Subject: "My farewells" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10445
Show all folders

Lardovian (Guest)Sun 27-Oct-02 06:58 PM

#10469, "My farewells"

Wow...

That's my first thought...

I have lived and breathed Lardovian for so long now it feels strange that he is finally... gone. He came into Thera during the easter holiday of 2002 because I had been away from CF for about a year and I wanted to see what had become of the world. And here I am... on the other end of 974 hours in the world of Thera known as the Carrion fields.
I chose the elf shapeshifer once more because that was what I last played so this would be my second Hero, second elf, and second shapeshifter. I enjoy the class for it makes for a whole new dimension to the way you see Thera. The lack of communication can be a pain at times... but I spent so much time alongside those I fought with so I think they more often than not knew what I wanted.
I will admit right away that my choice of foci might be seen as a cheap one, and I admit, it is. But alas... I don't think I'd change any of the forms I recieved for other ones. The alligator is great once you learn how to use it and I think many of those I traveled with came to appreciate it aswell, atleast for all those underwater expeditions.
The owl... Hear me all thieves and assassins, fear it. I think quite a few of you found that it was quite adept at chasing people out of the shadows. It may not be much of a fighter compared to the other birds, but as I said, no other bird would have let me do all that I did as well.

I think it is no secret... I died, a lot. Both during ranking and later during my life. But for some reason... the feeling to give up never occured to me as I was having too much of fun to do that. And that brings me on another thing... fun. I hereby extend a heartfelt thanks to any and all that interacted with Lardovian, for it was you who made him into what he was, the most fun I've had in a very, very long time.

I hope I did not make too bad a job as Magister when I finally became that and in truth, it was one of them things I never thought would happen. Being a leader was fun and challenging, yet could be a pain at times, fending off four people trying to speak with you at once.

Once more... I can only say that I hope that any and all who were around Lardovian had as much as fun as I did. That's why I'm here now writing this.

And here... are the farewells:

WARLOCK

Shila - Little sister... Many were the times we shared together and I enjoyed every one of them and can only hope you did aswell.

Verienel - I really wanted to talk that attack on the Sorceress through with you afterwards... but you seemed to disappear just before that came to happen.

Sloryas - A good friend that helped me more than I would ever ask for in going on all those trips to get me things.

Finduthilas - You are a very competent mage and you deserve kudos for that. I don't know if you disliked me or anything, but it seemed you prefered to run alone so I let you do that *wry*

Solyma - Keep in there, you have potential even if there are some things you need to work on still.

Picatepty - Thank you for all the good times, I had loads of fun around you. Running around the Tower chasing you became quite interesting after a while *snicker*

Dalnik - Where'd you go? We could have used you so much in the Tower and I liked to have you around.

Farion - An interesting one you were but one I liked nontheless. Should've stayed in there

Daurwyn - Thank you for the induction... It was the only time I think I ever spoke with you before you disappeared.

Tinuthiel - I didn't see or speak with you as much as I sooner came to realise I wanted. But I got to talk to you anyway... in a way that I don't know if you know of. Now that was muddled enough... ah well, on to the next one.

Shilite - You thanked me for an interesting interview, I thank you for letting me make it interesting.

HERALD

Jevanah - What can I say... I'm sorry you weren't able to be around more, I so much wanted to finish what we had started. You turned Lardovian's world upside down, but that only made him love you so much more in the end.

Dieca - Oselle... Seek out those precious little seeds. I came to enjoy being around you very much and those songs were always something to make an old elf's heart ache.

Jezebelle - Now ours was quite an interesting relation I think. Don't think that I regret any of it though... on the contrary, I relish every bit of it. Perhaps not that last thingy about a certain garment but as you said... we both knew it had been beyond that aswell. *innocent*

Vihan - Sorry for that time down at Crystal Island. Didn't mean to do that but then... it wasn't the last time I did something like that, nor the first. I liked having you as a friend even if we didn't get to do overly much in terms of interaction.

Nwayreth - Keep in there and you'll have loads of fun.

ENTROPY

Arnora - I so much wanted to finish that trip up in Thar-Acacia... thank you for a short, but wonderful time.

Onilyn - Sheesh I came to dislike you over time. Not hate... but certainly dislike as I viewed you as one of the more irritating people around. But I can understand if that was in your role aswell.

DAWN

Lysrieal - One of those friends that you knew you could count on even if we didn't always speak overly much with eachother.

Sahvik - A pity I didn't see you more by the end. We were on opposing sides in many things yet seemed to be able to get along.

Masaryk - Keep it up, you're a good person even if we were forced to share something. (insert evil grin)

SCARAB

Amora - You deserve respect for what you did. A solid person that became a not insignificant force in Thera when present. A pity you didn't hang in there longer, the Cult needed someone like you.

MARAN

Ulthur - Keep it up and I will see you in the Azure fields soon. You became one of my best friends over the years that passed us by even if I didn't think I would see you after that our first encounter in the past.

Lydian - One I came to know, yet seldom traveled with. Nontheless you were a great friend to have around.

Karhon - Now what can I say... you were there before me, you remain after I'm gone. You were another one of those you could count on. Not that we got to travel much, but I liked the times we did so much more.

Tynnyn - Where'd you go?

Hazkal - I met you the first time in Ilraeth's shrine then I hardly saw you after that except for the occasional travels here and there.

Siandors - Keep on trucking, you do a fine job from what I can see.

NEXUS

Valkore - It was as a nexan I knew you and therefore I put you here. You seemed a good friend and where one hell of a warrior. I don't think I've ever seen the giant go down as fast as it did when you were there to beat it to shreds.

BATTLE

Now there was quite a lot of you at times, making my life a pain to live... or die.

Bryvac - You're a beast. Simple as that. I knew that I was in for a hard time everytime the Angel started to scream that you were raiding.

Nourn - Gutsy dwarf. You came... even when most others would have stayed home, kudos to you.

Huraz & Hirilim - Liked fighting you even if it mostly was about me trying to get you to stay out of the shadows before shifting to alligator.

Gyasi & Karkanen - You were the ones who taught me the perils of getting blackjacked in form, thus unable to call for help.

Rhuean - I ran from you mostly because I was inexperienced and because I knew that you could maledict me back to the stoneage and then kill me easily.

Oquogar (spelling?) - You taught me quite a lot about when a fight is lost and it's time to run. Not the easiest thing to do with that spear of yours sticking out your back.

TRIBUNAL

Uelveyye - A very good friend and ally to have around. Thank you for the times we had and all the aid you gave me at times.

Yeitrai - I did want to run around a bit more with you and explore...

Constance - One of my best friends during my younger years but then as I neared hero you went and deleted.

Eskelian - Those plans of yours I really wanted to see unfolded. Would've made for a very interesting time without doubt.

Deigreck - In a way... I was glad that you went as fast as you did. On the other hand, it would've made for some interesting intereactions.

SCION

The banes of my existance... There were a lot of you at times, then none. Ah well...

Dwoggurd - Ow, ow, ow. I dreaded that 'Dwoggurd starts aiming at you!'. For me that only meant that I was in for a serious beating if I didn't get out of there fast.

Eleke - Got you once, otherwise it seemed you sent me running more often than not on the few times we clashed.

Dranolian - Fighting transmuters is not an easy thing to do and usually you managed to bring enough aid to give anyone a hard time.

Urden - You stuck it out when the rest of the Scions left as Dullameh imm'd and even though we didn't fight or talk that much you seemed to be knowing what you were doing and it was never easy for me on the few occasions we met.

Arthlow - You taught me how it felt to be on the wrong end of the alligator. It hurts.

Daiken - Another one long gone, yet one of those I watched out for as I would usually put the retrieval attempt on ice while you were around. You had that talent to arrive at precisely the wrong moment.

Uzurag - As I said in your thread, I was mighty pissed at you after the whole silver tears business but I took it out... on the nightwalker.

Xandera - Hunting your raven across the skies became a sport for me after a while. Hope you didn't mind *grin*

Khurmen - Had looked forward to fighting more with you. But then I think it would have said (CON) instead of (AGE) in the graveyard...

ICE-DRAKES

Wasarbre - The founder and spirit behind it all. You were a great friend to fight beside with and I thoroughly enjoyed all of our travels.

Gorach - One of my best friends I dare say. At first I was a bit muffled about the things you would say to me, then I started to bicker back which made our travels so much more interesting. And yes... I still remember what you did down in the vaults getting assassinated... Oops, did I say that out loud?

Astarcio - The few fights we fought beside eachother I liked, otherwise we mainly seemed to see eachother up above and exchanging the occasional nod.

OTHERS

Lintronea - One of my first real good friends whom I liked spending time with very much.

Shaitarak - Keep it up, you'll get chomped one day or another. *snicker*

Raliyas - You were great. You were probably one of the scariest people around as you'd rob someone blind before they knew what hit them. Thanks for keeping away from my girdles after a while.

Fythia - Man I was sad to see you go the way you did, even if I can understand the circumstances.

IMMORTALS

Ilraeth - You are the greatest. I thank you for everything you did for me and hope that I didn't do too bad a job with what I got.

Savraeth - Enjoyed the few talks we had. Thank you

Karithia - We never seemed to be on the same side in a conflict. From my first failed attempt at getting inducted by you to my last breath there always seemed something we disagreed about.

Mayesha - You deserve more than thanks for what all you did for me. Sad to see that you're gone though.

Dullameh - We fought quite a lot I dare say. Often ending with me falling but somehow I always managed to come back to fight another day. That time you walked through three defending warlocks left me kind of openmouthed though. I didn't think such a thing was possible.

Scarabaeus - Those few talks we had was quite enjoyable, atleast for me. Was a... different experience to say the least.

I think that's all... if I forgot someone, holler up or send me a mail at ulf.blixt@pop.landskrona.se
This is Lardovian the Penitent shapeshifter, Shredder of fine Robes or Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Golden Tower signing off. For this time. Thank you all for this time, it has been great and I'll say what so many others have.

Imms, you make a great game. Keep it up.

Lardovian

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 27-Oct-02 05:03 PM
Reply The blind gnome is always forgotten. (n/t), Samtuka, 01-Nov-02 03:57 PM, #79
Reply RE: The blind gnome is always forgotten. (n/t), Lardovian (Guest), 03-Nov-02 09:27 AM, #81
Reply Knew you were gonna forget me but oh well. Everyone doe..., Airael (Guest), 01-Nov-02 08:05 AM, #77
Reply RE: Knew you were gonna forget me but oh well. Everyone..., Lardovian (Guest), 03-Nov-02 09:37 AM, #82
Reply Another passes, TheMaiden (Guest), 30-Oct-02 03:22 PM, #73
Reply RE: Another passes, Lardovian (Guest), 31-Oct-02 06:26 AM, #76
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Solyma (Guest), 29-Oct-02 10:40 PM, #52
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:24 AM, #54
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Jevanah (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:47 PM, #48
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:50 AM, #55
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Selreka/Erestor (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:26 AM, #43
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 02:19 PM, #45
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Sahvik (Guest), 28-Oct-02 06:33 PM, #30
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:53 AM, #35
Reply Heh..., Ilraeth, 28-Oct-02 01:28 PM, #28
Reply RE: Heh..., Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 03:35 PM, #29
     Reply Welcome to the club..., Astillian, 28-Oct-02 08:04 PM, #32
          Reply Oh one more thing..., Astillian, 28-Oct-02 08:05 PM, #33
          Reply RE: Welcome to the club..., Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:01 AM, #36
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Dimion (Guest), 28-Oct-02 01:05 PM, #27
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:24 AM, #42
Reply You forgot me :(, Dahrimar (Guest), 28-Oct-02 03:12 AM, #18
Reply RE: You forgot me :(, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:11 AM, #38
Reply My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 27-Oct-02 06:58 PM #3
Reply RE: My farewells, Farion (Guest), 27-Oct-02 07:33 PM, #4
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:20 AM, #41
Reply RE: My farewells, Karithia, 27-Oct-02 07:42 PM, #5
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:07 AM, #21
Reply Farewell, indeed!, Karhon (Guest), 27-Oct-02 08:39 PM, #6
Reply RE: Farewell, indeed!, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 10:14 AM, #23
Reply Sonofabitch, Ulthur, 27-Oct-02 08:56 PM, #7
Reply RE: Sonofabitch, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:17 AM, #40
Reply What happend?!?, Lloradonis, 27-Oct-02 09:30 PM, #8
Reply RE: What happend?!?, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:10 PM, #64
Reply Now how could you forget me? :P, Barilan (Guest), 27-Oct-02 09:31 PM, #9
Reply RE: Now how could you forget me? :P, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:14 AM, #39
Reply RE: My farewells, Esoehi (Guest), 27-Oct-02 09:32 PM, #10
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 09:23 AM, #22
Reply Hmmm......, Korran, 27-Oct-02 10:14 PM, #11
Reply RE: Hmmm......, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 02:29 AM, #15
Reply I actually liked you....for an enemy., Blimbali (Guest), 27-Oct-02 10:54 PM, #12
Reply RE: I actually liked you....for an enemy., Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 06:10 AM, #37
Reply RE: My farewells, Tynnyn (Guest), 28-Oct-02 01:31 AM, #13
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:20 PM, #65
Reply RE: My farewells, Sloryas, 28-Oct-02 02:28 AM, #14
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:24 PM, #66
Reply hmmph, Lokrin (Guest), 28-Oct-02 02:54 AM, #16
Reply RE: hmmph, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:29 PM, #67
Reply RE: My farewells, Giannovan (Guest), 28-Oct-02 02:57 AM, #17
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:31 PM, #68
Reply Wave, Leonidas (Guest), 28-Oct-02 04:50 AM, #19
Reply RE: Wave, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:32 PM, #69
Reply Evolution, Lightmage, 28-Oct-02 07:44 AM, #20
Reply RE: Evolution, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 10:23 AM, #24
Reply Who am I going to drink with now?, Dieca (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:19 AM, #25
Reply RE: Who am I going to drink with now?, Lardovian (Guest), 28-Oct-02 11:39 AM, #26
     Reply Smiling, Adam (Guest), 29-Oct-02 07:55 PM, #50
          Reply RE: Smiling, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 02:15 PM, #72
               Reply I saw that one! (N/T), Adam (Guest), 30-Oct-02 06:52 PM, #74
Reply RE: My farewells, Jez'belly (Guest), 28-Oct-02 07:40 PM, #31
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:52 AM, #34
Reply RE: My farewells, Imander (Guest), 29-Oct-02 12:10 PM, #44
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 29-Oct-02 02:24 PM, #46
Reply RE: My farewells, Abthalok (Guest), 29-Oct-02 05:22 PM, #47
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:36 PM, #70
Reply RE: My farewells, Dullameh, 29-Oct-02 07:14 PM, #49
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 11:36 AM, #58
Reply RE: My farewells, Scarabaeus, 29-Oct-02 09:36 PM, #51
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 11:56 AM, #60
Reply RE: My farewells, Urden, 30-Oct-02 09:49 PM, #75
Reply Thank you, Bilmiok (Guest), 29-Oct-02 11:13 PM, #53
Reply RE: Thank you, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:38 PM, #71
Reply The Tower will not see a Magister as devoted as you. *S..., Finduthilas (Guest), 30-Oct-02 05:17 AM, #56
Reply RE: The Tower will not see a Magister as devoted as you..., Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:05 PM, #63
Reply Wise old Fart, Uelveyye, 30-Oct-02 08:17 AM, #57
Reply RE: Wise old Fart, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:00 PM, #61
Reply RE: My farewells, Nwayreth (Guest), 30-Oct-02 11:46 AM, #59
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 30-Oct-02 12:02 PM, #62
Reply RE: My farewells, Gorach, 01-Nov-02 02:31 PM, #78
Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 03-Nov-02 09:52 AM, #84
Reply RE: My farewells, Midge (Guest), 02-Nov-02 08:36 PM, #80
     Reply RE: My farewells, Lardovian (Guest), 03-Nov-02 09:41 AM, #83
Reply RE: (AGE) Lardovian Farin'Guleth, Magister of the Go, Sosuphan (Guest), 27-Oct-02 05:46 PM, #2
Reply Daiken: Me say 'Wow', ArChaos, 27-Oct-02 05:17 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #10445 Previous topic | Next topic