Subject: "I suppose I'll post my goodbyes, such as they are." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25256
Show all folders

LaearristFri 05-Mar-04 09:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
289 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#25263, "I suppose I'll post my goodbyes, such as they are."

Well the point of this character was to try another villager, and I had fun for the most part, but somewhere along the line I lost the will to reequip, and so died a lot an basically lost interest. If I spell anyones name wrong... well #### off I'm bad with names.

I didn't write a role for Marballa, but anyone that talked with her I'm sure basically understood what her deal was.

Village:

Jinroh: Marballa had mixed feelings about you. You were/are obviously a strong character, but she felt your overdeveloped sense of honor hurt the village. From and OOC standpoint, doubleblock is REALLY nice when trying to hero a rager, and having a defender who is unwilling to group to rank, while solid rp, just sucks.

Vexoffesz: Marballa liked you alot, probably because you were the closest, racially, of anyone in the village. She was going to teach to a lesson about calling the female gender the weaker sex (in our interview notes) but I (the player) basically didn't care that much. I did think that was a little weird coming from a drow, since most fantasy have them with a female dominated society, but I'll chalk that up to poor racial identity for CF drow. Also I think your spec/legacy combo was the ultimate in pimp.

Ranak: One of my pledges (stupidest policy ever IMHO) Marballa had a special place in her heart for you, and it's obvious you know what your doing. From a player's standpoint, I knew you'd do well, which is why Marballa decided to pledge you even after you made a poor first choice for mentor.

Betraal: Heh you bugged the #### out of me to get me to be your mentor, but Marballa and you got along well, much better than she got along with most of the village duergar. I like your spec combo and think you will do sick things with it if you stick it out.

Rahno: Marballa hated you, we already touched on this.

Zhelrantix: Marballa saw you very little, and she wasn't sure what to think during the induction interview. As a player, when someone asks "Name past commanders" what I hear is "How many villagers have you played?" but that might not be what you were trying to do.

Zylundak: Liked you, Marballa was real sad when you died, even though we didn't interact much, I had fond memories from previous characters.

Hrejial: Marballa felt kind of sorry for you, especially since you were obviously intelligent, but expressing yourself as a minotaur is tough. She was VERY annoyed by villagers who couldn't figure out what you were saying (basically she didn't like stupid people), but she wanted to joke with you about it, which didn't go over so well the one time she tried.

Jarsharlax: By being Rahno's pledge you would have had to go a long way for Marballa to like you. You didn't. She hated you almost as much as she hated Rahno, and when you got Elder, she was even more pissed, which is why I chose to fight you instead of Ranak for getting back into the village. She really wanted to kill you, and saw it as a great opportunity to do so. Had you not resisted I think she would have won the fight, but ce la vie.

Aryawk/Vronwei: Marballa liked both of your characters, but she always had a soft spot for those of her guild. I think it was complete #### Vronwei couldn't get back in because "you've died more than you've killed" especially since I'm almost 100% positive Marballa had a less than 50% ratio.

Empire:

Dryzzel: Had some good fights, had some lopsided fights (on your end) but overall Marballa had some respect for you, and I hope it went both ways.

Naaj(?) Imperial High Priest: Marballa really hated you, but the matchup wasn't a particularly good one for her. I wish I'd have gotten you on the ocean that one time, especially since I ran out of mv 1 square from the healer. As a player, much respect, I think you have a solid char.

Carrick: Marballa thought you were a ####. I don't think much better of you, but I do understand the thief mentantility a little, so I have some sympathy. Thanks for reminding me why I don't play thieves.

Tribunal:

Optomkiptum: I don't care what you say, you should have AT LEAST lost your justiciar position for a while for attacking me in town. The only reason Marballa pursued it was because she wanted you without the protection of the Spire, for easier killings, but as a player I think the imms were way too lax on that. I understand it wasn't on purpose, I understand it wouldn't have happened had I not been a rager, but a death and loss of weapons is utter ####, especially considering what ragers had to deal with (getting booted well, just because). Other than that instance, I think you do a good job, even though the spire has really been pissing me off of late.

Odrirg: How you remain a goodie is beyond my comprehension. Coming to the village to hunt Marballa because she's an "agent of Chaos" while standing beside imperials and not doing anything but continuing to pursue me is poor, but obviously my opinion isn't the one that counts. Also, the time we fought and you blamed me causing you to flee on me thirsting was...well... weak... I was in no danger of dying there, and that had nothing to do with thirst.

Scion:

Illivara: Your the only one I fought, and you kicked the #### out of me. New respect for evil conjurers, especially you. Marballa was scared of you (which I'm sure you'll like hearing) although I'm sure she wouldn't admit it.

Independants:

Woopooga: We had a couple of good fights, and a couple of bad fights. Marballa felt mostly pity toward you, and I think your char is very cool, and an interesting take on the failed villager. The only time I was dissapointed from an rp standpoint was when you sat on the outskirt of Hamsah with a duo'd trannie when you knew I was only a few steps west on Eastern. From what I understand of your char, you shouldn't have been that patient, but in reality it was a minor thing, and overall I enjoyed our interactions. You can pincer me to death all you want, but that fight I posted had mad style.

Imms:

Ordasen: Umm I think you botched it big time. Marballa held just enough respect for you (read: respected your ability to essentially ruin her life) to follow the rule of the village as she saw them. When she talked to you and you said something to the affect of "You act as if proving you should be a villager is beneath you." I wanted to tell you hell yes it is, but didn't because I'm sure it've ended badly. In the end Marballa felt like she was being asked to prove, by jumping through some hoops like a trained animal, that which she'd been doing all along. Getting re-interviewed to get back in was a waste of her time, and quite frankly a waste of mine. It's not hard to answer the questions right, but if you'd been watching the character (which, granted I wasn't playing as much at the time) you would already know if someone deserved to be in or out.

Drunsthol: Handled internally... yea whatever.

Well I think that's about it. If I forgot ya, let me know, I'll get back to you.

*signed in a shadowy script*
Marball ShadowDancer

p.s. Pissed I didn't get my last name...

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Marballa the Learned of Owaza [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 05-Mar-04 02:16 PM
Reply I suppose I'll post my goodbyes, such as they are., Laearrist, 05-Mar-04 09:35 PM #1
     Reply Well humph., Jinroh (Guest), 05-Mar-04 11:49 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I suppose I'll post my goodbyes, such as they are., Vex (Guest), 06-Mar-04 12:34 AM, #3
     Reply No love for Ajoal? :P -nt, jaynus, 06-Mar-04 03:17 AM, #4
     Reply Sorry, knew I'd forget someone., Laearrist, 06-Mar-04 01:47 PM, #5
     Reply No love for Akrian either? n/t, Akrian (Guest), 07-Mar-04 08:06 PM, #6
          Reply RE: No love for Akrian either? n/t, Betraal (Guest), 07-Mar-04 09:33 PM, #7
          Reply Bah! I said nothing of the sort., Laearrist, 07-Mar-04 10:25 PM, #9
               Reply RE: Bah! I said nothing of the sort., Betraal (Guest), 08-Mar-04 10:59 AM, #13
          Reply RE: No love for Akrian either? n/t, Laearrist, 07-Mar-04 09:39 PM, #8
     Reply Props, Dryzzel, 07-Mar-04 10:53 PM, #10
     Reply Her, and yes you did win all the others. nt, Laearrist, 08-Mar-04 01:07 AM, #11
     Reply Yup, Vronwei (Guest), 08-Mar-04 04:21 AM, #12
     Reply Hrmm I don't recall saying there was a specific reason...., Laearrist, 08-Mar-04 11:20 AM, #14
          Reply RE: Hrmm I don't recall saying there was a specific rea..., Vronwei (Guest), 08-Mar-04 07:39 PM, #15
     Reply Well my 10 cents worth, Karsus (Guest), 11-Mar-04 08:12 PM, #16
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #25256 Previous topic | Next topic