Go back to previous topic
Forum Name New Player Q&A
Topic subjectWhich of parry, dodge, shield block, and evade does the legacy Autumn Harvest improve?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=5&topic_id=4520
4520, Which of parry, dodge, shield block, and evade does the legacy Autumn Harvest improve?
Posted by Small Sized Clueless Newbie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I saw a reference to it getting a nerf a few years back. Still viable?

Obviously soaking vs. avoidance are very different, but how would experienced players compare it to Gates of the Forge under common circumstances (1 and 2 size differences)?
4526, The problem with gates
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is that you have to gear differently to use it. So you are giving up other gear benefits to improve ac. Less so as a svirf because of your inherent stone skin, and generally good ac stuff.

I took gates as an Arial and whilst it was ok, I don't think I'd take it again if I still played, except maybe as a duergar (since dwarf doesn't appeal to me).
4521, RE: Which of parry, dodge, shield block, and evade does the legacy Autumn Harvest improve?
Posted by Elerosse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It affects only dodge. The greater the difference the better.

>And I saw a reference to it getting a nerf a few years back.
>Still viable?
>

I don't remember this happening. Still a good legacy from my experience.

>Obviously soaking vs. avoidance are very different, but how
>would experienced players compare it to Gates of the Forge
>under common circumstances (1 and 2 size differences)?

I don't think you can compare the two very easily. Gates helps against all damage, not just dodge able attacks. Personally I would take gates if you think you can maintain a low AC.
4522, RE: Which of parry, dodge, shield block, and evade does the legacy Autumn Harvest improve?
Posted by Same newbie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gates damage reduction is based off AC and not weight of armor? How much AC do you need to make it worth it, 200? 300? Over 9000?
4523, Over 9,000!??!? That's impossible!!! (N/T)
Posted by Jormyr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had to be said.
4524, Hurry Nappa! Kill these guys.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
4525, This link should answer the question..
Posted by Elerosse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=58042&mesg_id=58050&page=

Basically, if you can maintain -120 AC or better you will be getting some damage reduction.