Subject: "RE: To bad. How come?" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62702
Show all folders

Srial (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 08:58 AM

#62736, "RE: To bad. How come?"

Well, a few reasons.

1) This was my first (well second) character back after a 6 year absence. I thought it would be a learning charcater, it wasn't. I just always loved the Empire cabal, and figured I could do that while learning. But cutting myself off from 80% of the playerbase who was my enemies, plus Empire rp, plus my inexperience meant I was levelling in the same areas I did 6 years ago. I used the same weapons I did 6 years ago. I didn't know anything more then I did 6 years ago, and I was seirously outclassed and outgeared against anyone I fought. My enemies wouldn't talk to me, and I couldn't find the rp to ask for much help from my 'friends'.

2) I burnt out in my 30's, because that was the time of the 6 bored hero fortress who had nothing better to do then take the codex. There were days when I literally would log in for what I planned to be a 2 hour stint, and I'd spend 1:45 of it watching our codex be taken (our inner guardians are cannon fodder, btw) and retriving while 2 hero paladins laughed at me while they sanced and healed the maran. If I didn't retrieve I'd have to hear constant whining from the inner guardians asking why we didn't have the codex (um...because 4 of you couldn't stop a hero warrior and invoker pair who couldn't even heal?) Hell, I watched a faeire dragon take out two of them once. I didn't mind being solo...but that was just silly.

3) I just don't have the experience to be a good assassin. So many times I'd be stalking someone, have 6-7 stalks going, and they'd start moving. I'd follow and they'd make a turn and woosh, they were gone and I couldn't find them. I had no idea where goodies levelled up in the 40's. I couldn't even guess where they might be, much less find them. I could have 9 people in my pk range I could stalk, and I'd spend 20 minutes and couldn't find a single one sometimes.

Basically, I need a better explore charatcer, and spend more time just learning the world and where to find gear and hunting grounds.

I'll probably be back one day, we'll see.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Srial the Entrance to Owaza, Elite I... [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 15-Oct-07 11:28 AM
Reply To bad. How come?, Batu (Guest), 16-Oct-07 03:33 AM, #1
     Reply RE: To bad. How come?, Srial (Guest), 16-Oct-07 08:58 AM #2
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62702 Previous topic | Next topic