Subject: "Phewf" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64465
Show all folders

Grysh (Guest)Sat 22-Dec-07 04:15 PM

#64466, "Phewf"

Exams finished, and I had 2 weeks to play CF as much as I want. Cue Philis.

Wow, what torture she was. I can't say I'm sad to see her go in the least. Not only was she probably the worst PK character I have ever played (beyond the initial learning stage of this game) but I felt like the deck was always stacked against her. Skills never seemed to work at the right times, I ate stupid mob deaths and I had crappy gains. All in all it was mostly horrible experience. My legacies seemed to never come into play. Dungard permalagged me countless times despite having taken Hamonious Equilibrium and Llorenz stunned me for entire fights over and over after having Resist Arcane edge and Bards still tooled me nonstop with Fortress of the Spirit. Obviously I don't expect the edge/legacy to negate these characters, but I thought it would help....in retrospect I would've done things completely differently. Having said that, there was one thing that kept Philis going...

The Imm that roleplayed with me was just awesome. I convinced myself several times not to delete (I also love con dying my ragers caus that's the only way to go baby!) because of the obvious thoughtful work the IMM in question put into the interactions. I am far from an elite RPer, and I usually freeze up in front of imms but I really got a kick out of the couple run ins with the Svirf Emissary who played right into my role. I was stunned by how cool it was, and you have my sincere respects. It's just too bad this character obviously wasn't lasting long enough to have any real sequence of RP events of consequence. The extra con given was basically just more torture for me, but I appreciate the gesture. I even trained my con with an edge because I thought I could make the rites and maybe hope to get Veteran of Battle or something and stick it out, but the Rites came at literally the ONLY time in the past 2 weeks that I couldnt' CF. Just another crappy thing about Philis.

I could gripe about what I think are some unbalanced changes (dex in general seems just crazy powerful and A/B/S invokers that evade my pummel and lags me for 3 rounds in quicksand is just bogus IMO). I don't want to sound like the bitter veteran who is a sore loser, so I will just stop.

As far as characters I interacted with, some were terrible, some were good. I won't go into the bad too much because I think it's a bit hypocritical since I'm sure lots of people hated Philisrhynga.

Gwevsomething invoker : Here I will go into the bad, I've played many Marans, and if I was in the Fort with you I would probably ask to be uninducted so I didn't have to interact with you. Everything about you just felt wrong and like some prick OOC trying to make the game miserable for everyone else. Are you 9 years old? If so then that's ok and I have lots of hope for you as a person. If not, meh, gl with life. I have never full sacced someone in 5 years of playing this game, but I think you would have been the first and I hate that you made me feel that way.

Iltch : Effective, but annoying, but that's how you should be I guess. I don't think I get the whole 'nexus' thing. I guess i didn't roleplay enough with you guys.

Shifters : Almost all of you smoked me, if I thirsted right away I would make you run, heal up, then come back and kill me. Most of you were fun to chat with about stewing and were cool when you killed me.

Invokers in general : Sucks that it's such a boring cycle....flee if you don't have A/B/S/prot/stoneskin up, cast quicksand kill Philis if you do. Not your faults, but just wish the fights were more interesting. THere are some very powerful ones right now, so good job on that.

Yevandr : Very solid, I liked your presence and you'll be a solid Commander.

Harol : Don't take dying so hard and you'll be a great Drillmaster. To be honest, it's probably better if you don't let the OOC bleed through at all, I know this is hard because even with Philis after I ate some bad deaths I was just fuming and roleplayed pretty badly. Take a deep breath, count to 10 and then just start regearing.

Note on defenders: It seemed like most of you just took defender path so you had field dressing for yourselves. I never saw people patching up the giant, and i almost always had to ask for a bandage if I was hurt and you were nearby. Village is supposed to be a brotherhood, but I rarely got that feeling like in the days of Acaga and Gerylanst. That being said, Philis probably didn't do much to change that.

Everyone else : Some looted, others didn't hwen they could've/should've. I try to expect to be looted, so i usually take full loots pretty decently. Sorry if I whined at all but i don't think I did too much. I think I looted once or twice a couple things, but usually I didn't touch anyones corpse, magical or not. I try to keep things fun for everyone, and dying is punishment enough .

In general I was disappointed at the amount of 'safe' players in hero range right now that would take zero chances in a fight against me. There were some good fights though, and I appreciate that. I also realize the dangers of fighting a berserker so meh, maybe I'm super biased and just wanted you to lay down and die for me .

Alright, I guess i'll leave my name even though I'm pretty ashamed of Philis.

See you in the fields,

Gryshilniar/Icthaen etc.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Philisrhynga the Legend of the Batt... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 22-Dec-07 03:28 PM
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Philisrhynga the Legend of the ..., Kiraan (Guest), 27-Dec-07 04:17 AM, #49
Reply You are my hero, elmeri_, 24-Dec-07 06:26 PM, #44
Reply We did not meet at all, I am on break now, but just wis..., Dervish, 23-Dec-07 06:08 PM, #42
Reply PBF error?, Dungard (Guest), 23-Dec-07 01:08 PM, #41
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Philisrhynga the Legend of the ..., Aubrei (Guest), 23-Dec-07 01:29 AM, #39
Reply Phewf, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 04:15 PM #1
     Reply Remember that fight?, Kelteon (Guest), 22-Dec-07 04:46 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Remember that fight?, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 07:54 PM, #11
     Reply I was really pulling for you, man!, Dungard (Guest), 22-Dec-07 05:07 PM, #3
     Reply Gahhhhh, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:00 PM, #12
     Reply It's been widely assumed (why? I don't know, someone m..., AA (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:26 PM, #21
          Reply Ugh, wish I'd known that :( -nt-, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:59 PM, #25
          Reply for the future, yevandr (Guest), 22-Dec-07 11:13 PM, #31
          Reply I've heard that a lot, but I don't know where people ge..., Daevryn, 22-Dec-07 11:19 PM, #33
     Reply Aaw! :(, Bjorn (Guest), 22-Dec-07 05:07 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Aaw! :(, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:04 PM, #14
     Reply The other bits in the pot welcome Philis with open arms, That Imm (Guest), 22-Dec-07 06:03 PM, #5
     Reply RE: The other bits in the pot welcome Philis with open ..., Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:11 PM, #15
          Reply RE: The other bits in the pot welcome Philis with open ..., same guy (Guest), 22-Dec-07 10:27 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Phewf, Nolyek (Guest), 22-Dec-07 06:50 PM, #6
     Reply I paid him 20$ to post this -nt-, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:14 PM, #16
     Reply I wanna be friends with Philis and Nolyek!, Dungard (Guest), 22-Dec-07 11:17 PM, #32
          Reply RE: I wanna be friends with Philis and Nolyek!, Grysh (Guest), 23-Dec-07 12:37 AM, #38
          Reply RE: I wanna be friends with Philis and Nolyek!, Nolyek (Guest), 23-Dec-07 10:41 AM, #40
     Reply RE: Phewf, Fjarn (Guest), 22-Dec-07 07:02 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Phewf, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:17 PM, #17
     Reply That's too bad :(, Cirledan (Guest), 22-Dec-07 07:19 PM, #8
     Reply RE: That's too bad :(, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:21 PM, #19
     Reply Thank god, Yevandr (Guest), 22-Dec-07 07:39 PM, #9
     Reply :), Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:26 PM, #20
     Reply We had a couple of good ones I thought., Zridv (Guest), 22-Dec-07 07:46 PM, #10
     Reply RE: We had a couple of good ones I thought., Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:29 PM, #22
     Reply Wow!, UncleArzzra2 (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:03 PM, #13
     Reply You were awesome. Fire Axe berserkers are fun but frus..., AA (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:20 PM, #18
     Reply See ya chef, Aritu (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:37 PM, #23
     Reply RE: See ya chef, Philis (Guest), 22-Dec-07 08:45 PM, #24
     Reply I wish you were played by Yhorian. nt, Forsakens (Guest), 22-Dec-07 09:22 PM, #26
     Reply LOL explanation? ...txt, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 09:50 PM, #28
     Reply RE: Phewf, Gyubnuka (Guest), 22-Dec-07 09:37 PM, #27
     Reply RE: Phewf, Daevryn, 22-Dec-07 11:11 PM, #30
     Reply Well...., Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 11:30 PM, #34
          Reply Last whine! Kostyan!, Grysh (Guest), 22-Dec-07 11:35 PM, #35
          Reply RE: Well...., Daevryn, 22-Dec-07 11:56 PM, #36
               Reply LOL sorry I'm a huge tool. Yeah I had Fortress. Ignore ..., Grysh (Guest), 23-Dec-07 12:34 AM, #37
     Reply RE: Phewf, Alriac (Guest), 23-Dec-07 11:18 PM, #43
     Reply RE: Phewf, Grysh (Guest), 26-Dec-07 06:07 PM, #48
     Reply Nicely Done!, Kastellyn, 24-Dec-07 07:00 PM, #45
     Reply An one fer tha fargin pot!, Ysaloerye, 25-Dec-07 11:57 PM, #46
          Reply RE: An one fer tha fargin pot!, Grysh (Guest), 26-Dec-07 12:21 AM, #47
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #64465 Previous topic | Next topic