Subject: "A Fine Drillmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68393
Show all folders

Fjarn (Guest)Thu 01-May-08 09:13 AM

#68440, "A Fine Drillmaster"

I guess this will be a mixed/neutral goodbye from ol' Fjarn.

I enjoyed our interactions early on, and saw a fire in your character that I hadn't seen in the other applicants I'd talked to at the time. Your roleplay was impeccable, and immensely entertaining. I had you pegged as my Drillmaster before the Rites started, on the off chance that Fjarn was selected to lead the village. It was a huge gamble, and I knew that would irk some of the older heros, but it seemed in the best interest of the village to have long-term leadership. And Fjarn knew (IC) that he'd made the right choice when, before the blood had dried in the circle, his enemies were already complaining about his selection. Fjarn chose Droghnund because he was a brutal, unforgiving, bloody fearmonger who rained death upon his foes and danced in their skin afterward.

From a player perspective.... well, I can only thank my ignorance, I suppose. I don't know anything about who plays what and all that. And frankly, I don't care. I sensed that you'd be hard to reign in to Fjarn's expectations of how villagers should act during and after combat, but I could only trust that my Imms would watch and give me a heads up if you broke those orders. Turns out, they don't give the Commander "snoop". As a player, I'm 50-50 on believing that you got away with stuff that I would have uninducted you for. And of course, I never personally saw the ignore abuse. But, enough people have complained that I think I can say it really was an abuse of the command. This is a roleplaying game, and one-sided interactions are not appropriate. It ranks up there with disarm/loot/logoff, and dropping link to avoid pk..

Anyway, enough of that. Overall, I enjoyed Droghnund's character as Drillmaster. You were hard on your enemies, and sometimes even harder on the men you watched over. You were the bad cop to Fjarn's good cop; the hardass to Fjarn's friendly. We made a good team. I supported your decisions, and when you went out of bounds, I think Fjarn managed to smooth things over without completely undermining you as second in command. But again, that's why Droghnund was a good Drillmaster in Fjarn's eyes: you rode the fine edge of "just enough" and "too much". And, you took the initiative to impose your Drillmasteryness in your own way, which I very much appreciated.

I wish we'd had the chance to return to your home to cleanse some mages. I wish I'd had another chance to hand everyone a beer and pass you some tea. Most of all, though, I selfishly wish you'd done more to earn respect as a player from friends and foes. As anyone who has had leadership responsibilities can attest, the decisions and actions of the people on your team reflect on you. For good, or for ill.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [BATTLE] Droghnund Nozhunellson the Dark Danc... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 01-May-08 05:51 PM
Reply On Droghnund, Pargtorix, 05-May-08 05:53 PM, #27
Reply If you didn't know the player, you haven't been playing..., DaBull (Guest), 05-May-08 10:52 PM, #28
Reply You were a wanker., Friend or foe (Guest), 05-May-08 04:29 PM, #24
Reply RE: You were a wanker., Isildur, 05-May-08 04:40 PM, #25
Reply This is not Graham or Abernyte, as far as I know. nt, Nivek1, 06-May-08 01:46 PM, #29
     Reply Yeah, they'd have to be playing to make these comments...., Yhorian (Guest), 06-May-08 01:52 PM, #30
     Reply Yup. Sure isn't either of us. Good work on the use of '..., Abernytee (Guest), 07-May-08 05:00 AM, #31
Reply Sounds just like someone I dealt with in the Fort -nt-, Mek (Guest), 05-May-08 05:12 PM, #26
Reply You had my recomendation though..., Ckol (Guest), 02-May-08 06:24 AM, #22
Reply Don't listen to those artless mages, Xubetok (Guest), 01-May-08 10:24 PM, #21
Reply That's funny to hear from you :), Greddarh, 02-May-08 08:57 PM, #23
Reply Not impressed by this character at all., Nivek1, 30-Apr-08 03:58 PM, #20
Reply Sorry to see you go., Hadashdakon (Guest), 01-May-08 09:25 AM, #15
Reply A Fine Drillmaster, Fjarn (Guest), 01-May-08 09:13 AM #14
Reply let me make it clear for others, battle (Guest), 01-May-08 03:15 PM, #16
     Reply Last thing I'll say on the topic, Fjarn (Guest), 01-May-08 04:52 PM, #17
          Reply I agree, JMCC, 01-May-08 05:17 PM, #18
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Droghnund Nozhunellson the Dark ..., Lino (Guest), 30-Apr-08 06:56 PM, #7
Reply Yeah, that moment soured Vrtainen on Droghnund for life..., Vrtainen (Guest), 30-Apr-08 11:01 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Droghnund Nozhunellson the Dark ..., Mizfara (Guest), 30-Apr-08 06:02 PM, #6
Reply Drillmaster, Kalageadon, 30-Apr-08 04:27 PM, #4
Reply Heh. I wanted to kill you so bad., Vrtainen (Guest), 30-Apr-08 03:45 PM, #3
Reply Yay ignore command nt, lurker, 30-Apr-08 01:58 PM, #1
     Reply Ugh, Yhorian (Guest), 30-Apr-08 02:12 PM, #2
          Reply RE: Ugh, Praeto (Guest), 30-Apr-08 02:27 PM, #19
               Reply RE: Ugh, Isildur, 30-Apr-08 05:56 PM, #5
                    Reply I don't think you quite understand...., Yhorian (Guest), 30-Apr-08 07:37 PM, #8
                         Reply RE: I don't think you quite understand...., Isildur, 30-Apr-08 08:58 PM, #9
                         Reply RE: I don't think you quite understand...., Daevryn, 01-May-08 12:03 AM, #11
                              Reply Brainstorm for ignore-abuse, Ponderer (Guest), 01-May-08 12:33 AM, #12
                                   Reply RE: Brainstorm for ignore-abuse, Isildur, 01-May-08 12:53 AM, #13
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #68393 Previous topic | Next topic