Subject: "RE: Also" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57582
Show all folders

DaevrynTue 24-Apr-07 12:02 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#57647, "RE: Also"

I think you'll see a lot of this in your PBF, and I can't imagine that someone won't buy it. Basically, most of the snide comments you have are from me, and most of the XP you were awarded was also from me, so. Love and hate.

I really thought the RP of this character was good in general, although as you say, dealing with some people your temper got the better of you and that was what it was.

As far as your level 36-ish period went, on one hand, I had to like that despite you not having a lot in the way of preps going (at that point) you were taking a human A-P out and beating people down, where we hadn't seen a lot of success with anything but duergar or fire in a while. On the other hand, the flipside to that is that it felt like you were playing really really conservatively (even by A-P protecting an unholy standards) to do it. That's not something that's horrible exactly so much as, watching fights and seeing the rise and fall of a character you hope to see them taking on a couple people and winning, or going after that one tough guy and bringing him down. Nuloh in that era was more like "Nuloh finds a single terrible player who might be worth 1 charge if he's lucky, and kills him one on one" x100, seeming to give tougher opponents or multiple bad opponents a wide berth. It definitely worked for you up to a point, but I couldn't get too excited about watching it.

I had mixed feelings about you trying to take more of a leadership role as a Vindicator and you'll see good and bad from me in the list there as well.

I think the biggest piece of advice I would give you is to just never post on the forums with an active character. Because of your generally consistent RP and speech, initially, when I'd see (for example) you giving someone #### for something you yourself did, or calling someone a coward even though their play was much riskier than yours, I assumed it was part of your cool evil RP. I think most evil characters probably would realistically be blind to a lot of their own flaws and failings. But, later in Nuloh's life, I'd see you posting (and maybe this is just player frustration leaking out, I couldn't say) and I'd feel like... wow, this player really does think (for example) Tallanalas is a huge coward because he won't charge into Nuloh's gang of three PCs + a decent pile of mobs and die, even though Nuloh would never intentionally get into a fight with even half that much risk. There's just no way something like that could help but make Nuloh and his RP seem that much less cool.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Nuloh the Fist of Darkness, Vindic... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 22-Apr-07 10:08 PM
Reply Few goodbyes, Nuloh (Guest), 23-Apr-07 01:54 PM, #11
Reply That was a good time..., Hunsobo (Guest), 23-Apr-07 02:49 PM, #12
Reply Every time you would log in it would be let's kill some..., Lucury (Guest), 23-Apr-07 04:13 PM, #14
Reply RE: Few goodbyes, Vessit (Guest), 23-Apr-07 05:20 PM, #15
Reply RE: Few goodbyes, Toramok (Guest), 23-Apr-07 05:44 PM, #16
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Nuloh the Fist of Darkness, Vi..., Chesa (Guest), 23-Apr-07 09:29 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Nuloh the Fist of Darkness, Vi..., Bawgor (Guest), 23-Apr-07 12:11 AM, #8
Reply I hated this character and really enjoyed him all at on..., Guy (Guest), 22-Apr-07 11:54 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Nuloh the Fist of Darkness, Vi..., Isabaeux (Guest), 22-Apr-07 11:04 PM, #4
Reply Man, the timing., Daevryn, 22-Apr-07 10:51 PM, #2
Reply RE: Man, the timing., Nuloh (Guest), 22-Apr-07 11:01 PM, #3
Reply Also, Nuloh (Guest), 22-Apr-07 11:10 PM, #5
Reply RE: Also, Theroc (Guest), 23-Apr-07 08:28 AM, #9
Reply RE: Also, Nuloh (Guest), 23-Apr-07 03:20 PM, #13
     Reply Asked the wrong thief. Doh. Sokde started it!, Sokde (Guest), 24-Apr-07 06:40 AM, #17
Reply RE: Also, Daevryn, 24-Apr-07 12:02 PM #19
Reply You mean like the time I killed you, Tallanalas (Guest), 22-Apr-07 11:16 PM, #6
Reply RE: Man, the timing., Daevryn, 24-Apr-07 11:47 AM, #18
Reply Aside: Re: Iia and Reaping the Meek, Daevryn, 29-Apr-07 03:29 PM, #20
     Reply Why you being so hard on these guys?, Jhyrbian, 30-Apr-07 06:20 AM, #21
          Reply What is this ####ing amulet I keep reading about?, Pro-man (Guest), 30-Apr-07 07:43 PM, #22
               Reply Nothing special, N b M (Guest), 30-Apr-07 09:14 PM, #23
                    Reply RE: Nothing special, Daevryn, 30-Apr-07 09:47 PM, #24
                         Reply P.S, Jhyrbian, 01-May-07 02:23 PM, #25
                              Reply RE: P.S, Daevryn, 01-May-07 09:48 PM, #26
Reply I knew this was coming., Maethron (Guest), 22-Apr-07 10:45 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #57582 Previous topic | Next topic