Subject: "Commune 'rot'" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19087
Show all folders

MistressZefarah (Guest)Mon 14-Jul-03 06:02 AM

#19141, "Commune 'rot'"

Nazira’s Profile Summary

Sphere: Purity. An inexorable desire to achieve perfection through the art of disciplining herself and others.

Role: Dominatrix / Personal Trainer / Disciplinarian. Note that although Death Angel reports her as being “Neutral,” she was, in fact, evil.

Skills: 100% in essentially all skills/supps. It was part of her role to be a perfectionist.

Empowerment: Thror (Noldarian Smiths). Nazira wasn’t really a “follower” of Thror, as they disliked each other racially. Instead, they agreed that Purity of intent is important, and this mutual belief gave rise to the empowerment. Thanks, Thror.

Thoughts on Drow Shaman

Seems like a solid fit. Now that Empire is around, drow shaman are possibly an ideal choice, if not compelling.

It takes time to build these characters up, as they lend themselves well to patience and perfectionism. After all, you have less margin for error with 16 CON and OUGHT to play wisely. For instance, Nazira was absurdly immaculate, having additional trains on top of her excellent wardrobe and perfected skills. Unfortunately, I haven’t the time anymore to play my characters, and she auto-deleted. Even so, 330 hours of fun was a worthwhile investment in my book, and I took a lot of pride in the character.

Drow shaman seem to have success against most paladins, bards, other communing classes, and rangers. She was decent against the few assassins who attacked her, killed some warriors, and held out reasonably well against mages who were not in the Golden Tower. She seemed to have trouble with thieves, offensive shifters, fist of the titans, cranial, and warlocks. Axe warriors usually dropped a weapon, so Nazira was never caught in a pincer. Villager berserkers grossly outmatched her until bloodthirst was changed, but still are not a good matchup; fortunately, they are not inherent enemies. Still, there was usually a way to counter or avoid the problematic scenarios.

I’ll end with some numbercrunching. Here is my own numeric analysis concerning the character, in comparison to other evil, uncaballed characters.

Levelling Ease: 8 out of 10 (Can take blows and heal)
Re-equipping Ease: 10 out of 10
Skill Mastery: 10 out of 10
Versatility: 7 out of 10 (Excellent choice for many situations, but duergar can detect hidden)
Survival Skills: 8 out of 10 (very sneaky and evasive, good saves, healing)
Killing Power: 7 out of 10 (Can't land kills easily, but sneaking helps)
Utility Functions: 7 out of 10 (Shaman not as widely useful as healer, bard, or transmuter, but drow have good mana)
Role-playability: 9 out of 10 (Elvenkind always a favourite, interesting cabal RP)
Difficulty: 7 out of 10 (evil is challenging, you must dress for the unwelcoming occasion, can't see hidden)
Enjoyment: 9 out of 10 stars (Loved her)

Goodbyes: This character is well over a year old so there’s far too many to list, but I remember all of them if you have any questions. She RP’d most with Noldruk, Shaitarak, and Siorgriend. Ironically, the latter two being lightwalkers. Thanks a lot, Nazira enjoyed it.

I hope this is informative, and someone out there decides to try out the race/class for herself.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AUTO) Nazira the Holy of Faith [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 13-Jul-03 02:50 AM
Reply Commune 'rot', MistressZefarah (Guest), 14-Jul-03 06:02 AM #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19087 Previous topic | Next topic