Subject: "May your adventures be blessed with Whiysdan's Luck." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #146357
Show all folders

KalageadonMon 25-Mar-24 07:32 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1041 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#146360, "May your adventures be blessed with Whiysdan's Luck."

I rolled Outhyen in October 2022 and managed to get 2 Halloween forms without having to roll/spin. They were quite interesting. Thank you to the IMM team for putting in the effort to make them a thing and especially Ishuli for making sure I didn't crash the mud every time I trampled something small.

Thanks to Ergush for allowing me a chance at leadership. I do really enjoy the interactions with others and tried to keep that steady, regardless of when I was a leader. In July of 23 I learned I was selected to become a Chief in our fine Navy and that destroyed my playing times. So, I asked to be relieved at that point, thank you for not asking much in the way of questions.

Whiysdan - Man, I just don't know what I was doing but I didn't see or hear from you again after about 150-200 hrs. I entirely apologize if I messed something up. I had 13 different mushrooms with me since January of 2023 ready to enjoy some booze and mushrooms and a special Whiysdan doll that I had kept from Halloween time. And had several stories like when I did forest scatter in the Pine Forest and ended up right before Octagonal, then on the way out, did it and ended up right before the entrance to the Forest. Most lucky I've ever been. You seemed really cool from the first few interactions and maybe I'll try another follower down the road.

I only played this one char and never had alts, to anyone who was curious. It was a self-imposed rule that I gave myself a few years ago, much like, doing anything I can to not spin/roll.

I think I survived through 17 different leaders, Sunwardens, Harbingers, and Nightreavers in my time, including myself, and for the most part you were all great. Even the one that decided to kill me when I asked to test kelpie vs dolphin. For anyone who's curious, dolphin destroyed me.

My rp was all about exploring and learning new things and caring for Her/Her creations which is part of another self-imposed rule but this time I incorporated it. I try to learn one new area with every char and this time I learned more than one.

Outlander went up and down many times throughout Outhyen's life and I really enjoyed a lot of cabal wars but my forms weren't too suited to doing raids but I liked retrievals, so when I got to do them, I would really dive in. I think I had 4 or 5 hero tribunal vs me at one point and still went at it. I think I only died doing it twice which is pretty good for me. But for the last couple hundred hours I'd log in with the Fetish and wouldn't have the opportunity. I guess I just like the Underdog, except when the Orcs have it. Fighting Orcs in their home is rough, especially if there's other defenders.

Thoughts on forms. I try to keep this until after I die so that it doesn't seem self-serving to try and get myself a boost, etc.

Mako Shark - This thing does less damage than Swordfish and has less utility. Either boost its damage or increase the utility. I had 0 forms that could feed.

Kelpie - This is the form that raised fear in a lot of people but it really isn't all that powerful. It can burst which made it very helpful in some situations but there's far stronger water forms. I liked it most for the uniqueness and the feel, it really does feel different than playing most other water forms. I think the nerf that it gets for being on land is far too high. I'd go from being able to dodge 80% to being able to dodge 20% of a PK's hits and that caused me to hardly ever use it on land and was the reason I took lesser form edges to boost snow leopard.

Catoblepas - Many people think this form is OP. I assure you that it's not. It can really shine if paired with a heavy damage secondary form which I didn't really have. Exception if I landed heavy tramples, in water, as a kelpie. It can serve as a tank for a group, so long as it's not taking too many hits, so that is nice but you certainly aren't soloing too many things with 0-1 hits per round and gore.

Wildcat - I received as a RC reward and I'm very thankful to have it. Being able to fast travel is always super handy. Being able to hide/camo helped me evade a time or two which is also nice. It's far sneakier on a utility major when you can enliven to be able to sneak but still a great form overall. My biggest gripes with it come when it's in its natural element. The skill that's like "creep" is horrible. The lag is super huge and you can almost never use it in a
fast paced PK scenario. Each time you move it feels like 2 rounds of combat or more. I'm not sure on the exact numbers but it's bad. The two forms that have this skill should likely just have creep. Second is forest tracking. In aprox 4-500 hrs I had it fire only a couple times despite fighting in a forest a lot. I had it fail 9 times in a row when fighting in just one battle.

I'll end my long-winded message by saying, even after 20+ years I still love this game. Thank you to all who make it still feel alive.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [OUTLANDER] Outhyen Seashadow the Master Ha... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 24-Mar-24 10:30 PM
Reply May your adventures be blessed with Whiysdan's Luck., Kalageadon, 25-Mar-24 07:32 AM #2
Reply Nice work!, Jalim (Anonymous), 25-Mar-24 09:28 AM, #3
Reply RE: May your adventures be blessed with Whiysdan's Luck..., Tamus (Anonymous), 25-Mar-24 09:29 AM, #4
Reply RE: May your adventures be blessed with Whiysdan's Luck..., Alietrius, 25-Mar-24 10:11 AM, #5
Reply WoWoW!!, Dallevian, 25-Mar-24 10:43 AM, #6
Reply RE: May your adventures be blessed with Whiysdan's Luck..., Abernyte, 28-Mar-24 04:12 AM, #7
Reply Well done!, FullmoonCat, 24-Mar-24 10:54 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #146357 Previous topic | Next topic