Subject: "Goodbyes and such" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29266
Show all folders

Umalilath (Guest)Tue 20-Jul-04 09:18 PM

#29427, "Goodbyes and such"

I rolled this char a long time back and I think he lasted more than a year. Umalilath was my second gnome invoker I pretty much knew what I was doing. I racked up tons of kills including some big names.
In the time span I played this char I traveled with lots of different people, many which I've most likely forgotten, but I'll try to write what I thought about the few that I remember.

Imm:

Lyristeon - Your religion is fun to follow and at the same time unique. I had lots of fun interacting with you and your followers. Thanks for the tat and the interactions.

Tribunal:

Wished some of you would come out of town to fight more. Manacles is a strong power to deal with mages, but many of you got dependant on it and outside of town you were like fish out of water. Had lots of good
fights with some of you both inside of out of town.

Daemar - I got a good laugh out of you bowing to me and eating dirt and to get amathylar back.

Grurk - I did not have a tiamat mail when you were vindicator which made you a tough foe with those crushing axes and guards. BTW I found a mob in akan castle called "Gruk" all chained up in manacles in
one of the cells. Thought that was ironic.

Lemath - You're forms were pretty useless against me, but then provost got the guard upgrade. Those guards were pretty damn tough for me to fight because they would always get a big opening round on me.

Kaplanov - I really thought you would get Provost when Lemath died. You would be one of the only tribunals on during the tough times eatting up geysers and such and still fighting.

Odrirg - Never really feared you at all. I put you in quicksand and cursed you a couple times to make you think twice about coming at me.

Alarian - You must know Velkurah or something. That time I was in town for over 20 minutes by myself and you were too afraid to come out of the guild and fight me because no other tribunals were on at the
time. There's far more deserving players for the Justiciar position in the cabal.

Optomkiptum and Lochzan(empowered) - That trap you two fell into was classic. I almost couldn't believe it when I saw you both (Rigid). Made for a nice regear also.

Oblain, Zakotel, and Nimuray - That was a nice fight on Eastern with you three vs Rogumath and I.

Gurden and Terop - You two always got hit hard when town got attacked, but you would stick through it and not log off.

Manden - Good luck with Provost, although you seemed afraid to come out of the spire even when tribunal was in power.

Empire:

Although I fought and killed tons of Imperials, not many were impressive. A lot of Imperials abuse the quit command when they're being hunted actively. This problem doesn't really happen with other cabals leading me to believe there's poor Immortal oversight
for a cabal of this size. I did enjoy the fights with the Imperials that would stick it out and fight no matter what.

Blitzenturt - Very slippery with usually Quevea following you around like a puppy.

Grottimgesh - 24 hours deafen from that item you had made me think twice about attacking you. I would locate it to see if you had it when you were on.

Kardok - That time I hit you with those iceshards on eastern was just brutal. I was trying to sneak up on you then I saw you sleeping on the road. I should have set down quicksand first but I was too anxious to see iceshards on a sleeping fire giant with no
resist cold item.

Hilpor - I remember this char because you were one of the few Imperials I could count on to be walking around alone hunting when lots of other Imperials were on in gangs.

Imperial healers - Black sanc and the elemental resistances they could grant made the battles a lot tougher for me. Everytime one of you logged on, it would greatly tip the power to empire.

Battle:

I picked on non flying ragers a lot by setting up quicksand traps on eastern and waiting for them. The cloud giant ragers I usually waited till they were far from the village to attack. I liked the village under Zhelrantix the best. There was a lot of villagers to fight back then. Then when Jinroh got leader, for a while this cabal almost completely disappeared, but it's good to see some people trying
hard to bring it back.

Iborenn - I would see you on fighting alone when tons of foes were on. Everytime I would set quicksand for someone else on eastern you would end up in it though.

Elijsie and Adgrizn - Tiger claw kept me at bay during that long attempted raid. Good job defending.

Villager dagger specs - hurl throat is really annoying for mages especially combined with village powers.

Scion:

Didn't really travel with you much despite what some people think. I did group with a couple of scions but probably only once or twice with the same one. I think I killed a few too.

Zytanesis - We only traveled twice but the damage the healer and voker combo did to the tribunals and imperials got people talking.

Kungruk - Only saw you once or twice, but you were a tough warrior. I only helped you with Celebrimor that time in Galadon, then I sat back and watched you beat off the rest of that gang easily.

Outlander:

All of you were good allies, although I wished some of you would be more aggressive. Thanks for the backup when I needed it.

Malkhar - You were a tough well played ranger I could count on to always want to fight.

Crerigord - You had two nice forms to work with for a defensive/defensive shifter. Defensive shifters and vokers are always a good team.

Delromsin - You had the same forms as Crerigord. I enjoyed the times we attacked town where you would go in first and get the tribs all distracted before I came in firing geysers.

Farzelkep - Druids are pretty tough especially during the full moon. It's a shame we didn't get to travel more.

Craynath - Shaman Outlander is like a strong combo,
didn't see much of you lately though.

Maran:

I helped you versus the Imperials a lot and got help in return. When your captain wrote that note for you to attack me, I was actually looking forward to fighting some of you. I'm sure the fights would've been interesting, but he died so fast and no one took him up on his note.

Skallgrim - We slayed Tiamat tons of times, thanks for the help.

Golron - You would be on fighting even when the odds were insane. A shame we didn't travel more and good job on getting marshall.

Celebrimor - I would have loved to see what you could do against a neutral voker. Paladins fighting neutral vokers don't do so well.

Brordadan - I was going to break out the curse scrolls and earthbind rods along with other toys on you soon, but then we made peace after the captain died.

Others:

Zilraeth - A tough warrior I could count on for just about anything. You were a great ally at the end, but it's a shame we didn't get to fight together more. Keep at it.

Reazfizir - Hope you find what you're looking for. When you were talking about aging before we headed down to aran'gird, I said to myself I wonder who's going to drop first.

Onaryn - Didn't realize you were going for redemption when I grouped you while I had scions with me. Hope you don't give up on it though.

Lorhan Paladins - Was an interesting thing you had going about fighting me to avenge Lyristeon killing Lorhan, but then you stopped.

The Delar-Tol group - Don't remember the names, but that time we went down exploring, the bard died all the way at the bottom and we had to make it back up without healing was really fun.

P.S. There's a lot of gaps in the time of the people I named in this post, but it's hard remembering since I think I rolled this char in June 2003. So if I forgot don't feel bad, my memory is ####.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(AGE DEATH) [None] Umalilath the Weaver of the Elements... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 17-Jul-04 09:46 AM
Reply Goodbyes and such, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:18 PM #5
Reply Fighting tribs outta town, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:28 PM, #6
Reply Power of Iceneedles, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:31 PM, #7
Reply Power of Lightning, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:34 PM, #8
Reply Mages take on village, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:38 PM, #9
Reply 3 on 2, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:41 PM, #10
Reply Typical solo fight, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:47 PM, #11
Reply 3 on 3 tribs, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:49 PM, #12
Reply Powering through Imperials at cents, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:51 PM, #13
Reply Cutting it close, Umalilath (Guest), 20-Jul-04 09:56 PM, #14
Reply I was looking forward to it too., Vladamir, 20-Jul-04 10:21 PM, #15
Reply Always a good invoker, Elijsie (Guest), 21-Jul-04 02:09 AM, #16
Reply Good Fights., Grurk Muouk, 21-Jul-04 06:35 AM, #17
Reply RE: Goodbyes and such, Lyristeon, 21-Jul-04 07:09 AM, #18
Reply RE: Goodbyes and such, Drox (Guest), 21-Jul-04 11:19 AM, #19
Reply Akk why you die first, Reazaifr (Guest), 23-Jul-04 11:38 AM, #20
Reply The only other invoker I feared, Iborenn (Guest), 19-Jul-04 07:56 AM, #4
Reply Boy am I glad you're gone, Odrirg (Guest), 18-Jul-04 06:58 PM, #3
Reply well it was about time!, Crerigord (Guest), 18-Jul-04 06:50 PM, #2
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Umalilath the Weaver of the Elem..., Farzelkep (Guest), 18-Jul-04 05:56 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29266 Previous topic | Next topic