Subject: "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Darvoderis Ki'eth the Consummate Destuvian, Emperor of Thera" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128067
Show all folders

Darvoderis (Anonymous)Sat 14-May-16 08:30 PM
Charter member
#128069, "RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Darvoderis Ki'eth the Consummate Destuvian, Emperor of Thera"
Edited on Sat 14-May-16 08:40 PM

Not a great char from my perspective, but probably my best in three years. Playing a low exp light armor shaman (I have typically played giant/heavy armor types if playing a shaman previously) had been on my to do list for some time. I had lost interest in my previous char over the holidays, and Empire finally seemed to be in a downswing (best cabal for Shaman IMHO), so I rolled Darvoderis. Being viable in PK all the way up, and actually having things like energy drain work from time to time were awesome.

Darvoderis made it to High Priest fairly quickly based on being the only Divine who met the prerequisites. When Gaspare was still around, logins where either Gaspare was on and there was no one to fight, or he was not on and there were about 10 people to fight which began to take a toll once I hit hero range. When Gaspare deleted, the situation at least had a bit of a shakeup.

I didn't feel real good about overthrowing Caecilius. I thought Caecilius was a very interesting char, and had very good takes on the Empire, but once the Trib war got going, with the numbers battle had plus Qinsa's effectiveness, I could not even leave a protected city to try to recover the codex at that point, so log ins were spent sitting around frustrated contemplating deletion. When I pushed for a vote, I saw my options as delete or find a way to end the trib war, and that was the only way I knew to do it. This was probably more of a move motivated by what me the player wanted than what Darvoderis wanted, although those get to be hard distinctions to make at some points.

Once I got Emperor I was a bit light on con already, so that probably hurt my motivation to do much more as Emperor than just to run around and mix it up (which is the part of the game I enjoy the most anyway). I considered trying to get a con quest, but RL is getting pretty busy (not that that will stop me from rolling up something else immediately) and I was already a bit fatigued on this char anyway.

Apologies to anyone I lashed out at on the days my frustration was peaking. It happens more than it used to. I tend to gravitate toward underdog cabals, but then get upset about being the underdog, which is something I need to work on. I don't think I really saw anything negative from any enemies

Destuvius - Great interactions and thanks for everything. Sorry if I fell off or made questionable decisions toward the end.

Jormyr - Thanks for the RC win.

Golthazar and Rodacir - Thanks for the votes (would have left this out but since Destuvius posted it already).

Golthazar - When you were around, it always felt like we were winning

Rodacir, Prantus, Donetov, Almsethla (SP) Thanks for running around and trying to do stuff with me, even though it usually ended up with some (or all) of us dead.

Qinsa - If you had not started attacking me, I would have never called for a vote, so in the end that actually did get you what you wanted, although as an Imperial char (and the player of an Imperial char) it chafes a bit that Darvoderis let characters outside of the Empire affect its internal affairs.

Ardish, Gwildathea, other outlanders - We had plenty of interactions early on, but they kinda fell off after Qinsa's dismantling of the tree started and they never really got rebooted.

Shravthar and Grimgal - thanks for deleting. That greatly extended the life of my char.

Llathe - Early on I considered you a bit of a band wagoner even though I always considered you one of the most competent and deadly villagers. Seeing your conduct when battle was no longer on top really changed my opinion and I think your char is really shining now.

Grundo - You reminded me of my attempts to play warriors. That isn't really a compliment. I loved your willingness to keep getting after it though.

Dol - I'll go ahead and say you are the most significant Azure so far and I grew to really like this character over time.

Worthag - I had your rod then got in another fight before I could give it back to you. Sorry. I never did kill you.

Daphedee - thanks for checking up on me, although my answers rarely went beyond good or fighting.

Nexans - had fun getting out items back, or trying at least.

Balgrum - some amazing interactions today. Good job on sticking it out and good to see you are finally not alone.

I am forgetting a lot. Post and I will reply

My only real regret with this char is I am going out just when there are finally squires and paladins around to kill vs eating deathblows or curing spores all the time.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT Topic(CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Darvoderis Ki'eth the Consummate De... [View all] , Death_Angel, Sat 14-May-16 06:32 PM
Reply Well... mixed feelings, Dragguul (Anonymous), 17-May-16 04:35 PM, #20
Reply RE: Well... mixed feelings, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 17-May-16 05:03 PM, #21
Reply had fun fighting you, grundo (Anonymous), 15-May-16 10:14 AM, #11
Reply RE: had fun fighting you, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 15-May-16 12:56 PM, #15
Reply Good char from what I saw, Gwildaththea (Anonymous), 14-May-16 10:26 PM, #4
Reply RE: Good char from what I saw, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 14-May-16 10:40 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Darvoderis Ki'eth the Consummat..., Darvoderis (Anonymous), 14-May-16 08:40 PM #1
     Reply I felt so bad taking that potshot near the village., Laeden Leech (Anonymous), 14-May-16 09:00 PM, #2
     Reply RE: I felt so bad taking that potshot near the village., Vonzamir, 14-May-16 09:06 PM, #3
     Reply Good job, Ild (Anonymous), 14-May-16 11:06 PM, #6
     Reply RE: Good job, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 15-May-16 04:01 AM, #9
     Reply thumbs up, Llathe (Anonymous), 15-May-16 03:23 AM, #7
     Reply RE: thumbs up, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 15-May-16 03:53 AM, #8
          Reply woe was definitely you, Llathe (Anonymous), 15-May-16 04:32 AM, #10
               Reply RE: woe was definitely you, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 15-May-16 12:16 PM, #14
     Reply Sorry to see you go!, Ilyenei (Anonymous), 15-May-16 10:24 AM, #12
     Reply RE: Sorry to see you go!, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 15-May-16 12:01 PM, #13
     Reply Well played., k-b, 15-May-16 03:11 PM, #16
     Reply RE: Well played., Darvoderis (Anonymous), 15-May-16 04:34 PM, #17
     Reply Good char, Destuvius, 16-May-16 02:37 PM, #18
     Reply RE: Good char, Darvoderis (Anonymous), 16-May-16 03:24 PM, #19
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Darvoderis Ki'eth the Consummat..., Caecilius (Anonymous), 18-May-16 08:32 PM, #22
          Reply Dude, wait for your death for comments like that, Kstatida, 19-May-16 03:14 AM, #23
          Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [EMPIRE] Darvoderis Ki'eth the Consummat..., Darvoderis (Anonymous), 19-May-16 10:01 AM, #24
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #128067 Previous topic | Next topic