Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19337
Show all folders

Faeras. (Guest)Fri 18-Jul-03 02:46 PM

#19357, "RE: Goodbyes (partial list):"

GOODBYES:
(partial list):

Faeras the Blade, early years:
I don't think I died a single PK until I passed 40, and then I hit a wall. Every login I faced 15-to-1 odds, at least. No joke. Even worse, I faced an improved invisible Gherian with a can full of immolation whoopass. I watched everyone around me delete, and the range only seemed to get worse. I could have deleted, but I decided right then that I would outlast those "good-align fully-decked gang-banging bastards", build an army of Imperials, and make them afraid to log in before checking their range with a level one gnome invoker. Unfortunately, the most Imperials I ever had in range were maybe 5 or 6, not quite as large an army as the old days of Empire, but enough to get the good aligns to stay logged off for a little while. I really wanted some of them to face 15-1, though.

Onglaurst:
The most depressing week of my CF career was being stuck at Bloodoath while Wilhath and Knipit were promoted to Citizen -- no exaggeration. It was fun roleplaying with you, and your presence was sorely missed in the later years. I actually liked the minotaur-speak.

Zulg and Khasotholas:
Never interacted. I would have liked to, though.

Shrizhiel:
It was a blast. You didn't stay with Empire for long. I can understand why, but I think you would have hit it off with Navarro and maybe the two of you would have kept one another from deleting.

Knipit & Wilhath:
Said everything in your goodbyes, I think. I wish Wilhath had held on another week, though. Hmm. Maybe another two weeks.

Knipit:
You were ambitious, but you deleted too soon. In my mind, cabal leadership means the responsibility to stick it out no matter what. There's not much glory to it - it's just a way to "give back" to the enjoyment of the game. It's sort of like putting your own enjoyment on hold. The issue I was going to say in your goodbye is that a lot of your Oaths were ill prepared and seemed questionable decisions. Onglaurst told me early on not to Oath someone unless I thought they had the same promise I saw in myself, and although I had to allow that standard to lessen so that the Blade wouldn't be just me , I demanded basic knowledge so that they wouldn't just be anathema bait.

Mesdoram:
I would have deleted had you been made War Master.

Jhanderin and Gherian:
Others talk about the massive roving gangs, but in my mind, the two of you were the Towers of Power for the good aligns. Both of you knew what you were doing, had strong race/class combos, and were playing all the freaking time. When Jhanderin deleted and Gherian immorted, I knew the range would never be the same again .. and it never was.

Jhanderin:
Like I said in your goodbye, I wanted to roleplay with you, but I went about it the wrong way. It came across like I was ranting because you and Gherian killed me, but I was really trying to charge up my role. I'm new to the idea of roleplaying with enemies beyond "Well done.".

Gherian:
You made me want to delete and roll anything but a felar. Levels 42-46 were a living ####ing Hell. It wasn't the 15 on 1 odds, it was you. Every time I walked through an area that could have quicksand, I had to be paranoid and assume there was quicksand, and the times when I felt safe and didn't assume it, you'd be there. And even if I was flying, Immolation was certain and nearly unavoidable death because it was hard to keep a resist_heat given my range. This unfortunate matchup was combined with the fact that you were the only good align with any degree of skill at hunting.

I got so frustrated that when I finally killed you the first time with Crasner, it was a fist pumping, cabbage-patch dancing moment. I can not remember anytime since my very first PK, six or so years ago, that I danced after killing another character. Roleplay wise, I think I made the same error with you that I did with Jhanderin. Once I knocked off trying to play up the role-based anger, it went alright even though I didn't get to really "Roleplay" with a capital "R".

Lao, Crasner:
Said it all in your goodbyes, you two sucked for deleting on me I was hoping we could rebuild the Blade together. Lao, you would have been my choice for War Master, but something about you seemed like you didn't want the responsibility. Maybe it was projection.

Faeras the War Master, the later years:
The Elite Blades:
I had three great Elite Blades. Birkota, Hukalon, and Demoli. Of the three, Hukalon was probably the strongest, Birkota the steadiest, and Demoli the most ambitious.

Demoli:
I was pretty hard on you at first because your ambition was not very subtle and conflicted with my role. I probably would have left you at the lower echelons for much longer if you hadn't impressed an Immortal. I actually don't think I promoted you once except for giving you the Bloodoath Later on, though, you cloaked your ambition and it went fine. Also, I was ambivalent about demoting you because I had read the log Ancruhljin posted, which gave some insight into what you were doing with your role. I hope you haven't deleted because Demoli seems like a cool character.

Tibtzapt:
I think I lost you because I left you sitting at Sheathed too long. You deserved Blade a while ago. Play more of a proactive role in getting raids together, and you'll advance.

Zalennon:
Fun bard, wish we had done more together with the notes and stuff. I never quite figured out how to best use you, but I know there is some way out there that will add to the Blade environment.

Khalizad:
Good luck. You're enjoying success. Don't burn out when bad or boring times hit.

Other Imperials:

Astilamos:
It seems like I'm in the minority, but I liked you. I'm always seeing people flaming you for level sitting when every time I'd log in, you'd want to rank. I don't think anyone can understand how difficult it was to rank during that 15-1 time period unless they went through it, and I know from experience what a bitch it is to rank an AP. You were a tough little bastard, and a lot of times it'd be me and you against the odds. Oh yeah, and I loved having you in the group because EVERYONE would target you first. The one time I got pissed was the last raid, when you called "OK retreat" and left while I was getting bashed/cheapshotted to death. Man, we could have had them. But I wasn't too pissed because that's just Empire and we all know who to blame for our own deaths

Imperial Healers:
Mazaufat, Quhmnari, Xeligu, Xalhaell, Dolomock, etc.:
Definitely made a difference every time.

Menzaen:
That thing you did with that one blade and me was awesome. I was twisted in circles for a while afterward. I think you're one of the few with a real grasp on Empire.

Fortress:
Erenthell:
I liked your character a lot. I've played a lot of Maran, and you are a credit to the tradition. I wish I hadn't died to you that one time at the Vanquisher. Afterward, I learned to wield a staff and pugil. Obviously it wasn't great RP to let you have half your gear back, but a felar really has to *try* to full loot someone.

Zacharyn:
Zach has a good heart. I felt bad the times you died because I knew the other Imperials would full loot you, and you're a cool guy. Of course, I didn't stop them.

Gwyythinniel:
Pretty damned smart bard, but with pretty damned unreliable backup. But tell me.. why did you just stay there at those centurions that one time? Cocky? Confident? No return potion?

Fortress healers:
In general, you have to stick it out more with your tanks.

Other Therans:

Darch:
Sorry I never stopped by. Was always too busy when you were around.

Eluna:
The time I died to you from bleeding while running in Seantryn, I messed up my aliases, and had "quaff return" instead of "quaff recall". And then I kept misspelling recall until the damned bleeding took me. Damn it. You seem like a cool character, I wish I could have put up some more interesting fights.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Faeras the Weaponsmaster, Imperial W... [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 18-Jul-03 12:12 PM
Reply RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Faeras the Weaponsmaster, Imperi..., Dafeb (Guest), 21-Jul-03 12:06 PM, #26
Reply First few entries to Role:, Faeras. (Guest), 18-Jul-03 04:33 PM, #10
Reply Ever read a helpfile?, Trespasser (Guest), 18-Jul-03 04:45 PM, #14
     Reply Fela/Felar it's all the same to me...and, Gwyn, 18-Jul-03 05:21 PM, #15
          Reply RE: Fela/Felar it's all the same to me...and, Trespasser (Guest), 18-Jul-03 05:31 PM, #16
               Reply Speaking of elves..., Gwyn, 18-Jul-03 05:35 PM, #17
Reply RE: Goodbyes (partial list):, Faeras. (Guest), 18-Jul-03 02:46 PM #4
Reply RE: Goodbyes (partial list):, Khasotholas, 18-Jul-03 02:53 PM, #6
Reply Thanks., Faeras. (Guest), 18-Jul-03 04:40 PM, #13
Reply Heh., Birkota (Guest), 18-Jul-03 03:13 PM, #7
Reply Well..., Dugruain, 18-Jul-03 03:34 PM, #8
Reply The Huromhaur scenario., Faeras. (Guest), 18-Jul-03 04:39 PM, #12
Reply That was an awesome experience, Menzaen (Guest), 18-Jul-03 03:46 PM, #9
Reply RE: Well., Faeras. (Guest), 18-Jul-03 04:36 PM, #11
Reply Jaleous., Beer, 18-Jul-03 08:42 PM, #18
Reply I've got to know, Wilhath, 18-Jul-03 08:47 PM, #19
     Reply RE: I've got to know, Beer, 20-Jul-03 04:08 PM, #25
Reply RE: Goodbyes (partial list):, Morrilion (Guest), 18-Jul-03 11:34 PM, #20
Reply RE: Goodbyes (partial list):, Erenthell (Guest), 19-Jul-03 08:01 AM, #21
Reply RE: Goodbyes (partial list):, Jhanderin (Guest), 19-Jul-03 03:57 PM, #22
Reply RE: Shrizhiel, Lhydia, 19-Jul-03 07:58 PM, #23
Reply Good job, Eluna, 19-Jul-03 08:44 PM, #24
Reply I really liked fighting with you, Coronado (Guest), 21-Jul-03 06:28 PM, #27
Reply RE: Comments., Faeras. (Guest), 18-Jul-03 01:53 PM, #1
     Reply Nicely done, Wilhath, 18-Jul-03 02:03 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Comments., Gherian, 18-Jul-03 02:41 PM, #3
          Reply RE: Hehe., Faeras. (Guest), 18-Jul-03 02:51 PM, #5
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #19337 Previous topic | Next topic