Subject: "The Redonkulous Herculeun Donkey bids thee farewell" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138755
Show all folders

Dzonkulese (Anonymous)Mon 13-Apr-20 09:07 PM
Charter member
#138759, "The Redonkulous Herculeun Donkey bids thee farewell"

Thanks to all for the fun. After an extended hiatus wasn't sure if I'd play again, but then I suddenly got the urge to roll something up. And if I'm going to play CF I tend to like to try something different and push my comfort zone, to keep learning different angles, to keep the game fresh...

In this case I had never played an Outlander before and to be honest I was pretty intimidated by the prep/gold limitations and also the prospect of being a criminal constantly. I did end up learning a ton and hugely enjoyed the cabal. There's still a lot I could improve on related to Outlander tricks.

This was definitely a bash and thrash kind of build. Giant sword spec, so yeah. I had a fairly complex role in mind at first (sphere Love Gaspare follower) but ended up feeling pretty lazy in the role writing department. So I just played the way I like to play, tried to keep it fun for all. I really didn't have (or need) any edges. I managed to assemble a fairly uber gear set for a while there, and tried to keep pushing it...good times.

Imms-- Thank you for everything you do. I appreciated the occasional interactions. Ergush especially, thanks for the chance to help lead. Having not even played Outlander before I was kinda flying blind at times but I had fun all around and really just tried to help keep things afloat in my own way.

Outlander-- All good peoples, fun interactions. My only regret was not crossing paths with more of you. It was pretty quiet around the Tree for much of Dzonk's life, which increasingly meant I was left to face Fort/Trib/Empire gank squads alone, though I had fun regardless. Special shout out to Admund, Takamae, Lorente, and Iuzon. Hoping some good leaders rise up for you soon.

Trib-- Lots of good fights. Llyion, those conscripts were just nasty. Mortavala and Daksoble were both cool and always willing to throw down. Morderak, fighting you reminded me of me fighting Ysforgul...I just had the better gear, better weapons, and also stacked enrage (from ignite) for an extra boost. Damage rules all especially when you are basically fighting a version of yourself. Snerdrull, why hide so much as cat when you got cheetah, man? Come throw it down! Anyhow, no hard feelings about any of battles but I will say the policy of taking all weapons should really be optional. When I'm going in solo versus 3+ Tribs w/ guards plus risk of being looted by whoever may be hanging around out of range in Galadon, the last thing I should have to do is regather all my weapons no matter what...that's just not possible solo and makes the game less fun. Going against Tribunal on their terms and their turf is already hard enough. If I'm too strong (or a jerk) sure take my weapons or whatever but it shouldn't be mandatory.

Empire-- Also some great fights. Ysforgul, total beast I would later try to become in my own Outlanderish way. Itz, we didn't cross paths too much and the couple times I really wanted to throw down I either 1) got slept on first attempt (through -100 saves) or 2) got fear from banshee. That one time I got stuck on the river I honestly was just trying to run and die on a nook in the sea hoping to maybe beat you back to my corpse before you could find it. Was a miracle I survived that time. Vae- where the hell did you come from that time? I thought you were that Fort warrior Van when you got my blademaster gloves. Had to laugh that time. Angaph, wish we could fought more. 1 for 1 tied in the end, I think. Still couldn't believe you blackjacked me that time in the forest...totally forgot about piercing gaze and thought I was about to ambush the crap out of you. Doh.

Fort-- Again, great fights. Multiple bat paladins jumping through portals was rough. The pace at which bat swings with apparently no self-lag is pretty insane. I haven't tried playing one but on the other side it feels absurd. Lots of tough paladins out there that were willing to fight alone. Theorendus, you got lucky and got my best preps after that gank down and then I just couldn't quite finish you off after that you bastard! Enjoy "your orb". Deilecai, I'm expecting you to kick some butt as you grow into your build, would have liked to fight you more. It was usually me versus several of you Forties, with some additional side-kicks jumping in unexpectedly. You usually needed those extra numbers to have any chance.

Others-- Imogrezio, always enjoyed our interactions. Xiqoanna, same.

In the end I could feel the prep-grind getting boring and some grumpiness creeping in, so was time to move on to other things in life for a while. Too much screen time with spring finally here. Mostly likely I'll be around again in time. Until then, be well y'all.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Dzonkulese Mag'Lor the Legend... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 13-Apr-20 02:50 PM
Reply The Redonkulous Herculeun Donkey bids thee farewell, Dzonkulese (Anonymous), 13-Apr-20 09:07 PM #2
Reply RE: The Redonkulous Herculeun Donkey bids thee farewell, Morderak (Anonymous), 13-Apr-20 09:25 PM, #3
Reply Sword/Mace - Cry/Calming, Dzonkulese (Anonymous), 15-Apr-20 03:51 PM, #8
Reply RE: The Redonkulous Herculeun Donkey bids thee farewell, Admund (Anonymous), 14-Apr-20 05:27 AM, #4
Reply I was a big fan, xyfa, 14-Apr-20 03:36 PM, #5
Reply RE: The Redonkulous Herculeun Donkey bids thee farewell, Ergush, 15-Apr-20 06:46 AM, #7
Reply The Dzonk, Snerdrull (Anonymous), 19-Apr-20 05:28 PM, #9
Reply RE: (RAGE DELETE) [OUTLANDER] Dzonkulese Mag'Lor the Le..., Nalasul, 13-Apr-20 07:34 PM, #1
     Reply Good times., Xiqoanna (Anonymous), 14-Apr-20 07:28 PM, #6
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138755 Previous topic | Next topic