Subject: "RE: He was removed for incompetance and loosing it..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13259
Show all folders

Kraenesk (Guest)Sun 22-Dec-02 09:55 AM

#13262, "RE: He was removed for incompetance and loosing it..."

farking people who cant spell!
Just because it's a pet peeve of mine i'll post this, i hope it dont piss the imms off.

LOOSE = 1. Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks.
2. Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.
3. Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.
4. Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes.
5. Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers.
6. Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel.
7. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk.
8. Not formal; relaxed: a loose atmosphere at the club.
9. Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior.
10. Not literal or exact: a loose translation.
11. Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: a loose cough; loose bowels.

LOSE = 1. To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He's always losing his car keys.
a. To be deprived of (something one has had): lost her art collection in the fire; lost her job.
b. To be left alone or desolate because of the death of: lost his wife.
c. To be unable to keep alive: a doctor who has lost very few patients.
3. To be unable to keep control or allegiance of: lost his temper at the meeting; is losing supporters by changing his mind.
4. To fail to win; fail in: lost the game; lost the court case.
5. To fail to use or take advantage of: Don't lose a chance to improve your position.
6. To fail to hear, see, or understand: We lost the plane in the fog. I lost her when she started speaking about thermodynamics.
1. To let (oneself) become unable to find the way.
2. To remove (oneself), as from everyday reality into a fantasy world.
8. To rid oneself of: lost five pounds.
9. To consume aimlessly; waste: lost a week in idle occupations.
10. To wander from or become ignorant of: lose one's way.
a. To elude or outdistance: lost their pursuers.
b. To be outdistanced by: chased the thieves but lost them.
12. To become slow by (a specified amount of time). Used of a timepiece.
13. To cause or result in the loss of: Failure to reply to the advertisement lost her the job.
14. To cause to be destroyed. Usually used in the passive: Both planes were lost in the crash.
15. To cause to be damned.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(DEL) Kanrill the Master of Adamantite [View all] , Death_Angel, Fri 20-Dec-02 04:29 PM
Reply Thought you were scion n/t, Death lover (Guest), 20-Dec-02 04:33 PM, #1
     Reply He was removed for incompetance and loosing it..., Anith (Guest), 20-Dec-02 06:02 PM, #2
          Reply RE: He was removed for incompetance and loosing it..., Deveskrius (Guest), 21-Dec-02 01:10 AM, #3
          Reply RE: He was removed for incompetance and loosing it..., Isildur, 21-Dec-02 01:43 PM, #5
          Reply RE: He was removed for incompetance and loosing it..., Telfud (Guest), 21-Dec-02 12:29 PM, #4
          Reply Same thing to me....., A warrior (Guest), 21-Dec-02 03:47 PM, #6
               Reply Well., Dal (Guest), 21-Dec-02 05:14 PM, #7
                    Reply As a lowbie I grouped with him a lot, dwimmerling, 21-Dec-02 08:05 PM, #8
          Reply RE: He was removed for incompetance and loosing it..., Kraenesk (Guest), 22-Dec-02 09:55 AM #9
               Reply You have too much time on your hands and no purpose...n..., Anith (Guest), 22-Dec-02 11:07 AM, #10
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #13259 Previous topic | Next topic