Subject: "Well, my "I'm gone for awhile" character is gone. *addict*" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21405
Show all folders

MinyarWed 24-Sep-03 09:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#21422, "Well, my "I'm gone for awhile" character is gone. *addict*"

Well, what can I say, I'm addicted to CF, though I've done a good job of not showing up for the past week trying to decide if I wanted to continue the chirade with Verisla. As you can see, the journey has come to an abrupt end after 153 hours. I have a few thoughts and a few goodbyes to tack on at the end. My goodbyes will be limited to friends, as there were so few, and I will let my enemies say something if they truly wish to. I had a lot of fun fighting many of you, not so much fun fighting other certain ones. Most couldn't kill me alone unless I was stupid.

Thoughts: Well, Verisla was my second attempt at a new-gen Thief after Alarin ended. I obtained all the skills I really wanted, and I think it really did pay off for me. I won't give that part away though, sorry to those aspiring to be thieves and wondering how far they can go in multiple skill sets.

I think I played the empire thief very well, I had many alliances that were to my benefit and to the benefit of others. I broke a few alliances that I didn't see as beneficial as well. I was playing all ends against the middle to become Shadow Lord and lets just say, I it all set up, except my ties with Yanacek, only because I never saw him. I'll speak more to this later.

As to why I deleted. I became extremely "bored" with this character. I felt like i had nowhere to go other than hero, and that his existence was just stupid. My typical log-in was something like this toward the end. Vanquisher says Hello, I do a who empire and I'm the only one in hero range, perhaps another would be about, but most likely not. My range is full of maran, sylvans, and ragers, and I perhaps one tribunal who I have at least some small relationship with. I'd see a few of my younger shadow's log in, but aside from Yanacek, I was the eldest of all of us. I would see Isengrim once in awhile, but that was the extent of leadership I'd see at my times, which are pretty much the busiest times in America I'd think. (4-6pm, and 11pm - 2am) I would get on and see if I could find anyone to steal from, but they would all be hiding somewhere, or in groups of many. I would then go steal from the shopkeepers to get a little coin. (go 100% deft touch) I'd then perhaps gather some preps with the money I just got. If we had the codex, typically some overpowered Paladin would come raid and I could typically put a single person out on their backside, but then the true onslaught would come. I'd perhaps steal the codex, but that just depended on certain things.

Ah well, this gets too long. THe main reason I deleted was boredom, and I felt like even though I'd go against major odds with little aide, that I wasn't even being noticed. I only spoke with the shadow Imm once, and that was when he promoted me for Yanacek. I spoke to Khas once when he told my about something with an oath, and I did what he said, and the oath is doing well now. I just felt like no matter how hard I tried, nothing was going to happen ever, my one try at roleplaying for something extra was denied, and I said screw it, the game is seriously unbalanced right now, and I don't care enough about this char to keep going. War Craft III was looking much more fun, so I'm taking a break and playing some games I've bought but hardly played because of CF. I'm sure I'll be back, as I hope to have a good connection within two months.

It all comes down to this though, "I should have never deleted Haaslett."

Goodbyes:
Arkozian: You are a great healer, keep it up.

Wuntarro, Drozhurrb: We could have made a great team, but things always seemed to get screwed up, and just having played a Shaman, I felt like you two didn't know what to do. I was very pissed that time i jacked the guy and whoever I was with didn't dispel them. I think it was Wuntarro, but it could have been Zhenzar.

Zhenzar or whatever: Didn't see you enough to care much

Amadalie: Had some great times, I know we had a mutual trust and building experience.

Khalizad: Loved you, wanted you as Emperor because i knew you would get things done and be around. However, you plotted with the wrong healer.

Izuvererus: You set yourself up so well to be the guy who got stabbed in the back. Putting my information to work against you got me the Shadow Lord spot...thanks. (No offense though, just a char that was being a true Imperial)

Hauthnor, Mogalliano: My two favorite thives. One of you always being accused of stealing from everyone. Most of the times people talked to me I just laughed, because they must think I have constant view of your inventory or something. Goodness Gracious.

Msthna: Was sorry to see you go, I knew you were a good fighter, liked being alongside ya, wish you would have learned tiger claw a bit more though. *wink*

Grrhanr: We had some good fights together, you helped me a quite a bit.

Isengrim: Had a hard time figuring you out, sometimes it seemed like you were going to aide the empire, but most of the time you couldn't be counted on for anything. You ran a lot. (thats how it looked to me)

Yanacek: I think you are fine, I just never get to see you or match up with you. You are a good figher and you like to hunt, two things I really like.

Sevarecan: Quite easily the msot trusted Imperial Verisla had and the you up and immed on me. I was honestly mad about that, and then you gave me a hard time in front of everyone, another thing I couldn't believe you did after all the times we had aided one another. Oh well, just trying to be a good imm I guess.

The rest of you imperials, talk to me if you wish a response, I'd be glad to give you a few tips if you think I could give you good ones.

Others:
Dralith: Liked you, didn't care what Ocelevan thought, after the initial problem things were fine between us.

Viranea (spelling?): We had a cool agreement, but you stopped showing up.

To that ranger in the woods: Wish we could have built more of a relationship, keep kicking butt.

Later all,
Aaron aka Minyar

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Verisla the Secret, Imperial Shadow ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Wed 24-Sep-03 02:20 PM
Reply Well, my "I'm gone for awhile" character is gone. *addi..., Minyar, 24-Sep-03 09:43 PM #1
     Reply It was upsetting to see this deletion..., Jaedren (Guest), 24-Sep-03 10:19 PM, #2
     Reply I was actually referring to Lariya, but..., Verisla (Guest), 25-Sep-03 12:26 PM, #10
          Reply Hehehe..., Jaedren (Guest), 25-Sep-03 03:57 PM, #14
     Reply RE: Well, my, Sevarecan, 24-Sep-03 10:24 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Well, my, Rhual (Guest), 24-Sep-03 10:29 PM, #4
     Reply In all honesty, Verisla (Guest), 25-Sep-03 12:28 PM, #11
     Reply Grrhanr and now you., Arkozian (Guest), 24-Sep-03 11:55 PM, #5
     Reply RE: Well, my, Zhenzar (Guest), 25-Sep-03 12:57 AM, #6
     Reply There goes another, Jirash (Guest), 25-Sep-03 02:36 AM, #7
     Reply Look at the odds you are talking about though., Verisla (Guest), 25-Sep-03 12:33 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Look at the odds you are talking about though., Jirash (Guest), 25-Sep-03 01:02 PM, #13
     Reply Verisla, Dralith (Guest), 25-Sep-03 11:59 AM, #8
          Reply Hey, Verisla (Guest), 25-Sep-03 12:24 PM, #9
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #21405 Previous topic | Next topic