Subject: "Had fun, thanks all" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127997
Show all folders

ThulevarSat 14-May-16 02:12 AM
Member since 14th May 2016
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128062, "Had fun, thanks all"

Well I enjoyed myself and I must say this game still holds up for the most part. Only downside is the numbers and I am not sure the mechanics work as well with lower numbers than The Fields used to have. It had been 5 or maybe closer to 10 years since I last rolled up and played a solid character on the Fields. I must say I felt half a newb and half an old vet playing. Many things were the same and many things had changed. Not to mention, I sadly seemed to forgot more then I remembered. I think most of my deaths could have been avoided if my memory had been better or in PK if I took time to prep or wait for backup . Hell I died 3 times in a row to the destructor as a ghost not remembering you automatically unghost if you go to an inner guardian as a ghost, then had déjà vu that I had done the exact same thing years ago. Just one of many. But I really just rolled this character to be survivable, be able to explore, and learn the ropes again. So I thought the defense and air shifter a good option. My character seem to fight the Empire and Outlanders for the first part of his life then the second half it was just a constant grind with the village with no other options which was pretty frustrating. But he pretty much got along with all others besides the village because he needed to so he had some allies and companions.

I liked my shifter and was still figuring out aspects of it up to the end. The Porcupine was awesome especially with a good healer or bard, except when my enemies got smart in their strategy. Most of the time my enemies would flurry , drum etc themselves to death and then go running not expecting the results. But I think most villager carried around an extra weapon just for me. I do wish it had just another skill like a leg sweep or something with the tail would have been awesome. Just a little something to add some excitement in a fight and to be able to keep someone from running, it would have drastically changed my PK results. I won many a fight, but had so much trouble sealing the deal on a win. The falcon was pretty interesting, but thought it maybe needed to dodge just a little better or hit a little harder. Especially the dive, I thought it should be more like an ambush. Especially after reading about them and how they can pretty much one shot other birds and animals with a dive in real life. I really did want a quest form (a dragon, probably not likely, but It seemed they were around back in the day), but I don’t think my time every worked out with the gods I tried to somewhat follow and probably needed to focus a bit more on that type of interaction and storyline.

Nexus, I still like the concept, but man it was a struggle, even to get in initially. My playing times were off from the leaders when I was coming up and finally connected with Dundlin. Even after that, I didn’t have many islanders around when I was until the end. Seemed most of the time I would login without the key, with the veil as thick as molasses in winter, at least a couple villagers around and no other islanders in sight. Made it tough to do the whole fight for balance because my whole time was spent fighting the village and really needed those from other cabals to work with and seemed to have ready allies against the village if I asked.

A few thoughts on Nexus:
1. Wish the effects of the bond for magic users would last just a bit longer. My spells (very helpful) stay with the warrior when we separated, but my hp left me if we were apart on a tick. It didn’t seem quite fair and I am not sure if a shifter really gets lots of benefits beyond the Hp, but maybe I am wrong. Most of my experience was bonding with a warrior, ranger and bard.
2. Seems there were more mages than warriors most of the time, I know it is kind of against the concept, but wish the mages could bond for some benefit
3. Guardians: man I know there are some good village players out there, but it seemed villagers, even by themselves could run through the nexus guardians pretty easily and it took the island some work. I could spend 45 minutes taking the destructor down by myself and saw some lone villagers go through our inner guardians in less than 5 or so.
4. Also wish we could group as bonded members of group

IMMs
Wish I had a bit more immteraction. I got a little taste here and there and tried to get something going, but never really got a foot in. Especially since I was wanting a quest form, but I think I was too rusty and didn’t have enough time to seek them out. However, one of the best times I had in the whole time I played was when an imm had a massive NPC attack (with appropriate characters) on the island. There was actually a group of islanders on and we all rushed back and defended the island from the onslaught and then took the fight to the village and took the head. It was awesome and a blast and I think everyone involved thought the same. I would love to see more of that type of thing. It probably didn’t take much effort on that IMMs part (I think it would be kind of fun to run it from that side) but it made our day and was a highlight for me.

People
Nexus
Was pretty sparse at times and we seemed to rotate through some people, just when I started to get to know them. So I am sure I have forgotten some I liked, especially from months ago.

Dundlin, loved traveling with you wish we could have more, but seemed we were always saying it had been a while.

Cablesko , I think you were the only one I saw around regularly for a good portion of my life. Thought you were great, think you should have gotten Rhyme when you did, and still not really sure what went down, you seemed to lose interest and I didn’t see you as much after that weird switch happened.

Lsokoa, like teaming up with you as Rhyme and Meter. I think we really had started to get some momentum going, seems we actually had the key, things were in balance, we took the fight to others and we got to do some fun adventuring when we took on our roles. Glad I got a decent group going near the end of this character

Lanning, another bard I liked to travel with. You said you were green, but I never thought so. I wasn’t sure if it was the character you were playing or you just caught on fast. We were always a great team and I always liked having you around.

Aufang, enjoyed the time we played together, but didn’t seem to last long.

Talisan, my bard buddy near the start, helped me get to hero and into nexus

I know there are others, sorry if I missed you played this character for about a year.

Villagers
Some of you were crazy good and I could usually hold my own against most. I also think you all kept spears and staves in your pit just for me, because everyone had one when I came to try and recover.

Grimghal – I am still amazed at how much of a punch you could pack in your attack. You were the one villager I don’t think I could ever stand a chance against. Also you still amazed when I took your hammer how you went through the island outer guardian and into the island inner and killed me before I could even finish typing my sentence to taunt you or change forms. I had planned to make you work for it when I found out how much you wanted it. Kind of a bummer and anticlimactic.

Others there were many I battled and I think we had a mutual respect and were good for the game, but there were a few heavy looters and multi killers in the bunch, but they didn’t stick around long.

Others
Laeden – I was always glad to see one of the villager with a wanted flat to be able to have your help and you were always willing

Darvoderis – we seemed to fall into the enemy of my enemy is my friend. I enjoyed teaming up with you a lot near the end of Thulevar

Tanzer – Seems we were always in the skies above looking down at the village together, waiting for Grimghal to go away. I always wanted to find out how my falcon faired against a golden eagle (probably would have got owned), but never got the chance for much air battle. Seems the only thing I ever fought was some condors up in the sky. I think we all kind of liked the safety of the air and didn’t tempt it much.

Golthazar, thanks for taking a moment at the end.

There was an AP from early on that really helped me out, wished I could remember his name, but everyone seemed to be scared of him and wouldn’t trust him or travel with him but he liked me for some reason.

Anyways, getting long, had fun returning after many years and will probably take a break for a bit. I am glad I was able to revisit it and it is still going those that play are a pretty good group to play with. I’m not the college kid with lots of time on my hands anymore and dedicating the time to do it right is hard. I don’t know how some of you do it. I may roll up another character, or who know it may be years again. Thank you to everyone and I am sure I will see you in the fields again.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topic(CON LOSS) [NEXUS] Thulevar the Grand Master of Changel... [View all] , Death_Angel, Thu 12-May-16 12:40 AM
Reply Had fun, thanks all, Thulevar, 14-May-16 02:12 AM #1
     Reply Both of my Felar shifters approve heartily, Murphy, 14-May-16 02:40 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Had fun, thanks all, incognito, 14-May-16 06:17 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Had fun, thanks all, djdustydust, 15-May-16 05:37 PM, #4
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #127997 Previous topic | Next topic