Subject: "[NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Marplots." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64874
Show all folders

Todger-man (Guest)Sat 05-Jan-08 09:49 AM

#64874, "[NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Marplots."

Well, I couldn't wait for the death thread to pop up so I'm gonna throw up some Good Byes with utmost impatience.

Yrillbink was rolled when I was playing Frajalar as a throw away character (but me and throw away chars are just not on the same page). It was only a matter of time before I became really interested in a concept/a role/a speech pattern/a madness and whence I rolled with the punches, I rolled and rolled and rolled. I must admit to being rude/impolite/brash/irresponsible towards my groupmates and enemies and thereof I apologise, all if good fun, Oi?

I rolled him to be the Epitome of Chaos. A Lyristeon follow. A NEXUN??? Lyristeon??? CHAOS??? Yes, you might not get it, but I'm sure Lyristeon didn't either. My only regret and complaint against Lyristeon is that he did not give me half a chance to even speak out my 'ism/philosophy' and I, in that, thought him to be a bad IMM to follow. The Idea was simple, I was an Absurdist. An existential bard who lived a paradox.

Paradox = A Bard who didn't believe in the weight of the spoken word.

Which is also why I did not write a lot and when I did, I did not bother to write anything more than pretensive crap.

Without digressing, I (Bink) saw nexus as the home to Marplots.

*** mar·plot (märplt) noun: An officious meddler whose interference compromises the success of an undertaking

Which again ironically made us all Chaos mongers and disrupters of domination. Based on Marpot from The Busy Body, a play by Susannah Centlivre I picked up an idea and tried my level best to rp it out. At times it made me annoying, at times endearing, at times throttle-worthy and at times glad. Thus in itself keeping me free-spirited with the sole hamartia of being a slave to the balance (being a wood-elf who draws the importance of balance from his inclination to Nature which is in someway a distant cousin of balance).

Conch Rats had never a real story, just a fabled hope of someday getting an imm instrument 'Horn made from the shell of a conch rat' and something to signal various emotions.

Bink was also structured around my idea + Daevyrn's description of a Nexus who commands enough fear for people he kills to not want to come running after him. I never even let Ravon dictate to me or bully me, knowing he is not one to piss off unless the balance was dominated by dark, but I didn't bother to stay in the good books of people. There were two approaches to being a Nexus + leader + good. One would be to be a diplomat and somewhat like Zesam, stay in the good books of people and attack them when balance demands and make good when all is balance. Or you could just be the tyrant that I tried to potray who did as he pleased to please the balance, not fearin' the consequences - ready to die/ready to kill/ ready to defend. I've probably faltered in my roleplay from time to time so do bear that in mind. (I'm only human after all ). I tried to be unpredictable, unfriendly, unfathomable and hard to get, keeping my distance from everyone but those of the cabal. It was a big leap in the learning curve being independant and rarely having people to group/gank. I loved runnin' around and fightin' alone and I was pegging for highest rager kills by a Nexus and I'm sure as far as highest solo killin' of rager comes I might have made it to the top five if not all the way. Bards are great and everyone keeps sayin they ought to be toned down but I think they'r flawed and fine and could use some tonin' up in some aspects. :{

Three or Four terms as Rhyme was very flattered and if given a choice I will play the Nexus again. Though not in the immediate future.

500 hundred hours down the line I'm finding it difficult to write good byes to individuals and I will in later posts try do justice to it, but overall I want to thank everyone for the fun this game provides. I did fight five man imperial ganks, four man village ganks and five man outlander bash bash bash ganks and my only regret was being stripped naked so often (most of it by lowbies).

Santa Zulg should consider a demarcation for looting from corpses. Maybe level 25 and below cannot loot from hero range corpses or something along the same lines. I realise i've give too little criticism to the mud or inputs on forums to really bitch/crib about the way it is, so I shall abstain (and thus inturn begin giving my two cents now forth ).

Thanks y'all.

More coming up.

Gorrnar, Ajourigi, Dwiyang, Trurkrag, Jargurakht, Yrillbink.

P.S - Have you seen my Todger?

P.S.S. - It was so great to be titled Todgerless by some Imm specially since I coined the term in my last hero and got titled by it in the next. Awesome stuff.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic[NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Marplo... [View all] , Todger-man (Guest), Sat 05-Jan-08 09:49 AM
Reply Hehe, Patick, 12-Jan-08 04:35 PM, #25
Reply I didn't hate you..., Twist, 07-Jan-08 09:21 AM, #14
Reply This is more or less where I'm at., Daevryn, 07-Jan-08 11:29 AM, #15
     Reply Nexus seems like te new Entropy., Pro (Guest), 07-Jan-08 04:42 PM, #18
          Reply Yeah, totally chaos!, BerakBatu (Guest), 07-Jan-08 05:30 PM, #19
          Reply Which are your long-lived Nexus characters?, Daevryn, 07-Jan-08 06:50 PM, #20
          Reply Whois Bashing?, Pro (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:14 PM, #22
               Reply He said basing, not bashing. NT, Lyristeon, 07-Jan-08 09:06 PM, #23
                    Reply Oh..., Pro (Guest), 07-Jan-08 10:29 PM, #24
                         Reply Do you ever give an example to back up your points?, lurker, 13-Jan-08 12:31 PM, #26
                              Reply Sure... Observe How they act., Pro (Guest), 13-Jan-08 08:59 PM, #27
          Reply As of late, I'd agree with this statement., _Magus_Guest_ (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:06 PM, #21
Reply Loved and hated Yrillbink!, BerakBatu (Guest), 06-Jan-08 07:23 PM, #9
Reply RE: Loved and hated Yrillbink!, Todger-man (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:46 AM, #10
     Reply Well, quite new yes., BerakBatu (Guest), 07-Jan-08 11:34 AM, #16
Reply RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..., Lyristeon, 06-Jan-08 07:41 AM, #4
Reply You need to explain sexual harrassment for everyone, CraftedD (Guest), 06-Jan-08 02:58 PM, #5
Reply RE: You need to explain sexual harrassment for everyone, Lyristeon, 06-Jan-08 04:44 PM, #6
     Reply No, you need to write a helpfile., CraftedD (Guest), 06-Jan-08 05:02 PM, #7
          Reply Nvm. I found it. nt, CraftedD (Guest), 06-Jan-08 05:05 PM, #8
Reply RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..., Todger-man (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:50 AM, #11
     Reply Don't take this the wrong way., Lyristeon, 07-Jan-08 04:15 PM, #17
Reply Well, well, well., Throkk (Guest), 06-Jan-08 07:15 AM, #3
Reply RE: Well, well, well., Todger-man (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:54 AM, #13
Reply Gah, Kiraan (Guest), 06-Jan-08 05:56 AM, #2
Reply RE: Gah, Todger-man (Guest), 07-Jan-08 08:53 AM, #12
Reply RE: [NEXUS] Yrillbink BarkSong, the Half-Mistress of Ma..., Maxwell (Guest), 05-Jan-08 02:22 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64874 Previous topic | Next topic