Subject: "Tears of... joy! Quite seriously." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1039
Show all folders

GoodLuckDiceFri 27-Oct-06 01:29 AM
Member since 19th Jan 2006
51 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1040, "Tears of... joy! Quite seriously."

For any person whose playingstyle remotely resembles that of my own, the warrior and berserker classes just became more welcoming as well as more inviting than they have ever been before. Consider for a moment that in the past, I've had a strong penchant for playing rangers and mage classes primarily for their 'camouflage', 'word of recall' and 'teleport' abilities. I did this simply so that I would be able to avoid the (rather very many) occassions where my opponents had a superior prep knowledge to myself, and thus also those fights where a possibly better use of tactics alone wouldn't be able to save my butt due to the other warrior also being hasted, stoneskinned and whatnot. In a sense, that very prepsystem for non-mage characters which you've apparently now finally abolished to a good extent really inhibited my ability to enjoy this game more directly, as it forced me into either playing evasively or dedicating a good portion of my online time into something of a prep arms race.

And neither of those options were ever all that appealing to me, to be honest.

The reason you'll thus find me to be a vocal supporter of this decision you've made, is the notion that I am now quite likely to be able to compete, or just simply participate for that matter, in true cabal warfare and also to simply play classes that have no inherent evasive abilities, without mounting frustrations. I'd say it is more or less staggering just what kind of possibilities this change to the prep system can potentially offer a more casual player like myself. Though the onslaught of complaints from the resident powergamers will probably not be far behind. Best of luck with that I'd say.

Along with reaffirming my gratitude, there is one other last thing I'd like to say. Throughout the years that I've been a part of this lovely little community of CF players, I've found myself reconsidering my stances and opinions on several of the choices you all made for CF, in a way that was generally geared more positive towards the staff. I.e. the more experienced and knowledgeable I became about the game, the more I tended to start to agree with the hows and the whys of these decisions you as the staff made regarding the direction of the game. To this, there consistently have been two major exceptions however. The first was the state of the anti-paladin class prior to its enhancement with the various new weapon skills unique to the class, and the second was the game's prep system. In both of these cases, I only became more vocally opposed to the continued status quo of those two things as time went by.

Today, both of those two remaining sources of discontent for me have been fixed and in ways that leave a casual player such as myself with a great optimism with regards to the quality of his future gaming hours here at CF. Basically, I want to say this;

Thank you.

Be warned though that there will be some who will strongly differ in my opinions about all of this. But at any rate, I have said my part.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

HOT TopicPreps and Stuff: [View all] , Daevryn, Fri 27-Oct-06 12:14 AM
Reply RE: Preps and Stuff:, insta, 14-Nov-06 10:26 PM, #23
Reply A week or so later..., Daevryn, 03-Nov-06 12:27 AM, #22
Reply Area explore etc..., Daevryn, 18-Dec-06 10:20 PM, #24
Reply I like all blows to the prep system... So, Marcus_, 29-Oct-06 10:51 AM, #19
Reply RE: I like all blows to the prep system... So, Daevryn, 29-Oct-06 11:22 AM, #21
Reply I can't believe noone is posting they are upset., (NOT Pro), 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #15
Reply RE: I can't believe noone is posting they are upset., Daevryn, 28-Oct-06 10:26 PM, #17
     Reply I deleted as a result of these changes...however..., Gnarugk, 29-Oct-06 10:51 AM, #18
          Reply RE: I deleted as a result of these changes...however..., Daevryn, 29-Oct-06 10:56 AM, #20
Reply RE: Preps and Stuff:, v_vega, 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #14
Reply Wow. Just. Wow., Odrirg, 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #13
Reply Delete Delete., Astillian, 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #12
Reply I like the changes but one question...., Lightmage, 28-Oct-06 10:15 PM, #11
Reply RE: I like the changes but one question...., Daevryn, 28-Oct-06 10:25 PM, #16
Reply Thank you thank you thank you thank you Thank you thank..., Larcat, 27-Oct-06 04:33 PM, #8
Reply I love you. (n/t), Trilo, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #7
Reply Thank you (n/t), appelsien, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #6
Reply This is quite possibly the best change to come along in..., Vladamir, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #5
Reply Quick question..., Corilanth, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #4
Reply RE: Quick question..., Daevryn, 27-Oct-06 03:18 PM, #9
Reply Heh, Nightgaunt_, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #3
Reply Awesome. Thank you., GinGa, 27-Oct-06 03:06 PM, #2
Reply RE: Awesome. Thank you., Daevryn, 27-Oct-06 03:19 PM, #10
Reply Tears of... joy! Quite seriously., GoodLuckDice, 27-Oct-06 02:22 AM #1
Top General Discussions Announcements Topic #1039 Previous topic | Next topic