
Reply My hope for you, Zridv (Guest), 25-Jan-08 09:35 AM, #23
Reply bah how am i outliving everyone, yevandr (Guest), 25-Jan-08 10:35 AM, #27
Reply RE: A pretty long road, with lots of bumps, and lots of..., Zulghinlour, 25-Jan-08 04:29 PM, #30
Reply Well, Eoria (Guest), 27-Jan-08 10:51 AM, #34
Reply I put a caveat in there about times., Zridv (Guest), 27-Jan-08 02:09 PM, #35
Reply No sweat, Chrichuk (Guest), 28-Jan-08 05:18 AM, #36
Reply Yea, I felt really bad about that Chirikaw, KrilcovGularys (Guest), 29-Jan-08 10:40 AM, #44
     Reply Heheh Dear Chrichuk:, Bajula, 29-Jan-08 11:06 PM, #46
Reply RE: A pretty long road, with lots of bumps, and lots of..., Fjarn (Guest), 28-Jan-08 10:53 AM, #37
Reply Yeah, Zridv (Guest), 28-Jan-08 01:21 PM, #38
Reply RE: A pretty long road, with lots of bumps, and lots of..., Llorenz, 28-Jan-08 01:27 PM, #39
Reply was fun few times we fought..., Namanrin (Guest), 28-Jan-08 06:08 PM, #40
Reply Yep, surprised doesn't begin to describe it, Zridv (Guest), 29-Jan-08 10:08 AM, #42
Reply My old advesary..., Krengrar (Guest), 29-Jan-08 08:55 AM, #41
     Reply Thanks, Zridv (Guest), 29-Jan-08 10:10 AM, #43
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zridv Zerislov the Victorious St..., A dark voice (Guest), 24-Jan-08 05:58 PM, #2
Reply Woohoo!, Lauriel (Guest), 24-Jan-08 06:05 PM, #3
     Reply My bard friend., Minyar, 24-Jan-08 08:22 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Zridv Zerislov the Victorious St..., Aubrei (Guest), 24-Jan-08 05:55 PM, #1
     Reply Yes, and I have a log of it, just waiting for the playe..., Zridv (Guest), 24-Jan-08 07:32 PM, #4
          Reply RE: Yes, and I have a log of it, just waiting for the p..., Aubrei (Guest), 25-Jan-08 12:43 AM, #15
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #65636 Previous topic | Next topic