Subject: "FYI: regarding your griping." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26094
Show all folders

Kwalin (Guest)Fri 09-Apr-04 02:16 AM

#26108, "FYI: regarding your griping."

I seem to recall you were griping about a lack of immortal driven rp opportunities that were present while you played Kazadan. I just wanted to say that counting on immortals in - any - cabal on - any - mud to be pushing the rp along all the time is just unrealistic. Often the best roleplay you will find will be both player initiated and player maintained. I know I have had a lot of great roleplay and character development that was totally devoid of immortal interference. You can do it!

Also regarding your comments about scions not getting anywhere along the lines of bringing doom upon the land.... have you done any exploring lately? I have, and I have seen a lot of evidence of scion related work at hand in multiple areas, especially new ones. The results were not pretty. I'd say that sort of destruction is probably the closest you're likely or should expect to find short of some staged rp event before they shut the mud down or something. I did and am continuing to have a lot of fun finding new... "things"... to do and read in these areas. I urge you to try exploring more with your next scion. The helpfile says:

To a Scion, the word "forbidden" holds no meaning, for they realize that their stab for power will require any and all methods at hand. Masters of manipulation, cunning scholars of the ancient, they are said to lurk in every shadow, keepers of secrets most would dread to read

investigation into these things is practically an unspoken duty and I had a lot of fun doing it. The only cabals that I noticed that really competed with scion in regard to their themes being incorporated into areas were battle and empire with scion being more prevalent than both if you really looked.

I am not saying all this with intent to knock you down or ridicule you but rather to inspire you to explore a part of the game that you may have been neglecting. I hope you're still playing the game and having fun while you're at it. Thanks for the props and all the best to you and yours.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DELETED) [SCION] Kwalin the Weaver of the Elements [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 08-Apr-04 07:24 AM
Reply And so it ends., Kwalin (Guest), 08-Apr-04 08:20 PM, #2
Reply Yay! I got the longest paragraph!, Mekantos, 09-Apr-04 12:31 AM, #4
Reply RE: And so it ends., Kazadan (Guest), 09-Apr-04 01:19 AM, #5
Reply FYI: regarding your griping., Kwalin (Guest), 09-Apr-04 02:16 AM #6
     Reply I know my expectations are fairly high for any mud, Kazadan (Guest), 09-Apr-04 03:48 AM, #7
Reply Muahahaha, Rom (Guest), 09-Apr-04 04:16 AM, #8
Reply You were something different., Felar Serpent (Guest), 09-Apr-04 05:50 AM, #9
Reply RE: And so it ends., Vex (Guest), 09-Apr-04 12:29 PM, #10
Reply Farewell Kwalin, Vorondel (Guest), 09-Apr-04 03:28 PM, #11
Reply I'd hoped to see you again, Baendraa (Guest), 08-Apr-04 08:35 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I'd hoped to see you again, Kwalin (Guest), 08-Apr-04 08:26 PM, #3
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #26094 Previous topic | Next topic