Subject: "That was a good long life" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22757
Show all folders

BrotminMon 15-Dec-03 11:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
48 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#22782, "That was a good long life"

I had fun with it for quite a while, though it was starting to get boring after 400 hours, probably more because I found enemies were scarce at times than because of the character wearing thin or anything like that.

This was my first shaman, and I think I did fairly well considering how different the tactics are from anything I usually play. I tried to play it balls to the wall, usually fleeing at convulsing. As for all you practice junkies, I didn't practice anything except word, and I'd rarely put my deaths or losses down to skill failures. More often it was mistakes I made or good tactics on the other part. Amusingly enough I didn't intend to play a female, I accidentally put it in on the roller. I realized after I'd done a quest, and figured it wasn't worth the trouble of redoing it and the rolling. My role was pretty simple, I'll post it soon.

On to the farewells. Anyone I forget is purely accidental.

Immortals:

I rarely felt I was being watched, though of course I stayed in character. I'd be interested to hear what any of you thought, of course.

Scarabaeus - Thanks for empowering me and tattooing me and all. I always had a hard time figuring out just what you thought of me. I mean, you tattooed me and gave me those fun tricks and all, yet every time we talked I felt like you didn't have much confidence in me, you were just giving me a chance to fail. I would have liked to see you more, but at least you were around more than the last dormant god I followed! *chuckle*

Mekantos - Congrats on imming. We had a fun time running around while you were mortal, until things got kinda screwy with your falling out with Zaknafir. I was closer to him than you, and maybe you got pissed off that I was with him a bunch, I dunno.

Fortress:

First a comment on all of you. Most of you fought me alone often enough that I respected you. I do have to wonder though... does every warrior get handed a spear on their way in, and every paladin get granted the Faith virtue? The spears were annoyingly common and definitely have been making me wonder if the spec is the most powerful spec around now, especially with various weakenings of others. The Faith virtue just seemed way too common to be sensible, I dealt with three paladins who had it and only remember one paladin who didn't as far as I know within hero range.

Lariya - Damn you were tough. The only time I even got close to killing you was when you lost link. *chuckle* And I remember a ton of times I fled from you under 100 hp, though I don't think you ever got me. We had a few good talks, too, and I thought you saw a few points on the rest of the Fortress, anyhow.

Skallgrim - You gave me a bunch of good fights, though unlike Lariya, didn't mind having help against me. I don't think you ever got me without someone helping you, but I did get you alone, once. The long duels we had were interesting, though we both ended up running out of mana a bunch of times. Amusingly enough, you were the only one I ever got with revenants.

Tyohleib - You're still alive, aren't you? We grew up together and had some good fights. You were one of the people who made Goronik decide trying to teach the Lightblind about their blindness was about pointless. I tried, anyhow, though.

Jirash - Damn I hated you. You rarely fought me without someone else in front. Either I wasn't flying and you were trip/cheap shotting me (generally to death) or I was flying and you weren't doing much, maybe putting me to sleep or trying. I rarely found you alone. Of course, I can't really blame you, you're not exactly a warrior.

Belrhin - I know you're not in the Fortress, not even a goodie, but you might as well be both. You started on me, and you jumped in every time you saw me fight a goodie, pretty much. You claimed you'd think on what I talked about, but didn't say a thing until you helped kill me again. In fact, you didn't talk much at all. Plus, you were a cowardly bitch. Where I hated Jirash for doing what I couldn't blame him for doing, I hated you because you were a complete ass.

Scion:

Hopefully you'll get strong again soon. When Zaknafir deleted and Mekantos immed, the presence seemed to almost disappear.

Foslin - Where've you gone? We never talked much really, but we worked together a few times and you seemed pretty competant.

Battle:

I hope a cabal or a few more come soon to give you some opposition, it seems like it'd be boring to be a rager right now, and difficult to be a mage.

Thrakadan - I had an amusing time with the strange "flirting" we did. As well, you seemed damn tough.

Haljunei - Had a fun time when we worked together. You seemed to be after gear alot, but you didn't have much else to do.

Sylvan:

Goronik would have liked to fight with most of you more, but unless she raided, it was hard to find most of you.

Voronil - Had plenty of good fights with you, but you never stayed around long enough to be in real danger. Damn that dirt kick.

Nydosin - Got you a few times. You stuck around for more than most warders, though you paid for it.

Flarkle - Had some good fights with you, wish I'd known you when I had more than 6 con.

Pelthaas - Never did see much of you after that gangbang in frigid. A few more fights, but not many. Are you even still around?

Empire:

Didn't really deal with you much. Goronik believed that you were weak-willed for going into a structure that involved ranks and following orders. So she was unwilling to help you in any way. But she also believed you didn't spread the oath much and you never seemed to sustain any strength, in her view because your weak-wills would make you fall apart with infighting.

Herald:

I grew fond of running in, rotting someone, and getting booted. When I had 4 con, found I was banned from the inn after rotting Agraemas... but oh well. I sat in the Inn occassionally, but it wasn't a very important place for Goronik.

Odelius - You were helpful at times, but your style didn't work much with Goronik's. You kept asking her to come for a drink, when she was on the hunt.

Tribunal:

Rarely dealt with any of you. Goronik came to view evil tribunals as respectable because she believed they must use the law to gain for themselves, but felt the rest were foolish for protecting the weak. But in general, Tribunals weren't worth her time and blood.

Others:

Elspeth - I liked your character alot. You seemed to be fairly new to the Scarab religion, but trying constantly to learn and figure it out. The "lesbian giant" thing was something to express how lust shouldn't be seen as "wrong" no matter who it's for, and I had fun playing at it, though I wasn't trying to make it go further than joking around and stroking your head and such. Goronik saw you as a betrayer when you went for the Light, and I knew that day was probably the last shot I'd get at you. Unfortunetly you saved against rot once, and I lost concentration the other time. I only hope you're not going for the Light just because Scarab "turned you down."

Agraemas - You were, um, a good punching bag. You didn't seem to know what to do to deal with me except run. I started alot of our fights with wither, which kinda screwed you... but even so, if you'd started fights even, you'd have done alot better.

Other characters I've played include Sporial, Brotmin, and Phinitz. As Phinitz I was Flame of the Scarab, so that kinda helped me know what I was doing with the philosophy, though I felt more clear with him than with Goronik.

Anyone who wants to email is welcome to do so, at tralish@yahoo.com

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [None] Goronik the Heroine of Faith, Initiat... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sun 14-Dec-03 08:56 PM
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Goronik the Heroine of Faith, Ini..., Laearrist, 16-Dec-03 01:43 AM, #7
Reply Bah!, Laearrist, 16-Dec-03 01:46 AM, #8
Reply That was a good long life, Brotmin, 15-Dec-03 11:13 PM #4
Reply My role, Brotmin, 15-Dec-03 11:50 PM, #5
Reply RE: That was a good long life, Bad Ivan (Guest), 16-Dec-03 01:14 AM, #6
Reply RE: That was a good long life, Aeikooso (Guest), 16-Dec-03 03:17 PM, #9
Reply RE: That was a good long life, Jirash (Guest), 16-Dec-03 09:41 PM, #10
Reply RE: That was a good long life, Odelius (Guest), 16-Dec-03 11:25 PM, #11
Reply This stinks, Lariya (Guest), 17-Dec-03 01:56 AM, #12
Reply RE: That was a good long life, Leaf1 (Guest), 17-Dec-03 03:33 AM, #13
Reply I enjoyed it., Tyohleib (Guest), 17-Dec-03 06:13 AM, #14
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Goronik the Heroine of Faith, Ini..., Elspeth (Guest), 15-Dec-03 06:09 AM, #3
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Goronik the Heroine of Faith, Ini..., Thatguy, 15-Dec-03 01:40 AM, #2
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [None] Goronik the Heroine of Faith, Ini..., Dachratan (Guest), 14-Dec-03 09:01 PM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #22757 Previous topic | Next topic