Subject: "pretty sure is a bug with vault - might not be" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #764
Show all folders

an ap (Guest)Wed 07-May-03 07:24 AM

#764, "pretty sure is a bug with vault - might not be"

When you vault, you are able to enter one command between beginning the vault and actually impacting on the victim.

This may be intentional, because I can see that you could vault into the air with a spear and then strike with a sword, say.

However, I can see two major problems with it that suggest it isn't intentional.

1. If your command is a dirt kick, you can blind your enemy before the vault hits. However, doing so means that you are already fighting your enemy before the vault hits. You are then able to hit yourself. This doesn't cause damage, as far as I recall, but it does cause bleeding.

2. Based on the above, I assume that you are not in combat until the vault actually hits. So, theoretically, I could teleport after beginning the vault but before finishing it. I can see this having two effects. (a) you teleport, and then fall to the ground, and (b) you teleport and manage to hit the victim even though you are now far away.

PS: I hope the downsides to the skill reduce once it gets above a certain point. The helpfile wasn't kidding when it talked about disastrous misses.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

Topicpretty sure is a bug with vault - might not be [View all] , an ap (Guest), Wed 07-May-03 07:24 AM
Reply FNCR (n/t), Zulghinlour, 09-May-03 01:03 AM, #1
Top General Discussions Bug Submissions Topic #764 Previous topic | Next topic