Subject: "RE: My heartfelt thanks" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142900
Show all folders

Cedany, Tristhana, & Kytria (Anonymous)Sat 21-May-22 11:47 AM
Charter member
#142968, "RE: My heartfelt thanks"

> Rahsael was a strange idea and I was never sure how players would react to it.

If this is your vision of a strange idea, I'd like to petition that you eschew normal ideas entirely. Jokes aside, I think that this idea of your touched on something that I love in fantasy religions, whether they're interactive (via tabletop/mud) or static (in novels or other games). I have always loved gods and religions that exude an aura of mystery and 'otherness'. From what little I saw of the faith, I felt that in spades. Every time I RPed with someone about this religion, it felt like I was stumbling upon an Eldritch cult with enough pull that I coiuldn't help but to pause. It made sense. It drew me in. Most importantly, it gave me questions that were difficult (and exciting) to answer. My only regret is that I was too cowardly to make a follower sooner. I missed my chance to find out the secrets of the religion that I was so curious about. (Insert Loss joke here).

If I ever decide to heroimm in CF, this religion will always be an anchoring inspiration for me.

> I'm really proud of the work I've done for the game, in terms of areas, quests, the Mudlet skin, etc.

Is this where I spend five or so paragraphs going on and on about the character challenge, the manor, and your areas? Probably not, since it's all on Discord already. They're all amazing.

The Mudlet skin has done more to improve my experience than anything else in CF, and it lowered the barrier to entry for new players by a substantial margin.

Thanks so much for all you've done. I hope you get a chance to come back sometime in the future, even if it's just a throwaway character or two.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [None] Rahsael the Mourning Star, Tears in Ra... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 12-May-22 01:00 PM
Reply My heartfelt thanks, Rahsael, 20-May-22 04:40 PM, #2
Reply Thanks from Drissa/Caz/others, Mcbeth, 21-May-22 12:35 AM, #3
Reply RE: My heartfelt thanks, Cedany, Tristhana, & Kytria (Anonymous), 21-May-22 11:47 AM #4
Reply Simply brilliant with every persona, Dallevian, 21-May-22 05:12 PM, #5
Reply RE: My heartfelt thanks, Aurew, 23-May-22 08:26 AM, #6
Reply Major Loss.., Emnon, 24-May-22 06:16 PM, #7
Reply RE: My heartfelt thanks, apex (Anonymous), 31-May-22 03:12 AM, #8
Reply RIP, JohnEveryMan, 12-May-22 01:19 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #142900 Previous topic | Next topic