Subject: "Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 2" This topic is locked.
Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #6055
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM
Member since 26th Jun 2024
16963 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6066, "Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 2"

Role

Chapter 2

The Legacy of Kresh
Added Thu Jun 2 19:21:25 2005 at level 51:

Kresh, a servant to me in the hierarchy of the undead, though my superior in the political
circles of the Empire, has earned a place of infamy in my long memory. From the moment that
I Became, the terrified mummy worked to hinder my progress within the Empire, and he did so
quite effectively. Despite having gained the support of the entire council in regards to
taking the mantle of the Dreadlord as my own, the Imperial Lords did not lift a finger,
though it was not for a lack of effort on my part. It became clear to me that the suspicions
I had harbored for most of my life were true; I would never achieve what I strived for within
the Empire, and it was most likely due to my philosophies, as well as my religious beliefs.
So, my last moments of what I have come to call "imperial servitude" came in the midst of a
battle at the Fortress of the Light, when Kresh, for the first time, noticed that I bore the
Unholy Blade of Zurcon into battle. Despite the fact that the influence of the blade could
only be resisted by the likes of the undead, and despite the fact that the fallen Emperor,
Makholvek, used the same blade (and followed the same religious beliefs as he), he demanded
that I destroy it. Considering what I knew to be true about my fate in the Empire, I felt it
was time to show Kresh his true place in the world. Merrily I thrashed his pathetically
frail body across the face of Thera, reveling in the power that this hate had given me.

It would appear, however, that Kresh's last legislative act had more power than I had
first thought, for the Scions, whom I have built a working relationship with over these
years of exile, refuse to accept me in their ranks. It does not make any kind of sense to me,
for our desires run parallel, even if we have stemmed from different beginnings. Must one's
life be decided in one's youth, or can a being be allowed to evolve? Are they so close-minded
that they cannot see the value of a life so richly lived and boldly pursued as mine? It is a
mystery, but I cannot...I will not accept their decision so easily. I've gained wisdom over
these many years, and though it has been a great many years since I was an apprentice, I must
remember that the first test given is often the test of determination. Is this such a test? I
am Anathema to the Empire, but I am so much more.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy

Locked Topic[None] Ithzaruul the Lich Lord, Anathema to the Empire [View all] , Death_Angel, Mon 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM
Reply Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 8, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #3
Reply Ithzaruul's Immortal Comments, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply The Rest of That:, nepenthe, 14-Jun-05 07:57 AM, #4
Reply Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 7, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 6, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 5, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 4, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 3, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 2, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM #
Reply Ithzaruul's Role Chapter 1, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Gank-O-Meter, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's PK Statistics, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Spell List, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Skill List, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Title History, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #2
Reply Ithzaruul's Best Set of Equipment, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Timeline, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #
Reply Ithzaruul's Statistics, Death_Angel, 13-Jun-05 08:04 AM, #1
Top General Discussions The Battlefield The Premium Battlefield Topic #6055 Previous topic | Next topic