Subject: "Quite the story" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23196
Show all folders

Uncle Oblain (Guest)Sun 04-Jan-04 03:15 AM

#23326, "Quite the story"

I'm not going to justify as in justify, I'll merely state all the things that went through my head while I played Oblain.

I started Oblain after a 3 month break and played a cloud warrior because the last experience I had was really really fun.
Aurekrionh did well with fist and trapping and heralded a whole new breed but at a later point of time I realised it wasn't so grant and shifted to perma bash (order all rescue and bash bash bash) but the legacy got tweaked and didn't work well for most.

I'll shed my views on a few things.

Firstly the whole Indian perma things-

I didn't know there were so many twelve year olds out there. Socherion was 220 hours old I was 600+ hours old. I was a hero when he hadn't even begun his spamming, when he was a hero there were two other invokers in the spire (Blindenfrin and Ta..something elf) and then there was Kelrizza later on, so what's this all #### deal of a perma ? He must have spent no more than 25-30 hours grouped with me and for two people from the same cabal that is really normal (I've spent almost 100 hours grouped with Sheilica and Kelrizza).
He played evenings and I played mornings (he initially played mornings only so that he could rank up, since evenings don't have as much as a player base). As for the wake up when we were being raided, I'd like to see the log. He got Zhenzar and Yanacek and Ziualan to get his gearing, so I don't get any credit on that either. So to all the twelve years olds, all I can say is CHEERS, you'r doing a good job of nothingness. As for a ring, there are not cheaters and are not players enough to make a cheating ring, so stfu ? The only time we did play together was Bethrella and Quoquar, and that was when I was new and being shown about and I more often than not wilfully accept that. I played Aurekrionh, Pynona, Oblain, Altasha, Kortanlym, Frigishish, where is the 'cheating' ring gone ? I'd dare you to associate these with any other charecter, and I'd go on about it but it would just sound like justification, so nlm.

Now, back to tribunal and cf.

There were a few things I loved doing and few things I hated.

I distinctly remember when Farnsworth had deleted I flamed his post and he replied that he had no idea what I was talking about, seems I'm in a similar position.

Lets make this much clear, Drunsthol kicked out magistrates who 'mistakenly flagged people' in other words for the smallest of mistakes, so I'm pretty sure I'd be warned if I made any mistake (like I was warned when I raided the villagers and killed too many of them and took the head) So I'm sure all the rants of me misusing mypowers is ####. I did my best as a player to bring the tribunal our of dirty waters, instead of blaming that all magistrates are evil, Monduphel, you should play a goodie tribunal and try to make a mark for yourself. I attacked you because you and the paladin and the arcane were summoning evils to the river and waiting for them to float outside and the killing them, making it a cause for worry. As for your taunting and quibbling, I didn't care to reply, thus the Sounds good.

Oblains ambitions translated into rl and I feel more responsible towards life for the meantime so I shall take a six month break till I can manage a good score since I already have conditional admission from SouthHampton. I started off playing 4/5 hours a day and reduced it to 2, disciplined two hours daily.

Due to storms the lines in the city were really shaky and my connection had become really tough to deal with,so I stopped playing oblain and rolled Frigishish. Just a throw away charecter.
In a week I found myself a hero and in battle as a defender, with two good legacies and specs. My connection was not back to normal but my interest in Oblain was dull since there was a lack of immortal supervision or guidance. SO I played Frigishish another week and with the destroying of Warlocks and Nexus let himauto delete and switched to Oblain again. That was the point when I had to hide inside the guilds when Starkad came attacking since my connection gave me a 5 sec lag on each command.

Then I got to Provost, Socherion got the boot and I made it all the way to vindicator upon sheer dedication and skill (or the lack of it as some of you think).

I'm not in a mood to write much for now, but I'll post some stuff and logs onthe officials as well, later.

Till then, thanks to all the imms and players who make this game 'tolerable'.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

HOT Locked Topic(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oblain kun Quinslin the Gladiator ... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 08-Jan-04 03:28 PM
Reply Thread locked. I'm tired of the back-and-forth. (n/t), Valguarnera, 08-Jan-04 03:29 PM, #51
Reply Quite the story, Uncle Oblain (Guest), 04-Jan-04 03:15 AM #10
Reply RE: Quite the story, Kackrik (Guest), 04-Jan-04 04:15 AM, #15
Reply Heh, that would make two of us., Uncle Oblain (Guest), 06-Jan-04 12:46 AM, #38
     Reply The only reply I'm going to give you, Kackrik (Guest), 06-Jan-04 01:16 AM, #40
     Reply Ouch Kackrik!, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 06-Jan-04 07:01 PM, #47
     Reply Uhh, is THIS what you call "getting attacked at the inn..., Gargargh (Guest), 08-Jan-04 02:40 PM, #50
Reply Good times, Tichniktil (Guest), 04-Jan-04 06:30 AM, #16
Reply Great job. Ignore the detractors., Kelrizza (Guest), 04-Jan-04 10:49 AM, #18
Reply Never made mistakes..., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 10:06 PM, #20
Reply This is a horrible example of a "mistake", Kelrizza (Guest), 04-Jan-04 10:40 PM, #21
Reply I snipped out the rest of the conversation., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:10 PM, #22
     Reply Straw man. Simply ignore my bolded statement., Kelrizza (Guest), 04-Jan-04 11:12 PM, #23
     Reply RE: Straw man. Simply ignore my bolded statement., Boldereth, 04-Jan-04 11:37 PM, #24
          Reply Unfortunately..., permanewbie, 05-Jan-04 07:25 AM, #25
          Reply RE: Unfortunately..., Daurwyn (Guest), 05-Jan-04 08:34 AM, #26
          Reply I don't think the issue was really just his PKing outsi..., Vladamir, 05-Jan-04 10:28 AM, #29
          Reply RE: Unfortunately..., Boldereth, 05-Jan-04 01:07 PM, #30
          Reply RE: Unfortunately..., Uncle Oblain (Guest), 06-Jan-04 11:11 PM, #45
          Reply Related comments:, Kelrizza (Guest), 05-Jan-04 09:54 AM, #27
               Reply Because I messed up that post a little, Kelrizza (Guest), 05-Jan-04 10:04 AM, #28
               Reply RE: Because I messed up that post a little, Boldereth, 05-Jan-04 01:33 PM, #32
               Reply Har, I love that log., The Forsaken (Guest), 05-Jan-04 03:16 PM, #35
               Reply RE: Related comments:, Boldereth, 05-Jan-04 01:19 PM, #31
     Reply RE: I snipped out the rest of the conversation., Uncle Oblain (Guest), 06-Jan-04 12:51 AM, #39
Reply Hello Mr.Clueless can I help you ?, Uncle Oblain (Guest), 06-Jan-04 12:34 AM, #37
Reply This is not true..., Dugruain, 06-Jan-04 01:17 AM, #41
     Reply Hey, Oblain...., Dugruain, 06-Jan-04 10:20 AM, #43
     Reply RE: This is not true..., Uncle Oblain (Guest), 06-Jan-04 11:00 PM, #44
Reply RE: Never made mistakes..., Oblain (Guest), 07-Jan-04 02:38 AM, #46
Reply Good Luck, Nimaray (Guest), 05-Jan-04 02:14 PM, #34
Reply RE: Quite the story, Abthalok, 05-Jan-04 09:57 PM, #36
Reply Wow!, Kastellyn, 07-Jan-04 08:00 AM, #48
Reply Adios, Choranek (Anonymous), 07-Jan-04 07:48 PM, #49
Reply I guess it's over, heh, Lopner, 02-Jan-04 05:06 PM, #7
Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Oblain kun Quinslin the Gladia..., Leesah (Guest), 02-Jan-04 11:59 AM, #5
Reply Wow...., Monduphel (Guest), 02-Jan-04 09:27 AM, #4
Reply Sylvans of the north ?, Uncle Oblain (Guest), 04-Jan-04 03:23 AM, #12
     Reply well, Mond (Guest), 04-Jan-04 09:49 AM, #17
Reply Very rarely to I approve of something Vlad says but I'm..., Janitor (Guest), 02-Jan-04 01:46 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Very rarely to I approve of something Vlad says but..., Odelius, 02-Jan-04 05:56 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Very rarely to I approve of something Vlad says but..., IsildurUnReg (Guest), 02-Jan-04 05:27 PM, #8
          Reply I don't know about you but I like to earn my warrants, kas, 02-Jan-04 06:11 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Very rarely to I approve of something Vlad says but..., Boldereth, 02-Jan-04 03:51 AM, #6
     Reply When they ignore blatant abuse of cabal powers, it can ..., Vladamir, 02-Jan-04 04:39 AM, #2
          Reply RE: When they ignore blatant abuse of cabal powers, it ..., Uncle Oblain (Guest), 04-Jan-04 03:17 AM, #11
               Reply I have logs of you doing it, but it would give away who..., Vladamir, 04-Jan-04 03:50 AM, #14
                    Reply That's a great excuse! n/t, Mina, 04-Jan-04 11:23 AM, #33
                         Reply It is actually.., Bemus-ed (Guest), 04-Jan-04 08:56 PM, #19
                              Reply Well.., Mina, 06-Jan-04 07:44 AM, #42
     Reply RE: Very rarely to I approve of something Vlad says but..., Uncle Oblain (Guest), 04-Jan-04 03:29 AM, #13
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #23196 Previous topic | Next topic