Subject: "Beseech update" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2915
Show all folders

ValguarneraSun 27-Apr-14 04:45 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#2915, "Beseech update"

I went back and added most sensible classes to Beseech, so that you can ask for help from more people than healers, paladins, and bards. A modified helpfile is below, until I can get the online copy updated.

I also made some updates to its logic of determining how much help you 'need', building on things you may have figured out through use already. For example, the skill has always worked better if you're hurt, if evil is generally strong in the world, etc. Charisma is the attribute that helps the most, but the NPC may use other factors in exactly how much help they can spare-- for example, a dwarf is most likely to help another dwarf, there's an Order/Chaos dynamic, it gets less effective if you're asking every NPC you come across, etc. (Like most Charisma-based skills, there's assumed to be some IC dialogue that occurs 'off camera'.) The effects are strongest when both you and the NPC you're asking are high in level, and when the chance of a request was high in the first place.

I've left some logging enabled to make sure things run as they did during my internal testing, but please post to the Bug Forum if something is broken, and post to Gameplay if you have other comments/concerns.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

BESEECH
Syntax: beseech <non-player character>
beseech

Virtuous characters may persuade others of high morals to provide some
assistance if they are in dire need. Healers and paladins are the most
capable and most renowned for having a generous spirit, but those of most
other professions can often find ways to lend a hand to a needy adventurer.

Persuasive characters will find obtaining this type of aid the easiest,
particularly when their need is greatest, and if they have developed a
reputation for not asking often.

If no (valid) non-player-character is specified, the request will default to
a healer or paladin, if one is present. This can be done even if the user is
blind and unable to specify a target.

See also: HEAL, MORALITY, REQUEST

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicBeseech update [View all] , Valguarnera, Sun 27-Apr-14 04:45 PM
Reply What is a "reputation for not asking often"?, Murphy, 28-Apr-14 01:59 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Reputation, Valguarnera, 28-Apr-14 02:18 PM, #2
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #2915 Previous topic | Next topic