Subject: "Semi-Finalists & Finalists Comments" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #330
Show all folders

DaltericWed 27-Jul-05 12:56 PM
Member since 26th Jun 2005
82 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#336, "Semi-Finalists & Finalists Comments"

Roles are a hard thing to judge. Occasionally one seems too long, then another the same length too short. I was looking for unique concepts that showed a lot of thought, that would lead to some interesting rp. I then looked for how well written--not grammar, but how did it flow, evoke imagery, and finally consistency.

I'm going to provide comments on each of the twelve semi-finalists. These are in the order I reviewed them, and not in their ranking. These are rough comments, basically waht I used to decide. Enjoy, and have fun.

Rhaguel
Interesting! Builds a story line in a humorous fashion, explains the character's past & future, and really makes you want to rp with him. I laughed, I cried, he won.

Sayuri
Great start to a role, only two entries but first gives a lot of background and fleshes out a different culture, then followed up by explanations to the role and what it means in terms of application.

Dorn
Fair length, updated, quality role. Nothing overly unique but a very solid effort, both easy to read and follow.

Alven
Consistent role, written in a diary style. Good to read, and explains a lot of what he's gone through. Conjured up biblical imagery, good for a paladin.

Elena
Good overall. Long, detailed, helps you like the character, and you understand the conjuration attraction. Not bad at all, really hope she continues to add.

Rksagge
Good backstory. Explains FG history, and how he became an AP, really quick read despite the length. Excellent battle, blow by blow you're in the "ring".

Mizzarah
Unique anti-religion role. It explains a lot of what this character believes, but doesn't go into any real detail about the character or how they developed the views, which is a strike against.

Szyrivlyrha
Unique backstory, with a myster. Has some good development, and then is carried through with regular updates.

Alyre
Very strong opening. Role is updated to reflect thoughts and interests as they change. Creative and well thought out, the whole created (potentially imaginary) deity is just good stuff. Took the time to lay out the views of the new god.

Srinlete
Not overly unique, but very well written and engrossing. Explains a lot and reflects well upon the solid character. Brings an eerie vibe, just to the text.

Shialee
A vey long single entry. Interesting, explains a lot, and while not unique, does convey a lot of useful information--I very much understand this character, although it took a lot of reading to get there.

Aputo
Unique stone-farming. Mixes idea and background fairly well. Enjoyable, especially with the mix of background and then explanation of what all stone farming requires.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

TopicJuly Role Contest [View all] , Dalteric, Tue 19-Jul-05 08:27 AM
Reply July Role Contest Winners, Dalteric, 26-Jul-05 08:23 PM, #2
Reply Semi-Finalists & Finalists Comments, Dalteric, 27-Jul-05 03:21 PM #3
Reply July Role Contest Closed, Preliminary Fun Facts, Dalteric, 25-Jul-05 07:55 PM, #1
Top General Discussions History & Lore Topic #330 Previous topic | Next topic