Subject: "Lengthy Reasoning" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #351
Show all folders

SplntrdWed 04-Aug-04 02:40 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#356, "Lengthy Reasoning"

"...already a benefit to bartering..."

True.

Here is my reasoning.
As it stands, there are several points where experience points could be rewarded during a newbie's exploration of that healing alcove.

1) the point in which the newbie types "heal", and recieves the list.

In my opinion, this is an easy accomplishment, and giving exp points at this point would actually distract from the main point of the exploration, which is to learn how to use the healer to actually heal.

2) The newbie types "heal <supplication>"

Actually, a good point. However, if the newbie doesn't need healing, are they going to actually use the service and recieve the bonus? Certainly someone who already knows they can get experience points in this manner is going to buy healing whether they need it or not. But as for newbies using the service... hp/mv max are so low at those levels that resting for a minute negates the need for a healer fast, or for spending money on healing.

3) The newbie types "heal <supp> <item>"

As I stated earlier, bartering for healing services is more obscure, but perhaps this is a good reason to reward exp at point 2). It all depends on what the focus of the healer is. The purpose seems to be to introduce Newbies to healing services in general, NOT the bartering. However, learning and using this obscure and useful command seems rewardable to me.

So perhaps a compromise. A small reward for "heal <supp>", and a smaller reward for "heal <supp> <item>". These sums should be balanced against the exp gained in the rest of the alcoves. I would say that 70 exp points for one, and 30 for the other would be well-balanced. or 75, 25, if you wish to keep with the increments of 25.

Those're my thoughts on the issue, checks and balances and stuff. On second thought, give them a couple thousand just for reading the sign too...

Splntrd

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicMiscellaneous updates: [View all] , Valguarnera, Mon 02-Aug-04 01:47 PM
Reply On the Academy Healer, Splntrd, 02-Aug-04 10:10 PM, #1
     Reply I would rank to hero on what I've bartered at the heale..., Laearrist, 03-Aug-04 07:35 AM, #2
     Reply I assumed he meant a one-time reward, like most quests...., Valguarnera, 03-Aug-04 07:35 AM, #3
     Reply D'oh!, Qaledus, 03-Aug-04 10:36 PM, #4
          Reply Lengthy Reasoning, Splntrd, 04-Aug-04 08:11 AM #5
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #351 Previous topic | Next topic