Subject: "On Droghnund" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68393
Show all folders

PargtorixMon 05-May-08 05:53 PM
Member since 12th Mar 2008
29 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#68608, "On Droghnund"

I had mixed feelings about Droghnund. Call me stupid (or someone else will) but I have no idea who the hell played this character. I had one or two names in the back of my head, but both eventually scratched themselves out by doing one thing or by not doing something else. I'm curious what everyone else knew that I didn't, and how by any IC method they figured it out.

My thoughts on this character are mixed, as I said. On the one hand, I really appreciated an evil rager being played as an evil rager and not as an 'evil to everyone else' rager. This was, from my limited observation, the best alignment-RP I've seen in years across the board. Think about it guys, he would have had an easier life not being such an evil bastard. There's a reason that evil is evil. And it's not for the evil_only flagged fear. That was the magnifiscent part of Droghnund to me.

The ####ty part of this character to me was that he'd make players' lives difficult as much as characters'. I had allies and enemies alike complain to me about this guy. When someone you hate with a passion can tell you, who they hate with a passion, that they'd rather sleep with you than talk to your drillmaster, that says something. I also took some issues with what came off to me as hypocrisy. Being drillmaster to me always meant leading by example and backing every word with action. I give you an 85% in that category from our time together. For a rager, I wouldn't complain. I just expected more from my leader.

The fighting though, wow. I still to this day don't know how you pulled off some of the #### that you did. It was sort of lame to me that you would say things like "If you think that was good, watch this" because it felt like you were talking to me, the player. That said, I always did get impressed by the next move or two. THAT said, I think you shouldn't have been giving other people #### for not sharing strategies with the village. Are you kidding me? It's not like you were out there mentoring anyone, that I knew about. Someone else would have probably defended you if you were, when everyone was talking about hating you.

About that whole disrespect thing that we discussed IC, I have to assure you that it was totally IC and that I still half expected as a player to be risking my place in the cabal by doing it. If I were you, I could have found a way to justify booting me for it and at the same time I could have found 99 ways not to. Thanks for taking one of the 99 ways.

Overall, I felt good about this character. Those little things I mentioned might help you to make a more interactive character next time, or might not. Take my commentary as you will, I'm just a guy.

Good luck with your next character; I hope it's as enjoyable for you as this one, or more.
-PP

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [BATTLE] Droghnund Nozhunellson the Dark Danc... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 01-May-08 05:51 PM
Reply On Droghnund, Pargtorix, 05-May-08 05:53 PM #27
Reply If you didn't know the player, you haven't been playing..., DaBull (Guest), 05-May-08 10:52 PM, #28
Reply You were a wanker., Friend or foe (Guest), 05-May-08 04:29 PM, #24
Reply RE: You were a wanker., Isildur, 05-May-08 04:40 PM, #25
Reply This is not Graham or Abernyte, as far as I know. nt, Nivek1, 06-May-08 01:46 PM, #29
     Reply Yeah, they'd have to be playing to make these comments...., Yhorian (Guest), 06-May-08 01:52 PM, #30
     Reply Yup. Sure isn't either of us. Good work on the use of '..., Abernytee (Guest), 07-May-08 05:00 AM, #31
Reply Sounds just like someone I dealt with in the Fort -nt-, Mek (Guest), 05-May-08 05:12 PM, #26
Reply You had my recomendation though..., Ckol (Guest), 02-May-08 06:24 AM, #22
Reply Don't listen to those artless mages, Xubetok (Guest), 01-May-08 10:24 PM, #21
Reply That's funny to hear from you :), Greddarh, 02-May-08 08:57 PM, #23
Reply Not impressed by this character at all., Nivek1, 30-Apr-08 03:58 PM, #20
Reply Sorry to see you go., Hadashdakon (Guest), 01-May-08 09:25 AM, #15
Reply A Fine Drillmaster, Fjarn (Guest), 01-May-08 09:13 AM, #14
Reply let me make it clear for others, battle (Guest), 01-May-08 03:15 PM, #16
     Reply Last thing I'll say on the topic, Fjarn (Guest), 01-May-08 04:52 PM, #17
          Reply I agree, JMCC, 01-May-08 05:17 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Droghnund Nozhunellson the Dark ..., Lino (Guest), 30-Apr-08 06:56 PM, #7
Reply Yeah, that moment soured Vrtainen on Droghnund for life..., Vrtainen (Guest), 30-Apr-08 11:01 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Droghnund Nozhunellson the Dark ..., Mizfara (Guest), 30-Apr-08 06:02 PM, #6
Reply Drillmaster, Kalageadon, 30-Apr-08 04:27 PM, #4
Reply Heh. I wanted to kill you so bad., Vrtainen (Guest), 30-Apr-08 03:45 PM, #3
Reply Yay ignore command nt, lurker, 30-Apr-08 01:58 PM, #1
     Reply Ugh, Yhorian (Guest), 30-Apr-08 02:12 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Ugh, Praeto (Guest), 30-Apr-08 02:27 PM, #19
               Reply RE: Ugh, Isildur, 30-Apr-08 05:56 PM, #5
                    Reply I don't think you quite understand...., Yhorian (Guest), 30-Apr-08 07:37 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: I don't think you quite understand...., Isildur, 30-Apr-08 08:58 PM, #9
                         Reply RE: I don't think you quite understand...., Daevryn, 01-May-08 12:03 AM, #11
                              Reply Brainstorm for ignore-abuse, Ponderer (Guest), 01-May-08 12:33 AM, #12
                                   Reply RE: Brainstorm for ignore-abuse, Isildur, 01-May-08 12:53 AM, #13
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68393 Previous topic | Next topic