Subject: "The only thing I've lost is you, and I don't much care that you're gone..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19553
Show all folders

FalstaffWed 23-Jul-03 11:51 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#19672, "The only thing I've lost is you, and I don't much care that you're gone..."

For whatever reason, I'm going to give this one last try. If you don't understand roleplaying at that point, so be it.

You said:"Like Forsaken said up there, you are having problems seeing the difference anymore between roleplaying a character and having fun as a player/enjoying the game alongside the other players. Which doesn't exactly sound healthy to me."

I am not Zepachu. The Forsaken never responded to me. If you're referring to Foraken, he never said anything like what you're stating. Read his post again.

"I just hope you don't end up shooting a person outside and expecting his ghost to come back for his clothes five minutes later."

Ummm, huh? Where the heck did this come from? What part of taking equipment off a dead character in game has to do with me going postal? You're so far offbase at this point I'm not sure I should bother going forward, but what the hell. it's been a slow night.

" This is a game. A game with restricted playerkilling."

Agreed

" That means that you have a set of fine items that are limited in their numbers, and if you want them you have to kill the one that has them for it. This is called looting, and is something I fully agree with."

Ok, no problems so far...

" But sacrificing every single thing on a corpse however has nothing to do with IC or your character's roleplaying. *Nothing*."

Oooohhh, looks like he hit the whammy (dated gameshow reference). Ok, follow the bouncing ball. I'm an elf. You're an orc. I off your orc. Why would I leave anything for you? Why would I want you to have it easy coming after me/other elves/other goodies? Please keep your reasons or lack thereof restricted to IC responses. "Because I as a player am a swell guy" isn't an acceptable response.

" The fact that they come back even after you dismembered every single one of their limbs is a result of pure game mechanics. "

Agreed.

"The fact that good-alligned players ruthlessly slaughter even neutral mobs for nothing but a piece of cloth is a result of pure game mechanics."

They really shouldn't be, but I'll agree with you here. True good-aligned characters, for the most part, shouldn't be offing neutral mobs willy nilly. I'll admit that it happens though.

" The fact that the mobs keep returning in the first place is a result of pure game mechanics. There is no IC value or IC meaning to this to begin with. It's not part of your character's life, it's part of the GAME. "

Yes and no. Certain game mechanics, according to Imms, are known to the characters IC. Those with identify for a spell, things like that. Your characters are aware of the interesting form of reincarnation present in Thera. If my character knows you're coming back after weapons/armor/etc to use on me why would he/she/it leave them? Still waiting on you to answer this one.

"The way you are actually suggesting it would mean that we all should start including in our roles and roleplaying the fact that all the mobs we kill in our character's lifetimes always come back. Again. Exactly like they were before. And again. And again. And again. Endlessly. "

To some extent you do. When you've cleaned out an area for ranking purposes, do you move somewhere different assuming that the area you were in will never repopulate? Somehow I doubt that. It does affect the way you play your character. If not, I'd be interested to know who you've played. I call BS before you even name one.

"And when we do run into them after all that, they greet us with that warm smile again or ask us 'What will you have?'."

Now here's the game mechanics peeking through.

"Looting a player you've killed is nothing but your just reward for a job well done. "

Agreed.

"Full-saccing even equipment that is of lesser value and of no use to your character because 'he's going to get re-incarnated soon and will slay even more of my friends/those who I must protect (who actually keep returning non-stop as well) is the logic of someone whose begin to lose his grip on reality."

Ok, Listen to me very carefully. I am fully aware that Thera is a pretend, sometimes annoying, text based world. A neat one, but pretend all the same.

Given that, when I roleplay in CF I'm trying to react as my character would in the given situation. If my aforementioned elf sees an orc killing other elves, he's going to react. He's then going to do everything in his power to make sure that orc can't do it again anytime soon.

Now I admit I mitigate that a bit. I don't have my character stand at people's pits waiting on them to unghost. I don't let my character hunt people I've killed recently, unless they are dumb and come up to me talking #### or otherwise ask for it.

Read help OOC sometime. It starts out, "As a roleplaying game, Carrion Fields requires that you remain IC (In Character) at all times." Read the whole thing. Then come back here, and explain to me why the aforementioned elf would help an orc out in any way whatsoever. Yes, I see leaving the orc his gear a way of helping him. IC, our characters are aware of the reincarnation of our enemies and ourselves. There's seldom a reason to help an enemy out, though they do exist. Come back here and reply when you can figure out the difference between your OOC reaction and your IC one. Yes, there is a difference. From your posts, I'm starting to think you can't see that.

"Forsaken was right. You really are a freak."

Point out where Forsaken said that. Really, learn to read. I refer to my earlier post wherein I stated I don't give a damn what you think of me. I don't know you, and have no real reason to want to. *shrug*

-Falstaff

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [WARLOCK] Seflirn the Grand Master of Changel... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 26-Jul-03 01:35 PM
Reply Sorry, Chasillia AKA X (Guest), 27-Jul-03 12:47 AM, #57
Reply Yeah, I'm out again., Seflirn (Guest), 21-Jul-03 05:23 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out again., Karithia, 21-Jul-03 07:55 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out again., Lightmaged (Guest), 21-Jul-03 10:01 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out again., Rjezrit (Guest), 22-Jul-03 09:44 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out again., Karithia, 22-Jul-03 04:46 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out again., DC (Guest), 22-Jul-03 03:02 PM, #6
     Reply I'd knock Karithia and Chasillia both., The Forsaken (Guest), 22-Jul-03 03:14 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out again., Karithia, 22-Jul-03 04:41 PM, #10
          Reply Hrm, perhaps patience might pay off for me..., Carth (Guest), 22-Jul-03 05:54 PM, #14
               Reply RE: Hrm, perhaps patience might pay off for me..., Karithia, 22-Jul-03 06:23 PM, #15
                    Reply In closing, then:, Carth (Guest), 22-Jul-03 07:37 PM, #19
     Reply Well...., Carth (Guest), 22-Jul-03 04:06 PM, #8
          Reply RE: Well...., Karithia, 22-Jul-03 04:53 PM, #12
               Reply RE: Well...., Good hater (Guest), 22-Jul-03 07:53 PM, #23
     Reply Seems you succeeded where I screwed up. Well done pal...., Itaeapheqim (Guest), 22-Jul-03 08:54 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Seems you succeeded where I screwed up. Well done ..., Karithia, 22-Jul-03 04:57 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Seems you succeeded where I screwed up. Well done ..., Pheqim (Guest), 22-Jul-03 07:17 PM, #18
               Reply If I had read this..., Carth (Guest), 22-Jul-03 07:40 PM, #20
     Reply sigh, seakrou (Guest), 22-Jul-03 04:26 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out again., Warlock Maran (Guest), 22-Jul-03 06:53 PM, #16
     Reply You missed the point..., Carth (Guest), 22-Jul-03 07:44 PM, #21
          Reply RE: You missed the point..., Warlock Maran (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:11 PM, #40
     Reply on warlocks, Anonymouse (Guest), 22-Jul-03 06:53 PM, #17
     Reply Ugh, another response..., Carth (Guest), 22-Jul-03 07:46 PM, #22
          Reply and obviously you missed my point, Anonymouse (Guest), 22-Jul-03 07:56 PM, #24
               Reply Very well..., Carth (Guest), 22-Jul-03 08:58 PM, #25
     Reply RE: Yeah, I'm out again., permanewbie, 22-Jul-03 07:50 PM, #26
     Reply heh., ATK, 23-Jul-03 03:35 AM, #27
          Reply RE: Full looting and morals:, Valguarnera, 23-Jul-03 11:44 AM, #28
               Reply RE: Full looting and morals:, Enbuergo1 (Guest), 23-Jul-03 04:08 PM, #29
               Reply Why?, Zepachu, 23-Jul-03 04:36 PM, #30
               Reply Re:, The Forsaken (Guest), 23-Jul-03 04:43 PM, #31
               Reply Well., Zepachu, 23-Jul-03 05:17 PM, #34
               Reply Uh., The Forsaken (Guest), 23-Jul-03 05:45 PM, #36
               Reply Take a deep breath. Let me present this from a differe..., Falstaff, 23-Jul-03 05:47 PM, #37
                    Reply Re:, Foraken (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:06 PM, #38
                         Reply Let me see if I understand you, here., Falstaff, 23-Jul-03 06:31 PM, #41
                              Reply It's true., Brunik (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:36 PM, #42
                              Reply Seperate your character from yourself. IC, do what the..., Try this once (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:38 PM, #43
                              Reply In other words,, Brunik (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:41 PM, #45
                                   Reply Ok, I'm going to try this one more time...., Me again (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:56 PM, #47
                                        Reply You are starting to lose it buddy. Seriously., Brunik (Guest), 23-Jul-03 07:20 PM, #50
                                             Reply The only thing I've lost is you, and I don't much care ..., Falstaff, 23-Jul-03 11:51 PM #53
                                                  Reply No, you are wrong. And it really is that simple., Brunik (Guest), 25-Jul-03 12:20 PM, #55
                              Reply Err., Brunik (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:39 PM, #44
                              Reply RE: OOC v. IC, Balrahd. (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:44 PM, #46
                                   Reply 2 pts. Looks like we have a replacement for Kobe., Carth (Guest), 23-Jul-03 07:05 PM, #49
               Reply hmm, not always, Daurwyn (Guest), 23-Jul-03 06:08 PM, #39
                    Reply You, sanely, make a good point., Zepachu, 23-Jul-03 07:59 PM, #52
                    Reply There's a bit of a difference there., Falstaff, 24-Jul-03 12:01 AM, #54
               Reply Right on the money. (n/t), Brunik (Guest), 23-Jul-03 05:31 PM, #35
               Reply RE: Why?, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 23-Jul-03 05:02 PM, #32
                    Reply I have no idea if that's a compliment or not. (n.txt), Zepachu, 23-Jul-03 05:14 PM, #33
               Reply RE: Full looting and morals:, Valguarnera, 23-Jul-03 11:02 PM, #56
               Reply I almost wonder..., Carth (Guest), 23-Jul-03 07:01 PM, #48
                    Reply My reply was to ATK's post. (n/t), Valguarnera, 23-Jul-03 11:06 PM, #51
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19553 Previous topic | Next topic