Subject: "RE: Goodbyes" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138346
Show all folders

IshuliSun 16-Feb-20 07:56 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2017
2173 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#138349, "RE: Goodbyes"

I was serious about the amputation! I had this plan, when I saw how many edge points you weren't using, to amputate your hands and replace them with ice (your top affinity), steal your edge points, and give you Demi-Elemental Transcendence after the surgery became slightly botched and more of you had to be replaced with elements. But you were super intent on solving the cause behind it, which I can totally dig as well. So I find it funny that’s the edge you were going for anyway. If it makes you feel better, you were really close on your own, hence why I planned to nudge it over the edge. I was curious if anything would come of your hand-quest via other imms, but you were so close to age death that you just ended up, well, dying!

I really liked Antaluvion! You chatted with others about your study (a lot), seemed to enjoy learning and sharing that learning with others. That’s a scholar if ever there was! I always wanted to push you in single-minded fashion to dismiss the concerns of others (Worries, in the way of knowledge? How dare you!) and shove through to learn things anyway.

Your study made things particularly hard. Normally I’d plan to mess with you in various fashions in your study, or while you’re doing it, etc. but we don’t mess around in area-explores, so you were pretty on your own there. All the same I hope you enjoyed being Antaluvion as much as I enjoyed watching you play him. I totally bungled attending your lecture, sadly, stuff came up and I wasn’t able to get in until it was ending, so sorry I missed out but I heard good things!

As to event times, it’s rough. While I may be able to play earlier in some of the days, that doesn’t mean I’m not working – and events take more time/attention than a single interaction might. So early times for events just don’t often work for me. And funny enough, when I HAVE varied time on the weekends, I’ve gotten others asking “No, not this time, THIS time” – which happens no matter when events get scheduled. I’ll see if we can’t mix it up a bit more in the future though.

Some lines from Antaluvion that I enjoyed. These are not sequential, but always made me picture a neat little scholar – I loved your esay usage:
Antaluvion says after a moment 'I have had some challenges, my Lady.'
Antaluvion says 'What in the'
Antaluvion says unable to hide his smile 'It is an occasion of joy, Lady Ishuli. Progress.'
Antaluvion says 'When we are there, there is an enervating darkness pressing on to us. Hurting us even. But I wonder if it is evil, or if it is simply like ... a very cold place, one could die from the chill, but the chill in itself is not evil.'
Antaluvion says raising a finger 'Yes, exactly so!'
Antaluvion says 'It has been the invisible wall we have hammered at, and finally we have found a key.'
Antaluvion says: There are ... echoes of real civilization there. I need more time.
Antaluvion says 'Though I consider myself a bit distanced from emotions, I do not deny the intense guilt. Certainly it would be a great disservice to me and everyone if I did not learn from this.'

Antaluvion says 'The lecture was good, I believe. The Marshall started by falling asleep before I had started speaking, but after woken up listened attentively all the way through it.'

Antaluvion says with a chuckle 'Lessons passed on.'

Antaluvion says 'Ah, drink, right, er, not much of a drinker.'

And one of the first lines you ever told me:
Antaluvion says 'I have had this ... sense of a pulling to something dangerous. I believe I have a subject that has chosen me, rather than I have chosen it.'

If not obvious, I loved the atmosphere you put off. One of the things I really appreciated was that numerous others considered your research topic to be a dead-end from the angle you were approaching it from. But you figured out something **nobody else in the game had** all by yourself by testing things out. HUGE props to you for that, I was cheering at my screen when you pulled it off.

Great job with your character, please make more because if they’re half as cool as Antaluvion you’ll still be adding to a ton of peoples’ fun

-Ish

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [FORTRESS] Antaluvion Malherion the Scholar... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 16-Feb-20 11:48 AM
Reply Goodbyes, Adrigon, 16-Feb-20 06:54 AM, #9
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ishuli, 16-Feb-20 07:56 AM #2
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Adrigon, 16-Feb-20 08:19 AM, #4
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Bemused, 16-Feb-20 08:11 PM, #10
     Reply I must admit, incognito, 17-Feb-20 04:45 AM, #12
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ysforgul (Anonymous), 16-Feb-20 08:05 AM, #3
Reply You still owe me., Xuvian (Anonymous), 16-Feb-20 10:12 AM, #5
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Ellainaraya (Anonymous), 16-Feb-20 10:17 AM, #6
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Nalasul, 16-Feb-20 10:43 AM, #7
Reply Good fights!, Itzenxilaatl (Anonymous), 16-Feb-20 11:02 AM, #8
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Jarmel, 16-Feb-20 09:27 PM, #11
Reply RE: Goodbyes, Silvary (Anonymous), 17-Feb-20 05:18 AM, #13
Reply Sad to see you go, Viggkhun (Anonymous), 18-Feb-20 05:45 AM, #14
Reply Ouch..., Yaennistel (Anonymous), 18-Feb-20 06:04 PM, #15
Reply Re: kinship, Calion, 16-Feb-20 07:47 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #138346 Previous topic | Next topic